Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"the meaning and purpose of protecting the children is gone"

this is not accepted by

town
Right. I answered: "If your neighbor has to be an honorable man for you to maintain your honor then all you possessed of honor to begin with was the form."

It's like your mom probably told you if you tried the, "All my friends are doing it" approach. If they jump off a bridge are you jumping with them?

Same thing. You are who you are and not who other people are, unless you lack character. And that's something you'll have to work out for yourself.

they all support same sex marriage
But being dishonest because you have a personal grudge shows a lack of character, so there's some work for you right there.

I want to protect the child town want to protect two guys living together
No, but doubling down really underscores your problem with being honest. You literally can't handle the truth...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You've presented a classic false dilemma, you know. Or maybe better described as the fallacy of the excluded middle.
He's not here to argue or answer or even get the other guy's point right. He's just standing in his yard screaming at people across the road in the public park to get off his grass. :plain:

just think about it two guys living together now have more protection than a single mom
I'd ask you how but we both know you couldn't answer it, because it's not true.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Cary Grant and Randolph Scott did not need protection. :)
And look who's trolling again. :thumb:

For those of you playing at home, Eeset got sent to the bench on a ban a long time ago after she made a gay swipe at me that began during a discussion of old movies where she referenced a rumor about the two stars. The rumor was that Grant and Scott, who lived together in a bachelor pad prior for a time, were gay. It was one of those unfounded, nonsensical bits that caused at least one of Grant's ex-wives to laugh about. And if your ex defends you, you're doing all right. :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
marriage has lost its meaning
now
it is like a candy bar you hand out so others will like you
the ultimate trick or treat
sweet in the mouth
but
sour in the stomach
all we can do now is try to preserve the family concept
the best we can
so
we can put it in a museum to remind others what is was like

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
marriage has lost its meaning
now
it is like a candy bar you hand out so others will like you
the ultimate trick or treat
sweet in the mouth
but
sour in the stomach
I never thought less of my Snickers bar
because the others had one.
I never thought it was less than sweet,
or an incomplete, or a bad one.

Granite

Hall of Fame
We don't necessarily know her motives but WOW! look at the attention she is receiving!
But, I've been thinking. Perhaps this incident helps to bring into focus the importance of respecting separation of church and state?

Lights! Camera! Action! Why would she want any of this to stop? She's going to keep up causing trouble and stirring up more drama if she suspects the TV boys are going to pack up and move on to the next fiasco.