Let's try that again...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know what? I just get fonder and fonder of you! You are a good man!

Indeed, he is. Even though he has annoyed me a few times, I honestly believe it is a miscommunication.

Quetzal

not so much a matter of not getting his way

more a matter of suffering a crushing disappointment

he came home from school and found that mommy had taken down his favorite pictures from the front of the fridge and thrown them away to make room for some of the other kids pictures

so he went off and had good sulk for a month

meh:idunno:

it's happened before
Sheesh, can I have a self-centered thread just for me without you bringing him up? :mmph:

One might begin to suspect you have a crush on good ol'Town. Although, who could blame you, his stripes are quite handsome.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sheesh, can I have a self-centered thread just for me without you bringing him up? :mmph:

One might begin to suspect you have a crush on good ol'Town. Although, who could blame you, his stripes are quite handsome.

:chuckle: You could have a thread entitled "Christmas Cheer" and he would manage to insert TH into the topic.

bybee

He is tormented by Town's superiority. Poor thing....:baby:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. :eek: ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

See ya out there. :cheers:
Welcome back! :)

I like your post.

I think the problem that some folks have with TOL is they take everything too personally. I'm glad you decided to start with a clean slate.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
not so much a matter of not getting his way
Not in any sense, given I hadn't asked for anything.
more a matter of suffering a crushing disappointment
It's a thread in an internet chat room, not an family heirloom. :chuckle:

I was disappointed, but neither crushed nor angered, which is why I didn't do one of your stomp offs about how awful the place was, etc. and why I'm not having to ask someone to return or slink back in under cover of yet another mask.

Doesn't matter. Anyway, I was disappointed in the admin because I'd put work into it and it had been a real draw, with around a quarter million views on a couple of thousand posts. But mostly because a lot of TOL posts and threads otherwise gone, along with posters no longer among us, many who had been valued around here, at least for a time, were preserved in there. It would have been nice to know that was going to happen so I could have archived it else.

But I think that was part of the point. In any event, that's life for you. We gain perspective on things and people if we pay attention.

so he went off and had good sulk for a month
No, but I can understand why you'd think it, given how integral it is to your life. I mean, look at how you kept writing about me after I left. I don't think I thought about you once...though I did miss a few people around here I don't see otherwise.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Welcome back! :)

I like your post.

I think the problem that some folks have with TOL is they take everything too personally. I'm glad you decided to start with a clean slate.

you should welcome him back with a five day ban :banana:

elohiym

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

Good to know. :)

PureX

The Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes are my two favorite comic strips of all time. One of them was already taken... :D
I always loved those really old Popeye animations, obviously. Also, Heavy Metal Magazine, back in the 1970s was a favorite. And it's hard not to love The Far Side panels.

Quetzal

I always loved those really old Popeye animations, obviously. Also, Heavy Metal Magazine, back in the 1970s was a favorite. And it's hard not to love The Far Side panels.
I love The Far Side, it was a huge hit when I was in middle/high school.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Freak Brothers
The Appletons in national lampoon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you remember Omni magazine? Sort of the New Yorker of science-fiction periodicals. Had some great panels and humor along with the stories.