ECT let me provoke your thinking with this question:

Cross Reference

Did Jesus Christ visit this earth only because Adam and all his posterity have sinned, or was it in the original plan and eternal purpose of the Father that His Son should visit earth, become incarnate, and thereby make possible a vital union with man? In other words, was it according to the Father’s eternal purpose for His Son to visit earth even if Adam had never sinned?

Truster

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Everything was decreed before the foundation of the world.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did Jesus Christ visit this earth only because Adam and all his posterity have sinned, or was it in the original plan and eternal purpose of the Father that His Son should visit earth, become incarnate, and thereby make possible a vital union with man? In other words, was it according to the Father’s eternal purpose for His Son to visit earth even if Adam had never sinned?

I think God's eternal purpose, among many things, is to share himself with his creation, which requires Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Ghost

Cross Reference

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Everything was decreed before the foundation of the world.

Doesn't answer the question.

Side question: Do you think God has a freewill?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And if Adam had never sinned? What then?

God foreknows all things, which leads to many more questions. To ask, 'what if Adam never sinned', leads to then why waste time with Adam, why not fast forward and get to God's Son Jesus Christ. I can't answer your question adequately except with scripture (signature), as I trust the Lord. I daresay that nobody can truly answer your question.

Cross Reference

God foreknows all things, which leads to many more questions. To ask, 'what if Adam never sinned', leads to then why waste time with Adam, why not fast forward and get to God's Son Jesus Christ. I can't answer your question adequately except with scripture (signature), as I trust the Lord. I daresay that nobody can truly answer your question.

It has been answered many times and the answer is, Yes! To understand you will have to know the reason for God creating man and that being His desire for a vast family of sons; sons to be just like Him, full of the Godhead. Now the question should be: "What is God like"? The answer is, He is like the man, Jesus demonstrated. [Remember His answer to Phillip?] Purposed for Adam who failed to do so is the reason the man Jesus is sometimes called the "second Adam" or the "last Adam because He started a whole new creation with Himself as the Divine federal head by His death and resurrection.. Irrespective of whether you believe it to be the truth is irrelevant because redemption is a fact and you and I are of a new creation, restored to what Adam was before he transgressed. "It is Finished", a finished work of the cross . . but not all. There is more, once redemption is fully understood. The difference now is if we sin we have an advocate with the Father to plead our case; One who paid for transgressions committed by us, Adam never had making us a very privileged race of people.

Truster

Doesn't answer the question.

Side question: Do you think God has a freewill?

It answers the question perfectly. The problem is you don't comprehend the scripture.

The Eternal Almighty alone has free will and the power, wisdom and proven ability to fulfil His revealed and hidden will.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In other words, was it according to the Father’s eternal purpose for His Son to visit earth even if Adam had never sinned?

Adam was created without the Holy Spirit which was symbolized by the Tree of Life. The gift of the Holy Spirit is eternal life which Adam did not have.

Cross Reference

Adam was created without the Holy Spirit which was symbolized by the Tree of Life. The gift of the Holy Spirit is eternal life which Adam did not have.

So what is your answer? O, had Adam not sinned he would never have died. So what does the holy Spirit have to do with anything?

Eric h

I think God's eternal purpose, among many things, is to share himself with his creation, which requires Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Ghost

Possibly; God's eternal purpose was to love each and every one of us, as he loves himself.

Possibly God loves us more than he loves himself, he sent his son to die for us.

But God also holds the power of heaven or hell over each and everyone of us.

Just some thoughts to challenge the mind to think

Truster

Possibly; God's eternal purpose was to love each and every one of us, as he loves himself.

Possibly God loves us more than he loves himself, he sent his son to die for us.

But God also holds the power of heaven or hell over each and everyone of us.

Just some thoughts to challenge the mind to think

The Eternal purpose of the Almighty is His glory.

Cross Reference

The Eternal purpose of the Almighty is His glory.

. . . . eternally established in mankind, in those who know to choose Him as their Head. In those who understand what His redemption is really all about with regards to understanding the need for surrendering their lives to Christ to make it possible..

Cross Reference

It answers the question perfectly. The problem is you don't comprehend the scripture.

The Eternal Almighty alone has free will and the power, wisdom and proven ability to fulfil His revealed and hidden will.

To who for expected obedience, robots??

You are simply declaring God was too insecure to give Adam freewill which we know is totally incorrect, correct?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what is your answer? O, had Adam not sinned he would never have died. So what does the holy Spirit have to do with anything?

What does the Tree of Life symbolize?

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever” (Genesis 3:22 NKJV)​

Eric h

To who for expected obedience, robots??

You are simply declaring God was too insecure to give Adam freewill which we know is totally incorrect, correct?

We are given the greatest commandments to love God and to love our neighbour. In a way the commandment to love is a kind of free will.

Cross Reference

We are given the greatest commandments to love God and to love our neighbour. In a way the commandment to love is a kind of free will.

If the commandment wasn't expected of a freewill to be obeyed it would not be received by God . . .to be of any value to Him...