London knife attack

badp

There is a need for them which is not a weapon, unlike handguns whose primary purpose is to kill people.

So cops don't need guns?

and we do ban all combat knives over here as well, also if I wandered into the a public space brandishing a 4 inch kitchen knife I would be arrested for carrying an offensive weapon.

Then obviously outlawing them doesn't do jack. The guy still did it.

not that your interested in facts.

Not that you're interested in grammar.

This Charming Manc

So cops don't need guns?

They need guns when the populace is armed, about 70% of our cops aren't armed as matter of course.

However my posts are about the public's right to bear arms, the police and army need them, but they are tools designed for killing

Then obviously outlawing them doesn't do jack. The guy still did it.

Laws don't ensure don't happen, its means there are consequences to actions , and thus those actions tend to become less appealing. Seeing as murder still happens would you want to scrap the law or murder, or rape?

Its an idiots argument and doesn't hold any water.

Not that you're interested in grammar.

No I have no interest in your older female relatives whatsoever but thanks for asking.

badp

Laws don't ensure don't happen, its means there are consequences to actions , and thus those actions tend to become less appealing. Seeing as murder still happens would you want to scrap the law or murder, or rape?

But you're not suggesting just outlawing the crime. You want to outlaw the means to commit a crime. That's something man has been doing since the beginning and it has never worked. Multiplying laws makes men worse, not better. The more inanimate objects you outlaw, the more clever people will become about how to kill each other.

musterion

But you're not suggesting just outlawing the crime. You want to outlaw the means to commit a crime. That's something man has been doing since the beginning and it has never worked. Multiplying laws makes men worse, not better. The more inanimate objects you outlaw, the more clever people will become about how to kill each other.

He already knows all that.

Decreasing crime is not the point. Never is.

brewmama

I don't really want to argue about it because I am tired of the subject. However, even though I do not often agree with TCM (and I don't agree that Americans should take the European/British position of outlawing guns), he is right in this one. I have repeatedly stated that I have no feelings of judgement or criticism for your gun culture in the USA and my only advice has been that you need to learn to live with it, if you haven't already done so. It's your culture, you are entitled to it. I have no qualms with it. But this is our culture, please allow us that much.

What do you think we are trying to do to your culture? Y'all are the ones committing suicide, how are we trying to stop you?

Eric h

If Britain hadn't voted to bomb Syria, then this knife attack might not have happened.

It seems no one has acknowledged the plight of the Syrian people so far. Britain has not been using knives against them, we have voted to bomb them.

It seems sheer stupidity to assume that the Syrian people should not fight back in some way.

We reap what we sow.

Truster

Matthew 24:37 KJV
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Genesis 6:5 KJV
And Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:11 KJV
The earth also was corrupt before Elohim, and the earth was filled with violence.

Last edited:

This Charming Manc

Fear of attacks like this is not a reason not to bomb ISIS in Syria.

The fact that there is no diplomatic end game, no effect troops on the ground and no cohesive strategy are all good reason not to bomb ISIS Syria at the moment.

We will at somepoint have to deal with ISIS properly, but random bombing before we make a plan seems just to make a bad situation worse.

The biggest threats to Syrian people is the proxy war between Iran and Saudis being fought in there country, Russian grand standing in the middle east and the rise of ISIS. Bombings just adding to that pile of pooh.

If Britain hadn't voted to bomb Syria, then this knife attack might not have happened.

It seems no one has acknowledged the plight of the Syrian people so far. Britain has not been using knives against them, we have voted to bomb them.

It seems sheer stupidity to assume that the Syrian people should not fight back in some way.

We reap what we sow.

This Charming Manc

hmm I work with, a couple of Muslims, deal with other on a daily basis, I have an good idea what they are about.

You seem to listen to right wing racist demagogues and assume you are informed.

There are about 4,800,000 Muslims in the UK, our intelligence services would suggest there are around 1,000 - 2,000 they are concerned about.

Simple sums show that 4,798,000 are not a clear and present danger to the UK. Muslims and radicla islam are very different.

Well, that's because we actually listen to what they say they are going to so. Evidently you don't.

Truster

It amazes me that you people cannot look beyond second cause and deny the fact that the Sovereign Eternal Almighty is working all according to the good purpose of His will. That He is pouring out the vials of His wrath and has been doing so since the fall.
An example of that wrath is the deluge and for the heirs of promise He poured out His wrath upon His Son at Calvary.

''Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?''

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So? They weren't shot and that's all that counts.

I agree totally with CM on America and arms, the WHOLE world is incredulous of America.

The only difference between CM and me is I don't see how the problem can be solved. Disarming America is simply a logistic impossibility.

...but dammit the reforms Obama was trying for are entirely achievable and sensible.

The scene at present is madness.....what a disgrace that politicians are bought by the gun merchants

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It amazes me that you people cannot look beyond second cause and deny the fact that the Sovereign Eternal Almighty is working all according to the good purpose of His will. That He is pouring out the vials of His wrath and has been doing so since the fall.
An example of that wrath is the deluge and for the heirs of promise He poured out His wrath upon His Son at Calvary.

''Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and Yah Veh hath not done it?''

What a dippo, God put a rainbow in the sky dippo to PROVE by solemn promise that He will never again destroy indiscriminately....He introduced seedtime and harvest as long as the earth stands...what things soever a man shall sow that also shall he reap.

Show by the revelation we have of the Father, which is Jesus Christ, show that He EVER once did evil to anybody.

God has set a day for judgement, until that judgement day are no vials of wrath...only grace so far as God is concerned.

Herod and Ananias and Saphira are exceptional and rare.

Truster

it's prolly been mentioned, but one good samaritan with a concealed carry license could have stopped this real quick

Here's a good reason for gun control, but I don't think for a moment you'll understand:

US gun crime in 2015
Figures up to 3 December

353 Mass shootings
62 shootings at schools
12,223 people killed in gun incidents
24,722 people injured in gun incidents

Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive

That equates to around 37,000 samaritans.

bybee

Here's a good reason for gun control, but I don't think for a moment you'll understand:

US gun crime in 2015
Figures up to 3 December

353 Mass shootings
62 shootings at schools
12,223 people killed in gun incidents
24,722 people injured in gun incidents

Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive

We've got 'em and more! We are not passive sheep!
That equates to around 37,000 samaritans.