ECT MAD fails on the gift and age of the Spirit

TweetyBird

Clueless. Slower...

You cannot comprehend simple English, ignoring the words of the text:

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

"help me"-Get it? She was asking the Lord for help.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Read it-Him-"But"......His reason for not helping her- not to take the children's food, i.e., Israel's blessings, and give it to Gentiles, "the dogs," referring to her as in that class.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Her agreement, and also acknowledgment, that she was classified as a dog.

"yet"

Sit, spin master, clueless one.

You are resisting the truth. Jesus was using how the Jews felt about the Gentiles as a less than subspecies. She knew that - was concerned that Jesus would reject her based on the fact that He was a Jew. He used the ANALOGY to test her faith and when she said - even the dogs get crumbs from the table, she was confessing her belief in Him and to heal her daughter. Jesus was not calling her a dog. He did not go around calling people who sought Him with all their hearts, derogatory names.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are resisting the truth. Jesus was using how the Jews felt about the Gentiles as a less than subspecies. She knew that - was concerned that Jesus would reject her based on the fact that He was a Jew. He used the ANALOGY to test her faith and when she said - even the dogs get crumbs from the table, she was confessing her belief in Him and to heal her daughter. Jesus was not calling her a dog. He did not go around calling people who sought Him with all their hearts, derogatory names.

You just copied and pasted that from Barnes commentary....and are spinning it.

Made up. Even slower, ignorant one:

Clueless. Slower...

You cannot comprehend simple English, ignoring the words of the text:

Matthew 15 KJV
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

"help me"-Get it? She was asking the Lord for help.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Read it-Him-"But"......His reason for not helping her- not to take the children's food, i.e., Israel's blessings, and give it to Gentiles, "the dogs," referring to her as in that class.

27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Her agreement, and also acknowledgment, that she was classified as a dog-"the dogs," her, "eat......"

"yet"

"Jesus was not calling her a dog."=you are drunk, dirty bird.

No other option.

Sit, spin master, clueless one. You have been shown. A 3 year old can understand this.

john w

Hall of Fame
. He did not go around calling people who sought Him with all their hearts, derogatory names.

Translated:

- "Jesus," whom you disrespect, did not say....
Matthew 10 KJV

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

-Paul did not say:

Romans 15:8 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

TweetyBird

What are you basing your assertion on?

How do you know for certain that your take on that is sound?

Acts 11
2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, 3 saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. 4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, 5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: 6 upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. 7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. 8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. 9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Cæsarea unto me. 12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house: 13 and he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

TweetyBird

Matthew 15:24 KJV But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Isa 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Isa 66:12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

Isa 66:19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentile

Isa 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Amo 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. 10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us. 11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: 12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

Mat 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Mat 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
Mat 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are resisting the truth.

Stumped me with that debate closer.

He used the ANALOGY to test her faith and when she said - even the dogs get crumbs from the table, she was confessing her belief in Him and to heal her daughter.

Oh. We did not know that he was not literally calling her a dog, but was employing an analogy. Please teach us. Please?

Yes, he was testing her faith-read my post. But that is not equivalent to asserting that Gentiles were not considered "dogs." They were. That hurts your feelings....Poor you....Accept it,humanist.

Jesus was not calling her a dog.

Yes, he was.

He did not go around calling people who sought Him with all their hearts, derogatory names.

=You cannot understand it, so He did not. Athesists employ that line of "reasoning" to dismiss the concept of hell.

Sit.

john w

Hall of Fame
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Isa 61:9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.

Isa 66:12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

Isa 66:19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentile

Isa 52:10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Zec 2:11 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Amo 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. 10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us. 11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: 12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

Mat 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
Mat 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

Translated: Just spam verses, and, presto, think, "I showed him!!!"

Those "other sheep" are not Gentiles, you clueless clown.

You-it all says the same thing....out with.....

And John 10:16 KJV is a promise for the future, rummy-prophesy. The Lord Jesus Christ, on earth....Mt. 15:24 KJV ....................

TweetyBird

Translated: Just spam verses, and, presto, think, "I showed him!!!"

Those "other sheep" are not Gentiles, you clueless clown.

You-it all says the same thing....out with.....

And John 10:16 KJV is a promise for the future, rummy-prophesy. The Lord Jesus Christ, on earth....Mt. 15:24 KJV ....................

The Donald Trump of TOL speaks. Are we impressed? Nope.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The prophets pretty much uniformly said that when Messiah comes, the Spirit of God would be active on earth--"poured out on all flesh."

MAD is successful in spreading the gospel that was delivered to Paul - the gospel of grace in this current dispensation

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV -

john w

Hall of Fame
The Donald Trump of TOL speaks. Are we impressed? Nope.

That is Saint The Donald Trump of TOL-show some respect, Heckel of Jeckel.

The classic dirty bird teaching lesson:

He used the ANALOGY to test her faith and when she said - even the dogs get crumbs from the table, she was confessing her belief in Him and to heal her daughter.
Oh. We did not know that he was not literally calling her a dog, but was employing an analogy.

Again......Please teach us. Please?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Good post.

Madists reject these verses and the one who inspired them to be written.

LA