Matt 1:21 He Shall save His People

beloved57

May He continue to bless you, too!

~~~~~

He will, and you also. 1 Jn 5:14-15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Nanja

He will, and you also. 1 Jn 5:14-15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

So true! And we walk perfectly according to His Will and Purpose by His Grace!
He provides all our needs, physical and spiritual, and assures us that His Perfect Will
is being accomplished in our lives all the time. Our delight is continually in Him
and we desire nothing less than His Perfect Will for us!

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

And we walk perfectly according to His Will and Purpose by His Grace!

Amen, as does all the Seed of Abraham by Faith Gen 17:1-5,7

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

beloved57

He shall see His Seed ! 3

He shall see His Seed ! 3

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Have you thought about what this phrase means " he shall see his seed" and this in the context of having made His Soul an offering for sin, which would include His sufferings thereunto Lk 24:26

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Acts 17:3

3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Heb 5:8

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

1 Pet 2:21

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1 Pet 4:1

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

But afterwards He shall see His Seed ; This means He will see them Born Again[and come to God] as a Result of His Suffering / death !

Its comparative to a women who suffers in the flesh with childbearing pains, but afterwards as we read Jn 16:21

21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

Thats what is meant here Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The Joy is that He shall see His Seed Born and Converted to God, the same here as well Lk 15:7

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Thats Christ seeing His Seed converted with repentance toward God because of His Suffering !

Just as with the women, His sufferings paid off because of the birth of a son, but with Him its the birth of many sons, when her son is born, she joys in seeing her seed, remember the words of Eve, the Mother of the Living when she said at the birth of seth Gen 4:25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

So Jesus sees the births of His sons, His seed, which speaks of the New Birth 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

beloved57

He is the Saviour of the Body !

He is the Saviour of the Body !

Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

In order for Christ to be our Saviour, He must fisrt of all have been Our Head, and so in order for Him to be the Saviour unto Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

For this to be True, He would have to be Head of Israel Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins !

He shall save His People from their Sins !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It could not be stated any clearer or plainer in this verse informing us whom Christ came to and shall save from their sins , by His Redeeming and Saving Death, its the World of His People !

Realize His People are particulars and the word world means , the greek word kosmos :

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

The word aggregate means:

formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: assemblage of particulars

A assemblage :

a number of things or persons assembled together; collection; assembly

Now what is Christ's Church ? Its the word ekklēsia and means:

I.
a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
A.
an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating

B.
the assembly of the Israelites

C.
any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously

D.
in a Christian sense
i.
an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

ii.
a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake

iii.
those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body

iv.
the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth

v.
the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

This enlightens us on How the Church is the World that Christ Loved Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Understand, the Church is the World of His People Matt 1:21 that He shall save from their sins.

Now, His People in Matt 1:21, are they ethnic jews ? Absolutely NOT ! His People are clearly defined here as those He foreknew Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Thats an clarification of who His People are that we would be wise not to overlook !

Now this word foreknow is the greek proginōskō made up of Two Gk words , the prep pro meaning:

I.before, and the greek word ginōskō and means:

I.
to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel
A.
to become known

II.
to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of
A.
to understand

B.
to know

III.
Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

IV.
to become acquainted with, to know

Its an knowing of intimacy and affection as it is when He says He knows His Sheep Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Loved them because He laid down His Life for them Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 2

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 2

In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

Now we know that all men without exception are not those which belong to those He knew beforehand, simply because He shall shall say to many in that Day of Judgment this Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So how could they be of these Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The same word for knew is used here as in Matt 7:23, its the word ginōskō.

Now if Jesus says He NEVER [NOT AT ANY TIME] KNEW THEM then its obvious they could not have been any He came to save Matt 1:21 !

Neither were all ethnic jews of His Foreknown People, His People which is obvious from Rom 11:2 and also from Jn 10:14 where it is written Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know[ginōskō] my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus knew His Sheep, but yet speaking to ethnic jews of national israel here, He emphatically stattes to unbelieving ethnic jews Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep[That He foreknew Vs 14], as I said unto you.

Which stands to reason they are of those Jesus spake of here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you[as My Sheep Vs 14 and those I foreknew Rom 11:2]: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore they could not have been His People that He was promised to save Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[He foreknew Rom 11:2] from their sins.

To foreknow simply means that He knew them beforehand as His Sheep or People Ps 100:3

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

It has nothing to do with ethnicity, the flesh profits nothing, it had nothing to do with His Omniscience, for in that sense He knows everyone even those That He never foreknew !

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 3

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 3

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Its not a doubt that Jesus here shall save His People from their sins ! In doing He does the following Ezk 36:24-29

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

He finds His People like this, dead in sin Ezk 16:6,8-9

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

This is basically what Paul writes in the New Testament Eph 2:4-5

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

beloved57

He calls sinners to repentance !

He calls sinners to repentance !

Matt 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

This Call is part of His Saving His People from their sins. One of the features of How Christ saves a sinner is Calling them to repentance, which Call is not Just a call but the call effects or produces Repentance. Now this is something religionist will not understand or acknowledge, However Jesus actually Calls sinners into repentance. Remember Paul on the Damascus Road, Christ called him, this calling of Paul then produced in him a change of mind Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Read the account in Acts 9:1-6 and see how at Paul's call by Christ, that he was given a change of mind about Christ !

