Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Did you not know, Jesus could not have saved His People from their sins or successfully seek and save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

BTW the objects to Save in Matt 1:21 and here in Lk 19:10 are the exact same ones,

Yet He could not have savedd them if He was not the One that applied Salvation to their Lost case !

The Saviour, in order to be a legitiment Saviour must effect the Application of Salvation !

So when we read in Titus 3:5-6 of those being saved :

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us[applied Salvation], by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

How ? Vs 6

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

The application is the shedding on abundantly of the renewing of the Holy Ghost through Jesus Christ Our Saviour !

The Saviour through the Work of the Spirit actually does put into effect or action our Salvation, and without this, He would not be True to the Promise that He shall save His People from their sins ! The Saviour must be given the Credit for the ones He is to save experimental , practical Salvation !

beloved57

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !2

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !2

The application of Salvation/ Redemption by Christ unto His People Matt 1:21 is seen right here Titus 2:11,14,3:4-6

11 For the grace of God that bringeth[applying] salvation hath appeared to all men,

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

That word purify is an application work effected. Its the greek verb:

katharizō =
i.to free from defilement of sin and from faults

ii.to purify from wickedness

iii.to free from guilt of sin, to purify

iv.to consecrate by cleansing or purifying

v.to consecrate, dedicate

Unto Good Works !

Titus 3:4-6

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The words "he saved us" is application of Salvation ! The Work of the Holy Ghost renewing us is part of Christ's Applying His Salvaion unto us ! Without this application He falls short of being a Saviour from sin as promised Matt 1:21 !

beloved57

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !3

He shall save, not maybe save, His People from their sins !3

The emphasis has been on how for Christ to be a legitimate Saviour in doing just what it was foretold He would do, Save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, to seek successfully and to save successfully that which was Lost Lk 19:10, then He would actually effect, apply His Saving Work upon them, even in them !

Here are a few scriptures that indicate just that, Titus 3:4-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This describes application Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats Application work being described !

Jer 32:39

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

When God says that He will do something to us, and it results in us doing something good unto Him, then thats describing application work !

Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The words " I will put " describes God's act of Application ! This The Lord Jesus Christ does unto each Vessel of Mercy He died for and becoming their Saviour !

Nanja

The emphasis has been on how for Christ to be a legitimate Saviour in doing just what it was foretold He would do, Save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, to seek successfully and to save successfully that which was Lost Lk 19:10, then He would actually effect, apply His Saving Work upon them, even in them !

Here are a few scriptures that indicate just that, Titus 3:4-6

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This describes application Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats Application work being described !

Jer 32:39

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

When God says that He will do something to us, and it results in us doing something good unto Him, then thats describing application work !

Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The words " I will put " describes God's act of Application ! This The Lord Jesus Christ does unto each Vessel of Mercy He died for and becoming their Saviour !

Amen to all three parts, which illustrate perfectly how that
it is the Application Work of our Lord Jesus Christ alone,
which effects and assures the Salvation of each one of
His People Mat. 1:21 that He gave His Life for.

The Saviour through the Work of the Spirit actually does put into effect or action our Salvation, and without this, He would not be True to the Promise that He shall save His People from their sins ! The Saviour must be given the Credit for the ones He is to save experimental , practical Salvation !

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour
; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to
the hope of eternal life.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to all three parts, which illustrate perfectly how that
it is the Application Work of our Lord Jesus Christ alone,
which effects and assures the Salvation of each one of
His People Mat. 1:21 that He gave His Life for.

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly
through Jesus Christ our Saviour
; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to
the hope of eternal life.

~~~~~
Bless you!

beloved57

His People are those He did Federally represent, which also because of it, their sins were legally charged to Him, and this is most indicated here Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Because He was the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16, it was appropriate that the Seed of Abraham sins was charged upon Him, for He represented that People, and all who become Believers and belong to Him, are the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise !

Nanja

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This His Seed is a Seed that Belongs to Christ, Yes Christ has a Seed or offspring, descendants, children and they are those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4; They were given to Him as a Spiritual Seed, just as they were given to adam as a physical, natural seed; and they were Christ's Seed prior to being Adam's, for Christ has the preeminence in all things Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Now as His Seed, they shall have the Spirit poured out upon them as the fulfillment of this Promise Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This is why Christ at His Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He was given the Spirit of Promise to pour upon His Spiritual Offspring that He died for Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Paul realizes this here Titus 3:5-6

That word shed also means to pour ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Thats what Isa 44:3 foretold

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Pouring of the Spirit on them also saves them Titus 3:5-6

So in order for Matt 1:21 to be complete, to save His People from their sins, this aspect of must also some to pass, the Regenerating Operations of the Spirit must also save them through the Work of Christ ! He saves His People, Seed from their sins !

While the forum was down today, I noticed that I had saved a portion of this
thread on my hard drive. One that I had not yet studied was this one, post #65.

I found it to be a most God-Glorifying, edifying and instructive post.

So I prayed that Fathers's Abundant Blessings be upon you!

Thank You, Brother! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57

While the forum was down today, I noticed that I had saved a portion of this
thread on my hard drive. One that I had not yet studied was this one, post #65.

I found it to be a most God-Glorifying, edifying and instructive post.

So I prayed that Fathers's Abundant Blessings be upon you!

Thank You, Brother! ☺

~~~~~
Praise Him!

beloved57

For he shall save his people from their sins !

