Mass Shootings and Aspergers Linked in the Press

glorydaz

Very harsh words indeed. And quite unnecessarily so I should think. We all enjoy the freedom to express our opinions, yet, the chronic negativity of your pronouncements must get tiresome?

Everyone but me, right Bybee? :chuckle:

Get over yourself. You aren't the Queen you think you are. If you had a bit of guts, yourself, you would have told her what I did.

She created a thread to bait Trad, and YOU KNOW IT.

bybee

Everyone but me, right Bybee? :chuckle:

Get over yourself. You aren't the Queen you think you are. If you had a bit of guts, yourself, you would have told her what I did.

She created a thread to bait Trad, and YOU KNOW IT.

You are very misguided and extremely arrogant in your assumptions.
I'm telling you that you are a judgmental know it all!
She is free to create a thread of her choosing as are you or Trad.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We all enjoy the freedom to express our opinions, yet, the chronic negativity of your pronouncements must get tiresome?

As does your siding with people promoting evil. You do that one somebody rebukes wickedness.

bybee

As does your siding with people promoting evil. You do that one somebody rebukes wickedness.

How about when I seek to show Christian Love? Do you find that offensive?

I do rebuke the wickedness of judgmentalism.
God alone knows the heart.
I may show my love for people yet absolutely oppose wickedness.

glorydaz

How about when I seek to show Christian Love? Do you find that offensive?

I do rebuke the wickedness of judgmentalism.
God alone knows the heart.
I may show my love for people yet absolutely oppose wickedness.

Like this Christian love? Or was this a rebuke of this obvious wickedness on my part?

I'm looking....but I don't see where I came close to saying she wasn't free to voice her opinions. If the word "interesting" is an opinion, it's a very vague one.

Try not to jump too quick, Bybee. It's never been a good policy for you.

And your chronic sneering stance is unseemly for a Christian.

1PeaceMaker

I think if there is a medical or biological link it's important to identify it so it can be treated.

Social isolation puts any minority group type person at risk. Especially those who are picked on.

So we either change those who pick on them (i.e. address the bigotry) or we do something with these misfits to keep them away from everybody else who can't stand them. :)

That doesn't, however, mean that I endorse the belief that anyone with Asperger's is a ticking time bomb who will eventually detonate.

But imagine if that became a stereotype for AS people. I'm trying to help Trad see that. Stereotypes are hurtful. It's hard for someone who is empathy-challenged to understand that unless we can personalize the experience for them.

Also, I am always hesitant to accept that people who commit these crimes are mentally or biologically compromised.

Because I believe that ideas power everything, I tend to agree. But we know that people can display trends among types or groupings of people. For some it may seem easier to just ignore the root of the problem and throw the baby out with the bathwater. (...or just mail the whole tub to Africa.)

While some may be, there are also those who will use it to their advantage to get away with violent crimes, including murder.

Some may be, and would abuse the consideration we would give those who really need our consideration of their individual conditions, like we don't hold a person with Down's Syndrome to the same level of accountability for a reason.

Sometimes people aren't accountable for their actions. Even some people with AS who are on medications. For example, certain drugs that make people crazy... who's fault is that? I think the blame appears to fall to the professionals and drug manufacturers. A lot of people with AS are on benzos, for example.

Those drugs are responsible for psychotic breaks in a percentage of those on them, resulting in suicides and homicides or other forms of lesser violence.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Daily Mail has linked Aspergers and shootings, in it's report on the Oregon shooting, noting that the Sandy Hook shooter was also suffering from Autism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssault-rifle-THREE-pistols-used-massacre.html

"While there is no suggestion that Mercer's mental health problems led directly to his rampage, Adam Lanza, who killed 26 teachers and students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut in 2012 also had Asperger's."

Do you think that it's bigoted to single out Asperger's syndrome like this, seeing how it might affect the way people look at others who also have it?

I had addressed in another thread sometime ago that many of today's younger mass murderers have been on pharmaceutical drugs for various reasons.

List of 45 Mass Murders and Pharma Drugs they were on
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q12013/list-of-45-mass-murders-and-pharma-drugs-they-were-on/

Don't single out Asperger's, single out the medication that very well might have triggered the deadly attacks.

bybee

Like this Christian love? Or was this a rebuke of this obvious wickedness on my part?

You engage in unkindness. You lash about at any hint of disagreement without regard to the actual statements whilst twisting the words to imply a meaning not intended.
I do find that quite wicked.
You Have shown yourself to be ever ready with rebukes for others yet are above rebuke yourself.
You have much to learn and I pray that you do.

musterion

You engage in unkindness. You lash about at any hint of disagreement without regard to the actual statements whilst twisting the words to imply a meaning not intended.
I do find that quite wicked.
You Have shown yourself to be ever ready with rebukes for others yet are above rebuke yourself.
You have much to learn and I pray that you do.

Do you find JosephR's posts to be wicked? He never trusted Christ and now has fully renounced Him in favor of heathen idols...demons.

Yet, knowing that, the other day you called him your brother.

bybee

Do you find JosephR's posts to be wicked? He never trusted Christ and now has fully renounced Him in favor of heathen idols...demons.

Yet, knowing that, the other day you called him your brother.

He is my Brother. Jesus says so. There is hope that he may come to Christ so long as he is not abandoned.
You and others like you do not need me and reject me.
But, I seek to follow in the good Samaritan's footsteps. I seek to be as St. Martin.
It is God's Love that saves us through the action on the cross.
Love will accomplish what all of the negativity and judgment will not.
Either I am a vessel of God's love or I am not being true to my calling.