ECT MAD interp flaw

Interplanner

Nope; that is your reading into that passage.

Timothy was going through a great time of anxiety for standing for Paul's gospel.

Paul is merely reminding him once more that his gospel was given him (Paul) by the same Prophesied Jesus Who Timothy had heard of all his life.

Same "Jesus Christ" - "of the seed of David" - but "according to" Paul's "God" given "gospel...concerning Christ" - "the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..."

Several times in 1st and 2nd Timothy; he reminds him of his roots "from a child..."

You are so dense Danoh: the INTENSE TROUBLE FOR TIMOTHY WAS THAT CHRIST WAS THE SEED OF ABRAHAM AND DAVID, not what the neo-Judaism of that area had cooked up with their direct visions from angels.

"David served God's purpose in his generation" (Acts 13) --a theocracy, got it? That was not the purpose of the Seed of David all over again in the 1st century. The purpose for raising David's fallen tent was the mission to the nations.

Every time you do this, all I hear is the 2P2P of D'ism trying to show someplace, when it was long outgrown. You need to measure or stack up to Gal 3-4 on the child-trainer age or just quit. I'm sick of D'ists who don't know enough about that so they keep trying to find ways for the prophesies to be literally true so that a 2nd P can happen because they don't know the divine maturation structure of Israel's history.

Danoh

You are so dense Danoh: the INTENSE TROUBLE FOR TIMOTHY WAS THAT CHRIST WAS THE SEED OF ABRAHAM AND DAVID, not what the neo-Judaism of that area had cooked up with their direct visions from angels.

"David served God's purpose in his generation" (Acts 13) --a theocracy, got it? That was not the purpose of the Seed of David all over again in the 1st century. The purpose for raising David's fallen tent was the mission to the nations.

Every time you do this, all I hear is the 2P2P of D'ism trying to show someplace, when it was long outgrown. You need to measure or stack up to Gal 3-4 on the child-trainer age or just quit. I'm sick of D'ists who don't know enough about that so they keep trying to find ways for the prophesies to be literally true so that a 2nd P can happen because they don't know the divine maturation structure of Israel's history.

:rotfl: I just love that I may have riled you up...

So bring on the labels, in your frustration at my words, my brother in the Lord - just one opportunity to glory in my infirmities in Him Who ALONE IS THEE Issue :)

Grace MAD - O what freedom from the bondage of the fleshly mind's nonsense - YES!!!

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

That is our liberty, bro, as members of His Body WITH Him IN Him...

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

So, take a chill pill; when you find yourself frustrated by my supposed "denseness."

All in the day's "mission" ya know :chuckle:

As one Grace MAD Evangelist, now with the Lord, often used to put "what would anyone who knows the Lord have to be frustrated about; depressed about - what?"

My hope is in the Lord,
Who gave His life for me.
That I might have His righteousness,
At Calvary :)

Til our next spitball fight, bro, lol

Interplanner

:rotfl: I just love that I may have riled you up...

So bring on the labels, in your frustration at my words, my brother in the Lord - just one opportunity to glory in my infirmities in Him Who ALONE IS THEE Issue :)

Grace MAD - O what freedom from the bondage of the fleshly mind's nonsense - YES!!!

Romans 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

That is our liberty, bro, as members of His Body WITH Him IN Him...

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

So, take a chill pill; when you find yourself frustrated by my supposed "denseness."

All in the day's "mission" ya know :chuckle:

As one Grace MAD Evangelist, now with the Lord, often used to put "what would anyone who knows the Lord have to be frustrated about; depressed about - what?"

My hope is in the Lord,
Who gave His life for me.
That I might have His righteousness,
At Calvary :)

Til our next spitball fight, bro, lol

He wouldn't because he thought 2P2P was true!

SaulToPaul 2

I'm sick of D'ists who don't know enough about that so they keep trying to find ways for the prophesies to be literally true so that a 2nd P can happen because they don't know the divine maturation structure of Israel's history.

I am sick of your kind who will not believe, sit back, and let God bring his word to pass.

