ECT MAD interp flaw

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everyone claims the same mystical pray about it.

But the prayer aspect is not for that.

It is merely about approaching His Word with reverence.

In othe other words; about being willing to allow the Word to teach; regardless of where that ends up.

Whether it proves us wrong; or teaches us, and or reveals to us we could stand a bit more time in the Word, and so on.

And that is only part of it.

Principles for how to get out of (exegete) the Word what God has put in the Word towards our "instruction in righteousness" through its' "doctrine" or teaching; "reproof" of any of our behaviour not in line with said doctrine, or teaching; and or "correction" of those of our beliefs not in line with said doctrine, or teaching.

And it does not end there.

The reverence towards His Word on any issue is to continue when ever anyone points out a thing to us for our consideration.

In this there is no room for taking personal offense. None...

Acts 17:5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. 17:6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also; 17:7 Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus. 17:8 And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things. 17:9 And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go. 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

This is Mid-Acts Grace...

You're too "Wordy" for me. Make mine simple and to the point. A guy could strain his eyes trying to read one of your posts. You pray the way you want and I'll pray the way I want and I'll be in Scotland before ya.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Or Peter....

Acts 2

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

WOW!!!
Where's the good news of your salvation in Acts 2? Where does Peter preach that "Christ died for our sins". He doesn't!

Are you guilty of murder (Acts 2:22-23 KJV, Acts 3:12-15 KJV)?

The answer is no: (Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

Why did God raise up Christ where you are concerned, was it to sit on David's throne (Acts 2:30 KJV) or for your justification (Romans 4:25 KJV)?

Consider what Paul says, and the Lord give thee understanding in all things!

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Interplanner

Where's the good news of your salvation in Acts 2? Where does Peter preach that "Christ died for our sins". He doesn't!

Are you guilty of murder (Acts 2:22-23 KJV, Acts 3:12-15 KJV)?

The answer is no: (Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

Why did God raise up Christ where you are concerned, was it to sit on David's throne (Acts 2:30 KJV) or for your justification (Romans 4:25 KJV)?

Consider what Paul says, and the Lord give thee understanding in all things!

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

The sermon was for the forgiveness of sins through Christ, even though they were the perps of that! Since it is efficacious for that, what would it not be good for?

Thanks for the reminder of 2 Tim 2:8--the Seed of David was raised from the dead and that is a component of Paul's Gospel. That's how we know the matter of the David theme is not what it used to be. It was resolved and fulfilled in Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The sermon was for the forgiveness of sins through Christ, even though they were the perps of that! Since it is efficacious for that, what would it not be good for?

Thanks for the reminder of 2 Tim 2:8--the Seed of David was raised from the dead and that is a component of Paul's Gospel. That's how we know the matter of the David theme is not what it used to be. It was resolved and fulfilled in Christ.

Then, you believe that GOD altered His promise to David. Right?

Danoh

Nope; that is your reading into that passage.

Timothy was going through a great time of anxiety for standing for Paul's gospel.

Paul is merely reminding him once more that his gospel was given him (Paul) by the same Prophesied Jesus Who Timothy had heard of all his life.

Same "Jesus Christ" - "of the seed of David" - but "according to" Paul's "God" given "gospel...concerning Christ" - "the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..."

Several times in 1st and 2nd Timothy; he reminds him of his roots "from a child..."