John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

We all need to pay attention to this. We may not understand it, but it is huge to how we think about our politics and theology.
Politics because it addresses personhood. There can be no biblical Christian for any kind of abortion imho (different topic, but one worth this point). Theologically because you are correct, clearly the babe moved with joy, unless we toss out scriptures.

Great post :first:

The baby moved with joy because he was filled with the Holy Spirit.

THAT DOES NOT say the baby was taught the gospel!

Don't you have any care about God's Truth?

Jerry Shugart

Right, so even in your theology, there are men that hate the light. Doesn't that make men already predestined?

No, because it is man's own sins why they hate the light.

It would allow for Satan to be the one who decides who is saved and not saved, wouldn't it?

No, it wouldn't. For instance, the ministers of Satan preach a false "gospel of grace," saying that certain "works" of one kind or another are necessary to be saved by the grace of God. Those who believe that false gospel never believe the true "gospel of grace" but instead a false one.

However, there is nothing to stop those people going to the Scriptures to find the truth about that gospel, or at least seek out other opinions. If they never do that then they can blame no one but themselves.

God's Truth

No, it wouldn't. For instance, the ministers of Satan preach a false "gospel of grace," saying that certain "works" of one kind or another are necessary to be saved by the grace of God. Those who believe that false gospel never believe the true "gospel of grace" but instead a false one.

However, there is nothing to stop those people going to the Scriptures to find the truth about that gospel, or at least seek out other opinions. If they never do that then they can blame no one but themselves.

What a sad miserable joke for you to say that Satan wants people to obey God, and that preaching obedience to get saved and to stay saved is doing the work of Satan.

You got that backwards!

God's Truth

Listen to yourself. Jesus taught obey to be saved! I preach that same thing and you call it being a minister of Satan! How is teaching what Jesus taught that?

God's Truth

We are blessed as a family member and friend if we do what Jesus says.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those whohear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Lon

Again, not sure if you are following where my questions are coming from (hoping) but: Who hates the light? Doesn't that mean God only died for those who didn't/don't hate the light? Why or why not? Doesn't the answer, either way, set you in some sense of agreement or dilemma with the Calvinist? What makes some men hate light? Whatever the answer, doesn't it mean that God didn't die for those who hate the light? If He did, doesn't it nullify your answer? If He died even for these, then you can't use this scripture as the qualifier of what saves men, can you? I hope you are seeing my problem with the answer. I 'think' everyone tries to answer this. It seems to me, the Calvinist answer is the most consistent whether one agrees or not. I simply see all the other answers as inconsistent. Arminians(and some others) believe God knows, not based fully on omniscience/sovereignty. I believe God knows and because He is active, in the sense that He knows exactly what His actions accomplish throughout our whole history, that He accomplishes what His actions are done for. IOW, He doesn't leave things to chance, doesn't 'play dice' as Einstein said.
What would happen if God worked this way, would leave Him losing those He might have otherwise saved. Literally, He'd be at the mercy of events as we are, because He 'might' have done something differently to save someone. I'm very convinced that God will save all those who 'can' be saved. As such, the full number will come in, as scripture tells us. Jesus said He hadn't lost one of the sheep God gave Him. I don't believe He was just talking about the 12. Forgive me for some thoughts toward a Calvinistic end, but I wanted you to see both where my scriptural understanding and thought processes have gone with these questions so you can walk a mile with me. I'm also trying to walk a mile with you as well. Thanks for your time. -Lon

Well, I agree, but if they have a choice, then it wouldn't be entirely Satan's fault so we are back to why some men willingly are blinded.
Only those who choose to read the Bible can ever be saved? What are the odds (chance) of that? Is it chance. I 'think' such theological thoughts makes the desire for salvation in some men the catalyst for men being saved. As such, you'd be a bit like the Calvinist saying that God only saves those who want to be saved (I believe/think). Does that sound right? The difference would be, I 'think,' is that Calvinists say they don't know that what 'it' is that causes some men to be saved and others not because God pursues those like Saul who were against Him. It is a mystery to me why I wanted to be saved and the friend with some good qualities next to me, equally with an imago deo in damage, does not. I simply believe that 'if' God could save him, He would. Such makes me a Calvinist.
Thanks again for walking a mile with me. Be sure to lead the mile in your direction too. Your favor to me will not go unreturned. Thank you. -Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
See my former dissertation on Unitarianism in Kingdom Rose's thread :)

If you follow my commentary, I have no HUGE problem with a trinitarian concept of Deity, for 'God' is a manifold ONE. I do share in current discussion however a more Unitarian Christology, and use that as a platform for 'creative dialogue', as a contrast over-view...showing the possible alternative views within Christology. Between Unitarianism and Trinitarianism...there is a broad spectrum. I dont pigeonhole 'God' or 'Christ' in any one particular slot necessarily. Remember, Deity is INFINITE :)

And yes,...if you have the Spirit of 'God', and express his divine nature and the fruits thereof,...'God' love u!
The archbishop of Boston was asked about the possible ordination of ladies in the Catholic Church. The archbishop (Sean) said that if it was his Church, he would ordain ladies, but she's not Sean's Church. He said, she's Jesus' Church. I was impressed at the man's deference and respect and faith.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I know a LOT of nonChristians that are pretty nice. Does that mean they are saved and I am not? See? FLPJ denies the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Is he a Christian by virtue of his actions while rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ? :think: John 4:24 Memorize it?