Become a believer, not an interpreter, not a skeptic.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The sermon was for the forgiveness of sins through Christ, even though they were the perps of that! Since it is efficacious for that, what would it not be good for?
Peter's preaching at Pentecost had everything to do with a murder indictment and what they (all the house of Israel) had to DO for the remission of sins after murdering their Messiah (Acts 2:36-38 KJV) looking forward that their sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the gospel of YOUR salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)! That is not what Paul preaches TO us! We are forgiven all trespasses NOW (Colossians 2:13 KJV)! We have NOW received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV!)
Thanks for the reminder of 2 Tim 2:8--the Seed of David was raised from the dead and that is a component of Paul's Gospel. That's how we know the matter of the David theme is not what it used to be. It was resolved and fulfilled in Christ.
You missed the point of the passage. Paul doesn't preach that the Lord was raised from the dead to sit on David's throne as Peter (Acts 2:30 KJV), but for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). You're to consider what Paul says and to remember that, but just as all the other religionists, you ignore it.

Danoh

Most get their works based salvation understanding through the error of attempting to understand soteriology through eschatology.

As with SOME others on TOL, THAT is NOT Interplanner.

THEY apparantly understand both as two DIFFERENT issues.

It is why THEY are often much clearer on the Cross having paid the sin debt; then THEY are on the eschatology within which said event took place.

Saved, but confused...

Interplanner

Peter's preaching at Pentecost had everything to do with a murder indictment and what they (all the house of Israel) had to DO for the remission of sins after murdering their Messiah (Acts 2:36-38 KJV) looking forward that their sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the gospel of YOUR salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV)! That is not what Paul preaches TO us! We are forgiven all trespasses NOW (Colossians 2:13 KJV)! We have NOW received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV!)
You missed the point of the passage. Paul doesn't preach that the Lord was raised from the dead to sit on David's throne as Peter (Acts 2:30 KJV), but for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). You're to consider what Paul says and to remember that, but just as all the other religionists, you ignore it.

The times of refreshing was through the Spirit who is given through Christ and his Gospel. That is why Paul was hopping mad in Gal 3 when the law was offered to be used all over again. The Spirit comes and works through the Gospel, and that is the times of refreshing told by the prophets.

Interplanner

Religionist? All I teach is God was in Christ reconciling the debt of sin. Religionists would be scared silly to mention any of that.

Interplanner

anyway, why would you preach that passionately to those people when it applied to X000 years in the future? It is not the case. The refreshing was the Spirit and was available to those who believed and followed.

Interplanner

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Steko,
the promises to David were given to Christ and his mission . There is no mistake that David is mentioned in Acts 13 and David's tent for the nations in 15. Come on, put 2 and 2 together.

The altering is LIVING. The temple was not the sorry structure after the exile, nor the corrupt massif of Herod! It was Christ, as the Rev says.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually, IP believes that was not the promise.

Just a sophisticated way to not believe GOD.

Not the same as believing God changed His promise; but still off base :chuckle:

Anyone who doesn't believe this, believes that GOD altered His promise:

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:......

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

2Sa 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

1Ki 1:34 And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God save king Solomon.
1Ki 1:35 Then ye shall come up after him, that he may come and sit upon my throne; for he shall be king in my stead: and I have appointed him to be ruler over Israel and over Judah.

1Ki 2:12 Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
Psa 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Psa 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David,

Jer 33:20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Jer 33:21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Interplanner

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:......

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

2Sa 7:16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

1Ki 1:34 And let Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him there king over Israel: and blow ye with the trumpet, and say, God save king Solomon.
1Ki 1:35 Then ye shall come up after him, that he may come and sit upon my throne; for he shall be king in my stead: and I have appointed him to be ruler over Israel and over Judah.

Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Psa 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isa 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David,

Jer 33:20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Jer 33:21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Very colorful Steko, but didn't you know that Acts 15 was about how the mission to the nations was going? That's what it is all about, my friend.

Danoh

Finally, a MAD at a level of understanding where he is able to correct me - well it's about time :thumb:

Anytime, bro; anytime - and publicly.

I mean that.

For we are NOT the issue.

:)