ECT MADists don't follow Paul

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Do you read your own posts?

Yes, but you presume I am of the same foul spirit you are of. I actually use the great plainness of speech Paul was referring to, while you despise it and assume it's the same as your ignorant and malicious arrogance of self-righteousness.

You don't know what you don't know. And love abounds in knowledge. You presume I'm loveless as you are, because you don't know the meaning of love (especially as an anarthrous noun).

You see hypocrisy because of your own double standards that you're oblivious to.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I take it you will not be inviting PPS to Morelli's, saint john?

Yeah. He conveyed it. You haven't heard it. Hearing in Romans 10:17 is a noun, not a verb.

You don't even know the English translation. So don't blame God for your ignorance.

Love abounds in knowledge. That's English from the KJV.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Your refusal to explain the gospel as simply as possible is telling.

I haven't refused anything. I have to get some things done. But conversation is pointless anyway. You guys all think you already know everything, when you barely know anything and most of it is wrong by degree or outright.

You don't know the Gospel, so you'll say "Oh" and then add a series of sarcastic posts with your little crew.

If you're saved, you don't need to hear the Gospel. If you aren't, read Romans and Galatians and the rest of Paul's general epistles.

john w

Hall of Fame
Matthew 24:14 KJV And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Hey, Jeff "the" Geek-will the whole world be speaking/understanding one language, or speaking/understanding "the Greek," when this gospel of the kingdom is eventually preached in all the world, to all nations?

Hmmmmphhhh..................

Shazam, Mayor STP...

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 24:14 KJV And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Hey, Jeff "the" Geek-will the whole world be speaking/understanding one language, or speaking/understanding "the Greek," when this gospel of the kingdom is eventually preached in all the world, to all nations?

Hmmmmphhhh..................

Shazam, Mayor STP...

They will need to take a course in the ontological nuances of "the greek" first, saint john.

john w

Hall of Fame
They will need to take a course in the ontological nuances of "the greek" first, saint john.

Stuff pseudo "scholars," like Jeff the Geek,Mayor.....The only "thin'" the LORD requires, to be able to understand, and believe the book, is a humble spirit, like I have, Mayor, and a contrite heart, which I also have. Just ask me.

john w

Hall of Fame
Does Morelli's have Greek Yogurt for dessert, saint john?

Well, Mayor, at my most recent visit to the "Gyros Are Us" restaurant, the moody gypsy waiter hands me the menu, and I quip, "Can you recommend something. This menu’s all greek to me."

Aletheiophile

Stuff pseudo "scholars," like Jeff the Geek,Mayor.....The only "thin'" the LORD requires, to be able to understand, and believe the book, is a humble spirit, like I have, Mayor, and a contrite heart, which I also have. Just ask me.

Anglo-centric logical fallacy. Without the resurgence of Greek studies we would still be Catholic. Knowledge of the Greek is vital for proper theology, as demonstrated by the great reformers. Or would you still like to be doing penance and paying indulgences? PPS isn't arguing that you have to be a Greek scholar, but only to access what Greek scholars have made accessible.

As a language scholar in both secular and religious fields, you cannot sufficiently understand a text in translation. Any text in translation. Shouldn't we approach scripture that much more reverently? That is not to say that the English translation cannot distribute the Gospel, but when it comes to the depths of theology, Greek is required.

john w

Hall of Fame
Anglo-centric logical fallacy. Without the resurgence of Greek studies we would still be Catholic. Knowledge of the Greek is vital for proper theology, as demonstrated by the great reformers. Or would you still like to be doing penance and paying indulgences? PPS isn't arguing that you have to be a Greek scholar, but only to access what Greek scholars have made accessible.

As a language scholar in both secular and religious fields, you cannot sufficiently understand a text in translation. Any text in translation. Shouldn't we approach scripture that much more reverently? That is not to say that the English translation cannot distribute the Gospel, but when it comes to the depths of theology, Greek is required.

You made that up. Nice assert that the LORD God is an impotent, incompetent fool, like yourself, so powerful, that He created the universe, warms the heart of a mother, from the smile of her little one, walks on water, calms the storms/sea, raises the dead...................................................................but just could not seem to be able to convey his scripture in different languages, even though he created languages.........

Sit, boo, boo...your "intellectual" jazz bores us, as you are as puffed up as a Greek bullfrog, in heat......seen it before.....standard fare....

john w

Hall of Fame
You don't know the Gospel, so.........

You mean "the" good news/"the Gospel," , that your saint Judas preached, Jeff? Tell us what this "the Gospel" is, sport, and go on record, and assert that Judas preached the contents of this "the Gospel." Go ahead-we are all busy men, and women, here.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How can someone with a sixth grade education be saved?
This is important. The world is full of dummies.

Break down the bare essentials of the gospel for us...
In this, the due time when God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth; these men have no good news. It's pathetic!

Aletheiophile

You made that up. Nice assert that the LORD God is an impotent, incompetent fool, like yourself, so powerful, that He created the universe, warms the heart of a mother, from the smile of her little one, walks on water, calms the storms/sea, raises the dead...................................................................but just could not seem to be able to convey his scripture in different languages, even though he created languages.........

Sit, boo, boo...your "intellectual" jazz bores us, as you are as puffed up as a Greek bullfrog, in heat......seen it before.....standard fare....

Of course God is not impotent or incompetent...that's why His majesty is so beautifully expressed in the Greek and the Hebrew. Even the English! But the English of the KJV is not our English, and thus even the English is misunderstood. If you can't even understand that the KJV was trying to faithfully represent the Greek. Our forefathers argued about the importance of philology as the handmaiden of theology, and fought for proper understanding of the Greek and Hebrew. Their theology was language based. ...And now people are trying to argue that they don't need the Greek or Hebrew that the tradition is founded on? God chose Greek for a reason.

The issue of English is not about the threshold of salvation, but about the depth of salvations. Pastors and leaders are supposed to be versed in the Greek and Hebrew, to keep their congregations from heresy. But that has been lost especially in the past two centuries of the church. That is the problem. Not that individuals are not accessing the Greek, but that church leadership has lost the Greek.

But if you lot do not like intellectuals, then you would not like Paul, for he was an intellectual of intellectuals. Runner-up to Gamaliel, had the entirity of scripture memorized, and spoke several languages. Hm, that must prove the point of this thread: That MADists do not understand Paul.