Life is short.....

glorydaz

I'll move this brilliant post over here from the just closed personal thread of another "poster".

Some people don't like advice, either. I have lots of good advice, but I've been told to just listen to what they say and not give them my advice. That brought on a momentary silence, believe me.

Not long, but momentary.​

I been thinking about this a lot of late. Wondering why people have to be so picky...so touchy. I see it all the time. People have their say on social media and then pitch a fit if you dare to give them a piece of good advice. Is everyone so enamoured with themselves and their own opinions that free speech will not be tolerated?

Yep, it'a a plain out and out attack on free speech. Scream and yell in their face to shut them up, or unfriend them, or kick them off your thread.

Little people living in little boxes. What a shame.

I'm wondering how long it will be before we cannot even freely gather on the streets. We certainly can't now if we wear certain hats or are overheard saying certain things.

Don't be afraid of hearing advice. You just may learn something new. Life is short.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm wondering how long it will be before we cannot even freely gather on the streets.

It’s already a fact of American life.
Check out “Free Speech Zones” or “Protest Zones."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll move this brilliant post over here from the just closed personal thread of another "poster".
Some people don't like advice, either. I have lots of good advice, but I've been told to just listen to what they say and not give them my advice. That brought on a momentary silence, believe me.

I been thinking about this a lot of late. Wondering why people have to be so picky...so touchy. I see it all the time. People have their say on social media and then pitch a fit if you dare to give them a piece of good advice. Is everyone so enamoured with themselves and their own opinions that free speech will not be tolerated?

Yep, it'a a plain out and out attack on free speech. Scream and yell in their face to shut them up, or unfriend them, or kick them off your thread.

I'm wondering how long it will be before we cannot even freely gather on the streets. We certainly can't now if we wear certain hats or are overheard saying certain things.

Don't be afraid of hearing advice. You just may learn something new. Life is short.
Love ya JanJan!

Some just really enjoy making others have to walk on egg shells for them.

glorydaz

Love ya JanJan!

Love you back, little Tex. ;)

You know, don't you, that we can only say, "A Person of color", or "A Person of small stature", or "A Person of little intellect"?

I've been being schooled on those things from a psychologist friend of mine.

Not sure about you, but the task is too great for this "Person of the Old School". :dunce:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

You know, don't you, that we can only say, "A Person of color", or "A Person of small stature", or "A Person of little intellect"?

Not sure about you, but the task is too great for this "Person of the Old School". :dunce:

that's 'cause you're "chronologically endowed"

Aimiel

Love ya JanJan!

Are you KIDDING me?!? If you walk on eggshells: someone is bound to complain about either the crunching noises are making their skin crawl or you're being cruel to animals by stealing their young to eat.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I knowed it.

I already learned words for all that, and they take up a lot less room.

You could really frustrate that friend by always saying, "This is not about me".

Atta girl!
Unnecessary burdens are foolish.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you KIDDING me?!? If you walk on eggshells: someone is bound to complain about either the crunching noises are making their skin crawl or you're being cruel to animals by stealing their young to eat.
When they complain, serve them scrambled eggs.
With bacon of course.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

There's a line, and maybe a fine one, between constructive criticism /advice, and just being a crank, and that line belongs in the eye of the beholder, no matter how unjust that is. They get to decide whether we're just being cranks, no matter whether we know we're being cranks or not.

glorydaz

There's a line, and maybe a fine one, between constructive criticism /advice, and just being a crank, and that line belongs in the eye of the beholder, no matter how unjust that is. They get to decide whether we're just being cranks, no matter whether we know we're being cranks or not.

The only line is between common sense and nonsense.

glorydaz

So, once again I'm reminded that life is short.
[MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
I like that you deal with reality instead of fantasy land where all the little sheeple are just supposed to say baaa and just blindly follow along with some high horse rider that decides to create a list of words he could deem as offensive if used by anyone.

Life is too short to allow a big frog in an itty bitty puddle keep me from voicing my opinion.

It's too bad Tam's thread received the kiss of death because one member insisted on making himself the focus.

Life is too short, folks.

glorydaz

I was enjoying my participation in that thread :(

It was a good thread...even had a "case in point" example staring us in the face.

Triggered by a simple word while real mockery goes unnoticed because it's so couched in flourish.

Hey, it was even boasted about. Did you notice?

In the exchange between GO and TH

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
Are you implying that glorydaz is a witch (wicca)?

"So mote it be" is a ritual phrase used by Freemasons, in Rosicrucianism, and more recently by Neopagans.

In that usage the context is a mocking ritualistic formality.