ECT Lust

elohiym

If you ever think to commit adultery, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin. The wages of any sin is spiritual death. Do you need a government to stop you from committing adultery when God's punishment is instant and more severe? Hopefully you don't think eternal death is a lighter punishment than execution or a beating.

You're still under the Law. I've never seen you admit it that boldly. How interesting. :think:

Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In other words, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin because you are already an adulterer.

:doh: Then you can't claim I'm still under the law based on that statement since you agree ("Yep") with my interpretation. Flip flop ... again.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In other words, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin because you are already an adulterer.

That's not really what's meant to be gained from that teaching- that looking upon another women with a sexual thought is adultery.

Jesus is teaching along the lines of controlling one's thoughts, because thoughts can betray the heart.

elohiym

That's not really what's meant to be gained from that teaching- that looking upon another women with a sexual thought is adultery.

:doh: Was a person dead in sin (wages of sin) at time for adultery, or not?

Jesus is teaching one to control their thoughts...

No. Impossible.

"... because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so..." Romans 8:7.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:doh: Was a person dead in sin (wages of sin) at time for adultery, or not?

No. Impossible.

"... because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so..." Romans 8:7.

Taking things too legally and literally.

Everybody looks upon another at some point in time with lust in their mind, both men and women.
It is inevitable human nature.

elohiym

Taking things too legally and literally.

Legally like, "control their thoughts?"

You seriously don't understand that people were literally spiritually dead in sin when Jesus spoke the words of Matthew 5:28?

Everybody looks upon another at some point in time with lust in their mind, both men and women.
It is inevitable human nature.

Total depravity is a false doctrine of Calvinism.

ClimateSanity

Jesus is teaching along the lines of controlling one's thoughts, because thoughts can betray the heart.

Thoughts can take you in many directions if you don't show em who's boss. I try to keep my goals in mind every time my thoughts go astray. I'm not talking one goal; I'm talking multiple goals in many areas. Keep your thoughts organized. Recognize where any random thought fits on your blueprint of life. If they start straying far and you feel stress, its time for the right kinds of music. It always is a great place to totally escape this world drug free and remain conscious of your surroundings.

glorydaz

You have already claimed numerous times I'm not a Christians for far more trivial reasons than murder.

What have I done that disqualifies me as a Christian, if you agree with Clete?

It's never been about what you've done. It's always been about what you say. It's your inability to understand the simplest truths of God's word.

glorydaz

According to you I'm free to murder the unborn without eternal consequence, so who cares about your silly alleged point.

According to you you're free to lust without eternal consequence, so all you are doing is claiming you are morally superior to me.

As I said, you're under the law. And it will do nothing but condemn you. I've merely been pointing out that it does condemn you, and all your attempts to claim lust doesn't really mean lust is how you try to escape the consequences of the law.

Neither am I claiming I'm morally superior to you....my "righteousnesss" counts for no more than yours does.

NO ONE will be found IN HIM because their own righteousness merits their being there. You haven't figured that out yet.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

glorydaz

:doh: Then you can't claim I'm still under the law based on that statement since you agree ("Yep") with my interpretation. Flip flop ... again.
I told you that you don't get it....and you prove it once again.

You are still under the law, but you just try to change the rules so you can avoid having the law condemn you.

The reason our Lord said what He did in Matt. 5 was to show men that every thought of their heart would convict them....the law finds men guilty. Like many, you think you can tweak the law in certain ways so that you can claim to obey it. You say you can look at another woman, and even be aroused without it being adultery. You can't tweak the law. It finds you guilty.

Your only hope is to admit you are not perfect, as our Father in Heaven is perfect, and turn to Him for His mercy and grace. The law is only there until faith comes. Faith has not yet come for you, so you're messing with the law hoping to skate by without being noticed. All workers are forced to do what you do....you just are bolder than most.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You are still under the law, but you just try to change the rules so you can avoid having the law condemn you.

The reason our Lord said what He did in Matt. 5 was to show men that every thought of their heart would convict them....the law finds men guilty. Like many, you think you can tweak the law in certain ways so that you can claim to obey it. You say you can look at another woman, and even be aroused without it being adultery. You can't tweak the law. It finds you guilty.

Your only hope is to admit you are not perfect, as our Father in Heaven is perfect, and turn to Him for His mercy and grace. The law is only there until faith comes. Faith has not yet come for you, so you're messing with the law hoping to skate by without being noticed. All workers are forced to do what you do....you just are bolder than most.

Good post Sister.

ClimateSanity

It's easy to be sinless when nothing is a sin anymore. This is why his theology was appealing to me for the longest time. The other reason is that there are some really horrible people out there who claim to be saved because they have been forgiven all sins already. This also made his theology appealing.

You can't tweak the law, it finds you guilty....indeed.

ClimateSanity

Elo will face the judgement and say he perfectly kept the commandments . God will tell him that he did not and that he was not fooling him with nonsense like lust isn't really lust.

glorydaz

It's easy to be sinless when nothing is a sin anymore. This is why his theology was appealing to me for the longest time. The other reason is that there are some really horrible people out there who claim to be saved because they have been forgiven all sins already. This also made his theology appealing.

You can't tweak the law, it finds you guilty....indeed.

It looks like Elo has really confused you, and I'm not surprised. He has some really odd beliefs.

The only way to get out from under the condemnation of the law is not to tweak it as Elo tries to do, but to be totally delivered from it.

So, you should know that those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ are saved and have been forgiven of ALL THEIR SINS. They are no longer under the law for righteousness.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​

I would encourage you to spend some time in threads that address the righteousness of faith, you will see the liberty we have IN CHRIST Jesus is not what you might have assumed.

glorydaz

Elo will face the judgement and say he perfectly kept the commandments . God will tell him that he did not and that he was not fooling him with nonsense like lust isn't really lust.

Elo is like the Jews. They went about trying to establish their own righteousness....they hoped by keeping the letter of the law, they didn't have to worry about what was in their heart. Elo tries to tweak the law to make it say what he wants so he can claim he's keeping it perfectly. Not much difference, really. Either way, it's not what God accepts.

Romans 10
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​