ECT Lust

elohiym

Do you covet anything?

Lots of things ...

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.…

... but if I'm aroused by someone not my husband I admit my fault and stop looking. I don't claim it's perfectly fine.

Do you confess to adultery based on Matthew 5:28 when you admit your fault?

glorydaz

So you admit your fault ? you say "hey hubby, that man aroused me, I'll stop looking now" ?

I realize you want something salacious, but you won't find it here.
I learned long ago that it's easy to avoid those things by turning from them.

Since I have no problem turning away, I have no need to claim there's nothing wrong with being aroused by looking (lusting) at someone who is not my spouse.....as Elo is trying to do.

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 5:9-11 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.…

I see you're as mixed up about the word "covet" as you are about lust and adultery. :chuckle:

1 Corinthians 12:31
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 14:39
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.​

I do covet many things...I covet the prayers of the true brethren, I covet a clearer understanding of the scriptures, I covet the Lord's hand on my loved ones as they travel through this world.

I have no need to confess to adultery. Nor have I had any need to admit fault in that area. I'm not the one who thinks he can be aroused when he looks at another woman without any fault.

glorydaz

1 Timothy 2:12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

Next time try discussing the topic.

:mock: Elo HIM

There is no male or female in Christ Jesus, and we are not in a church, and you have no authority that can be usurped.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

It is not adultery by merely looking.
That's obvious

elohiym

If you ever think to commit adultery, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin. The wages of any sin is spiritual death. Do you need a government to stop you from committing adultery when God's punishment is instant and more severe? Hopefully you don't think eternal death is a lighter punishment than execution or a beating.

You're still under the Law. I've never seen you admit it that boldly. How interesting. :think:

Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In other words, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin because you are already an adulterer.

elohiym

What kind of a stupid question is this?

It's not when you consider a woman stealing another woman's husband for his money without being attracted to him isn't just coveting the money but also necessarily coveting the husband to get the money, which is adultery in thought.

glorydaz

Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In other words, the moment you think it, before you even act on the thought, you will be dead in sin because you are already an adulterer.

Yep. Looks with lust....the evidence of which is arousal, and that's what you have said you are free to do.

glorydaz

It's not when you consider a woman stealing another woman's husband for his money without being attracted to him isn't just coveting the money but also necessarily coveting the husband to get the money, which is adultery in thought.

Nonsense.

elohiym

Of course. That doesn't mean there will be no consequences in this life.

You have already claimed numerous times I'm not a Christians for far more trivial reasons than murder.

What have I done that disqualifies me as a Christian, if you agree with Clete?

elohiym

Yep. Looks with lust....the evidence of which is arousal, and that's what you have said you are free to do.

According to you I'm free to murder the unborn without eternal consequence, so who cares about your silly alleged point.

According to you you're free to lust without eternal consequence, so all you are doing is claiming you are morally superior to me.