Lost in Space

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you think of the new Robot, Tam?

I agree, I loved the original robot! His verbal sparring with Dr. Smith was hilarious!
Pretty cool looking.
A lot more menacing looking than the old one.

Thanks for the videos.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am guessing that Dr. Smith will be a lesbian.
The original series had a weird sexual tension between Penny and Dr. Smith, so Penny will probably be "bi-curious" and Dr. Smith will be right there to take advantage of her.
Sounds like a leftist dream come true.

The Berean

I'm actually excited about this new show. The visuals and special effects are stunning. We'll see if the show has the "heart" of the original show.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm actually excited about this new show. The visuals and special effects are stunning. We'll see if the show has the "heart" of the original show.
I just watched the 1st episode.
They've made just about every character different.

Dad
Portrayed as a caveman type, gung-ho, fly by the seat of your pants dare devil with military training, but not much book smarts.
Let's his emotions take over his brain and makes rash decisions.

Mom
The brains of the operation. The responsible, practical, analytical, boss in charge.
And has medical training as well.
She's also very unemotional and monotone in demeanor, and remains cool headed all the time.
She is supermom.

Robot
Not a robot at all, but an alien lifeform that crashed on the same planet as the Robinson family, and Will (who got lost) found the ship and helped the alien that was on the verge of death.
Now the Alien seems to be honor bound to Will.
This Alien is sooooooo cool!
He can shape-sift.
When Will first saw him, he looked like a big insect with six extremities (legs and arms), and then he shaped-shifted to look more man-like.
So i'm not sure what he's going to look like for the whole series.
And he has powers.

Will
Timid little scared geek that acts helpless and unsure of himself most of the time.
But is very inquisitive and likes to learn things, and will eventually talk himself into action even though he is afraid.
I think his new Alien friend is going to be just the ticket to give him confidence.

Judy
Judy is the golden child. Bright, intelligent, driven, warm personality, and succeeds at everything she does. (Which as Penny says "She's so perfect, it gets annoying".)
Has not been revealed yet why she is black.

West
Con man.
Street-wise survivor that will use any means, including theft, to get by.
Witty and charismatic charm.
But underneath it all he still has a caring heart.
Was not selected to be with colony mission, but gets on a ship anyway.
Almost steals one of the ships until the impostor Dr. Smith shows up, but they both end up taking the ship (neither of them were selected).

Dr. Smith
An impostor that steals the identity off of the real Dr. Smith during a ruckus while waiting to board one of the mission voyage ships, and takes his place on the ship.
The real Dr. Smith is a man, but this impostor is a woman.
She ends up on the same ship with West, which is a different ship than the one the Robinsons are on, so there has been no interaction between them and the Robinsons yet.
I assume their ship also crashed on the same planet, but has not been found yet.

Penny
The rule breaker.
Does whatever she feels is right at the time

The show starts with the 5 Robinson family members on their ship in space.
They are one of a convoy of ships headed to start a new colony on another planet.
You can tell almost immediately that there is a lot of tension between them, especially between mom and dad.
The show will have periods where it has flashbacks that show what happens before the mission.
It is revealed that mom and dad had been separated and mom had asked him to sign divorce papers.

Something else about the Alien.
This will be a spoiler if you have not seen episode 1 yet.
Spoiler
In one of the flashbacks, earth is being attacked.
Close to the loading dock of the colony ships, people are laying around hurt or dead (this is when the impostor takes the real Dr. Smith's identity and passport for the mission), and then you see alien creatures that are killing the people, and they look exactly like Will Robison's Alien friend.

So far, it is something I will continue to watch.
Mainly because of the same reason I watched the old show, because of the robot/Alien.
Don't know what they are gonna call the Alien, as they have not assigned any name to it yet.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I finished watching the 10 episodes of season 1.

It's worth the watch.
Still don't know the deal with the black Judy.
The only thing said about her parentage was that John Robinson is not her biological father.
So we still don't know if she was adopted or if she is the biological daughter of the mother Maureen by another man.

I like the way the show is showing both strengths and flaws in the characters, and how those strengths and flaws compliment one another to give balance.

It's a fast paced show with lots of action, and lots of new-found troubles they have to figure out how to deal with.
And lots of alien creatures and plants.

Still don't know the origin of the robot or what it is.
Seems to be mechanical at times, and other times seems to have it's own lifeforce.
But he's not the only one of his kind.
His movements remind me of Robocop with a little bit of Transformer in the mix.