Yes, I've memorized John 4:24, how does it relate? The truth of my statement stands. Read it in context before making assumptions.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If we Honor God, we honor both male and female................

If we Honor God, we honor both male and female................

The archbishop of Boston was asked about the possible ordination of ladies in the Catholic Church. The archbishop (Sean) said that if it was his Church, he would ordain ladies, but she's not Sean's Church. He said, she's Jesus' Church. I was impressed at the man's deference and respect and faith.

Well, there is neither male nor female in Christ, and I think women ought to have more opportunities for ministry than some male dominated patriarchal religions give them. I respect 'God' as 'Father' and 'Mother', for his image and likeness (nature) includes BOTH genders, and their perfect synergy completes their unity as one. Our honoring our earthly parents is a way we honor the higher heavenly parents, since the earthly is a reflection of the heavenly (as above, so below).

See: Honoring Father-Mother-God

In the short thread above I elaborate more on balancing reverence with Our Mother, as well as Our Father,....while the 'Father' is the Head of all, we must not disrespect or devalue the Mother's place in Creation, the divine feminine, and how gender manifests in all creation in the procreative and nurturing process of life.

Jerry Shugart

Who hates the light? Doesn't that mean God only died for those who didn't/don't hate the light? Why or why not?

Because the Lord Jesus tasted death for every man.

Doesn't the answer, either way, set you in some sense of agreement or dilemma with the Calvinist? What makes some men hate light? Whatever the answer, doesn't it mean that God didn't die for those who hate the light? If He did, doesn't it nullify your answer? If He died even for these, then you can't use this scripture as the qualifier of what saves men, can you?

The Scriptures prove that men do not come to the light because they no not have the ability. Instead, they show that in these cases it is their own fault that they do not come to the light.

I hope you are seeing my problem with the answer. I 'think' everyone tries to answer this. It seems to me, the Calvinist answer is the most consistent whether one agrees or not. I simply see all the other answers as inconsistent. Arminians(and some others) believe God knows, not based fully on omniscience/sovereignty. I believe God knows and because He is active, in the sense that He knows exactly what His actions accomplish throughout our whole history, that He accomplishes what His actions are done for. IOW, He doesn't leave things to chance, doesn't 'play dice' as Einstein said.

No, in a figurative sense He looks into the future and chooses for salvation those who believe:

"But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth"
(2 Thess.2:13).​

I'm very convinced that God will save all those who 'can' be saved.

All men have the ability to believe so all men can be saved.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Well, there is neither male nor female in Christ, and I think women ought to have more opportunities for ministry than some male dominated patriarchal religions give them. I respect 'God' as 'Father' and 'Mother', for his image and likeness (nature) includes BOTH genders, and their perfect synergy completes their unity as one. Our honoring our earthly parents is a way we honor the higher heavenly parents, since the earthly is a reflection of the heavenly (as above, so below).

See: Honoring Father-Mother-God

In the short thread above I elaborate more on balancing reverence with Our Mother, as well as Our Father,....while the 'Father' is the Head of all, we must not disrespect or devalue the Mother's place in Creation, the divine feminine, and how gender manifests in all creation in the procreative and nurturing process of life.
The Church (female) has always honored Mary, the Mother of God and the Mother of the Church. Ever since the Reformation, the Catholic Church has emphasized Mary even more. Mary is the epitome of Christian faith, our model of faith; a lady, not a man. Besides Christ Himself, the Church honors nobody more than Mary. She is "blessed . . . among women."

Robert Pate

Banned
The Church (female) has always honored Mary, the Mother of God and the Mother of the Church. Ever since the Reformation, the Catholic Church has emphasized Mary even more. Mary is the epitome of Christian faith, our model of faith; a lady, not a man. Besides Christ Himself, the Church honors nobody more than Mary. She is "blessed . . . among women."

Mary was the person that God used to bring Jesus unto the world. Mary should not be referred to as, "The Mother of God" God does not have a mother. Mary is not holy, she needs a savior just like everybody else. Mary confessed that she was a sinner just like everybody else. There is little to no writings in the bible concerning what Mary said or believed.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Mary was the person that God used to bring Jesus unto the world. Mary should not be referred to as, "The Mother of God" God does not have a mother.
Is the Lord Jesus Christ God, Robert? Is Mary His mother?
Mary is not holy, she needs a savior just like everybody else. Mary confessed that she was a sinner just like everybody else. There is little to no writings in the bible concerning what Mary said or believed.
Do you mean to question Mary's Christian faith in saying, "There is little to no writings in the bible concerning what Mary said of believed?"

Robert Pate

Banned
Is the Lord Jesus Christ God, Robert? Is Mary His mother?
Do you mean to question Mary's Christian faith in saying, "There is little to no writings in the bible concerning what Mary said of believed?"

Did Mary preach the Gospel and justification by faith? Mary said very little.

Mary confessed that she needed a savior just like the rest of us, Luke 1:47. If you need a savior its because you are a sinner.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Did Mary preach the Gospel and justification by faith? Mary said very little.

Mary confessed that she needed a savior just like the rest of us, Luke 1:47. If you need a savior its because you are a sinner.
Mary was preserved from all sin because of the Lord's victory over sin; she benefited first and uniquely from what He did, to paraphrase what the Church believes.

Robert Pate

Banned
Mary was preserved from all sin because of the Lord's victory over sin; she benefited first and uniquely from what He did, to paraphrase what the Church believes.

Where does it say that Mary was without sin?

We all benefit from Christ's victory over sin, death and the devil, not just Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.