Liberals have it made in the 2016 election

exminister

Ever since Donald Trump started upsetting the Republican race for the presidential nomination, there is growing speculation that he is not what he seems. Republicans are now accusing him of having deliberately outrageous and controversial views in order to discredit the Republican party - or worse, divide it. Can it be true? Can Donald Trump really be a Democrat in disguise?

I wasn't buying it unless he quoted Jennifer Lawrence. :rotfl:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ever since Donald Trump started upsetting the Republican race for the presidential nomination, there is growing speculation that he is not what he seems. Republicans are now accusing him of having deliberately outrageous and controversial views in order to discredit the Republican party - or worse, divide it. Can it be true? Can Donald Trump really be a Democrat in disguise?

:chuckle: Donald Trump is exactly what he seems .... a loudmouth, pro-abortion adulterer ... however, he is not responsible for discrediting the Republican party. They did that all on their own.

Foxfire

The Democrats aren't the driving force behind Trumps domination of the Republican field of candidates. You can't blame them if the Reps can't find a candidate from their own ranks that they can support. :think:

But then again, you can't blame the Reps. for rejecting the rest of the (edit...Huuuuuugggeee) field of options that they've been given. :chuckle:

On the up side, there is a certain morbid fascination to watching it all unfold. It's a bit like watching a coyote chew it's leg off in order to free itself from the trap it stepped into.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Democrats aren't the driving force behind Trumps domination of the Republican field of candidates. You can't blame them if the Reps can't find a candidate from their own ranks that they can support. :think:

But then again, you can't blame the Reps. for rejecting the rest of the field of options that they've been given. :chuckle:

On the up side, there is a certain morbid fascination to watching it all unfold. It's a bit like watching a coyote chew it's leg off in order to free itself from the trap it stepped into.

exactly!

i get my news from the CBC and it's hilarious at how boggled by the whole process the canucks are

this is how they roll:
wiki said:
The Canadian federal election, 2015 (formally the 42nd general election) was held on October 19, 2015, to elect members to the House of Commons of the Canadian parliament.

The writs of election for the 2015 election were issued by Governor General David Johnston on August 4. The ensuing campaign was one of the longest in Canadian history.[2]

election called on 8/4/15
election held on 10/19/2015
76 days

one of the longest in Canadian history

Last edited:

glorydaz

Well, let's see. The republican party platform is 'never, ever, ever, tax the rich, and we hate Obama, all other democrats, gays, liberals, intellectuals, scientists, all foreigners; especially arabs, … poor people, black people, latino people, atheists, and they even hate very government that they're busy screwing up!'. So I guess it can't be any of that, that's making them look like a bunch of morons, idiots, and hypocrites.

I've heard those liberal glasses end up making you permanently cross-eyed. :think:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There's just one flaw with your theory: "The Establishment" doesn't want Donald Drumpf.

But they'll settle for him because he'll 'deal' with the Left.

On the contrary, the Republican establishment is considering a brokered convention, or even bolting the Party altogether, if Trump becomes the nominee.

If it comes down to Trump vs. a Democrat, who will you vote for?

musterion

That is not what you implied with your comment. Rubio's "threat" is meaningless because it's no threat; it's reality. The party is already split precisely because of feckless insiders like him. Conservatives will no longer "bite the sandwich" the R's feed to them every couple of years.

The big question now is, Is Trump for real? I'm still not sure either way.

But whatever results from this...Trump, Cruz, someone else down the road... it's long overdue and there's no stopping it. People have had it with the Uniparty (for all the good it will do us). The GOP will reform from the ground up, or it will die and be replaced.

musterion

I really don't want to get sucked too deeply into politics but this is interesting blog comment on the article linked below (corrected for language):

Once again, note that if Rubio had not left Florida to pointlessly campaign in Idaho, Cruz probably would have hit the 50% mark (he got 44.5%) and taken all 32 delegates, denying Trump any. Also, Rubio's pointless ___ing around in Texas only got him 3 delegates -- but he did sweetly deliver 30 or so to Trump by denying Cruz the 50% threshold for Winner Take All of all 155 delegates.

[Remove] Rubio's (and/or Kasich's) presence in the race and Cruz is your damn delegate leader.

But they continue on in the race, Kasich because he's an flighty egomaniac who just wants to be Trump's VP (obviously), and Rubio because he has a messianic conception of himself as a savior of America or whatever.

If these guys don't get out, I'm just switching to supporting to Trump. With them in the race, we get to Trump as nominee the slow way; why ____ around? Why not just get it over with and get to Trump the fast way? It is pointless to fight on with these two idiots serving as Trump's Valkyries.

Referenced article:

https://www.conservativereview.com/...ons-kasich-and-rubio-continue-to-play-spoiler

At this point, it is clear to everyone, including Rubio who is being told this, that no one besides Cruz has a chance against Trump. Yet they persist. Why? Simple ego? Maybe. Or maybe they're Nazgul to the GOP's Sauron, committed to suck every atom of oxygen away from Cruz they possibly can, ensuring that Trump takes it when, were it just he and Cruz, Trump might not.