For he shall save his people from their sins !

Whom Christ came to save was based upon a promise, for it is written:

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It was promised in the OT Scriptures Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Paul under inspiration preached that Jesus was according to PROMISE raised a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

The Jesus of the scriptures did not come to save, or offer salvation to everyone in the world, as it is falsely reported, but it was only for those given Him by the Father or those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Us here is Israel to whom the Promise is made Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Also is the His People of Matt 1:21

His People, or Israel that He came to save is not israel the physical descendants of Abraham, for they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8, However its the Israel the Spiritual descendants of Abraham and of Christ, men and women of all nationalities which does include some ethnic jews, yet not exclusive to them !

Remember Salvation is according to God's Promise, and Gods Promise is quite specific and particular as to whom shall be saved in the Lord ! Israel !

Nanja

Whom Christ came to save was based upon a promise, for it is written:

It was promised in the OT Scriptures Isa 45:17

Paul under inspiration preached that Jesus was according to PROMISE raised a Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

The Jesus of the scriptures did not come to save, or offer salvation to everyone in the world, as it is falsely reported, but it was only for those given Him by the Father or those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Us here is Israel to whom the Promise is made Isa 45:17

Also is the His People of Matt 1:21

His People, or Israel that He came to save is not israel the physical descendants of Abraham, for they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8, However its the Israel the Spiritual descendants of Abraham and of Christ, men and women of all nationalities which does include some ethnic jews, yet not exclusive to them !

Remember Salvation is according to God's Promise, and Gods Promise is quite specific and particular as to whom shall be saved in the Lord ! Israel !

Amen, and the same are the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, all God's Elect:

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Ps. 135:4KJV For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, and the same are the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, all God's Elect:

Mat. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Ps. 135:4KJV For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

Being brought to Faith, or Belief of the Truth, it is part of what Christ does in Saving us from our sins, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through/in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Salvation here chosen to is specifically stated, its in the Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth ! Its Salvation from Unbelief and believing lies !

You see, the fact of the matter is this, Christ has failed to save us from the consequences of our sins if we dont come to believe the Truth, since unbelief is nothing but a sympton of being in a lost state 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So understand something, if we say Christ died for someone, died for their sins, and then we turn around and say that the one He died to save, dies in their sins and in unbelief Jn 8:24, we are saying, whether we realize it or not, that Christ failed to save them from their sins ! We are calling His whole Saving Campaign to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, a failure, and that's something we will have to answer for in the Day of Judgment unless of course we are granted repentance to the acknowledgement of the Truth before that Day !

beloved57

Who are the His People referred to here ?

Who are the His People referred to here ?

Its everyone combined , rather jew or Gentile, whom as promised here, He shall save from their sins !

beloved57

Jesus He shall save His People from their sins !

Now the question is, just who are His People ? Many will say that His People are the ethnic jews, but that is a mistake, for that supposes ethnicity is the basis of their Salvation, which is trusting in the flesh, or confidence in the flesh. Paul wrote concerning trusting in the flesh here which he repented of Phil 3:3-5

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Paul before he was converted based his acceptance with God on ethnicity, it was one of the confidences in the flesh. So those who suppose Jesus will save them as promised in Matt 1:21 based upon their ethnicity, being a jew, they but trust in the flesh.

So who are the His People ?

#1. They are those the Father has Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

His People have an Election Union with Him made by the Father, even before the foundation. 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him[The Father] are ye in[Chosen in] Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Last edited:

beloved57

More on who are His People in Matt 1:21 ?

The Beloved of the Lord Chosen from the beginning !

2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

By the way, these His Chosen People are exclusively Called by the Gospel !

Nanja

beloved57
So who are the His People ?

#1. They are those the Father has Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

His People have an Election Union with Him made by the Father, even before the foundation. 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him[The Father] are ye in[Chosen in] Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Amen Brother! And His People, being chosen in Him of the Father, are the same ones which were made Righteous / Justified; being reconciled to God In Christ from Eternity, solely by His Blood Work Rom. 5:9; Is. 53:6; Heb. 7:22; 13:20 on their behalf.

2 Cor. 5:19, 21
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So His People never had any sin imputed to them Rom. 4:6-8.

They are the "us" which were Saved before the World began.

2 Tim. 1:9-10
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

And it's only to God's Election of Grace In Christ, His People, that that the Gospel is a savour of Life unto Life 2 Cor. 2:16!