The textus receptus translates Matt 9:13

πορευθέντες δὲ μάθετε τί ἐστιν Ἕλεον θέλω καὶ οὐ θυσίαν οὐ γὰρ ἦλθον καλέσαι δικαίους ἀλλ᾽ ἁμαρτωλοὺς εἰς μετάνοιαν

Now Christ is saying, that He did not come to call the Righteous, but rather He did come to call sinners to repentance, or a change of Mind, thats what repentance is. Now the word to eis is a prep that means:

I.into, unto, to, towards, for, among

And its primary is "entrance into " as entering into a place ! Jesus calls sinners, sinners that He calls, into repentance, for He as their Saviour gives it to them at the same time Acts 5:31; 11:18

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Understand, the giving or granting of repentance actually produces repentance, it results in repentance !

Religionists believe that Jesus merely gives all men a chance to repent, or that His call merely provides an opportunity to repent only if we would take heed and comply with the call, but that is not Christ calling or giving repentance. As their Sheperd He goes out and finds each Lost Sheep and gives it a change of mind or repentance, again lets look at Lk 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Notice the culminating result of the activity of the Sheperd, He finds the Lost sinner sheep, puts it on His shoulders, because He found His Lost sinner sheep, and Vs 7 expalins that it was this success of the Shepherd finding the lost sinner sheep that it can be said " one sinner that repenteth "

By the activity of the Shepehrd the sinner sheep was called into repentance. Jesus alludes to this also in Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Thats the calling and giving a sinner to repentance ! The same word call in Matt 9:13 kaleō is the same exact word John uses in Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

The Leading them out is the giving them repentance !

Last edited:

beloved57

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 4

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 4

If you believe in this Jesus, then you must believe that He came to save only One People from their sins, His People !

Here is His People Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats His People, the Children of Israel, no others are His People, none other are a People near unto Him !

None other has the Promise to be saved in the Lord with an Everlasting Salvation Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And Matt 1:21 answers and corresponds to that Promise !

The question is, just who is this Israel ? Or that Children of Israel of Ps 148:14 ?

Now many in mans religion believe that Israel here, His People, are the ethnic jews, but thats not who is meant by Israel. The Israel here is also called Saints Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats the Children of Israel which is being spoken of, the Saints !

That israel which is comprised of mere the physical descendants of Abraham, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are not His People, nor His Saints, nor near to Him !

No the Children of Israel that is spoken of are the Saints Chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the World ! Paul writes to them Eph 1:1,4

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word Chosen is in the aorist middle, which means He chose them for Himself, so they are near to Him !

They are His Inheritance the Saints Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And instead of this Children of Israel being the natural physical descendants of Abraham, its a Spiritual People Chosen out of every Kindred, Tongue and Nation, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb Lk 1:68

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Deut 33:29

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

oatmeal

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Scripture could not be plainer than this, as to whom Jesus Christ was born to save from their sins, whom He is a Saviour to, His People !

Not the whole world of mankind, for many of them are not His People, but the devils children, the children of the wicked one Matt 13:38-39

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

The tare and the wheat are both by nature children of wrath, that is depraved, and sinful.

By nature you cannot tell the tare [children of the devil] and the wheat [ children of God by election] apart

notice vs

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Again, thats because the tare and the wheat are very similar in behaviour by nature, both are sinful.

Being a Sheep, or wheat, or Gods people, does not mean they are not as others, sinners by nature.

Jesus said of the tares, the enemy that sowed them was the devil.

Now these people whom Jesus is saying that the devil sowed them into the world, are not the people Christ came to save. He came to save these Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

He came to save the good seed, that He himself soweth, the Son of man.

The good seed is the elect as they stood in Adam in the beginning, remember after Adam was created, that He was pronounced very good, and He was said to be created in the image and likeness of God.

The Tares are the devils seed, remember when God told the Serpent [ the devil] that he had a seed ? Gen 3:15 so He [ the devil] is the enemy that sowed them.

For God never Loved those whom the devil sowed into the world, neither did Jesus come to save them from their sins, He did not give His life for the tares, the children of the wicked one. Show me a verse of scripture that declares that Jesus came to save them whom the devil sowed into the world !

In Jn 15:13 we read this:

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

The devil nor his children are His friends, neither is the elect by nature, but He is their friend because they had before the world began, chosen in Him.

Now who are the people Christ came to save from their sins ? Who was the friend of God ?

2 Chron 20:7

7Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?

The Seed of Abraham thy Friend !

Isa 41:8

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

James 2:23

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Hence, Jesus people whom He shall save from their sins, is the seed of Abraham, for it was for this people only that He came into flesh and blood and identified with

Heb 2:16

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham [His friend].

God, having foreknowledge, already knows who will choose to believe.

God, being wise, chooses those who will choose to believe to be His people

It is that simple.

Too simple for people to lazy and irresponsible to choose to believe.

Yes, this is absolutely relevant