Jesus vs the Pharisees

Right Divider

Body part
What does that have to do with it? Does that make Jesus any less than He is? I don't think so. If you want to believe so have at it, but I will not,
Jesus called Paul. Jesus gave Paul his mission. Paul is Jesus' current apostle. You are stuck in the past and are not up to date with your doctrine.

1Cor 4:15-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:15) For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet [have ye] not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. (4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Cor 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Why do you belittle Christ's apostle?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does that have to do with it? Does that make Jesus any less than He is? I don't think so. If you want to believe so have at it, but I will not,
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ (in His earthly ministry) was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Rom 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles
(uncircumcision), ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
Rom 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

To not follow Paul in this dispensation is to not follow Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ (in His earthly ministry) was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Rom 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles
(uncircumcision), ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
Rom 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

To not follow Paul in this dispensation is to not follow Christ.
2Co 5:16 (KJV) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

2Co 5:17 (KJV) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gary K

Banned
But, Paul is Jesus' handpicked apostle to and for the nations/gentiles in this 2000 year dispensation/economy.
So, to you Paul is now the source of truth. I disagree.

Heb_13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Mal_3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

I am not a dispensationalist. Therefore I don't have the same view of scripture you do. God never changes.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So, to you Paul is now the source of truth.

No.

Mal_3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Quoting verses outside of their context is called prooftexting, and usually results in poor theology.

Try these on for size:

I am not a dispensationalist.

You are a dispensationalist, just not a mid-acts dispensationalist.

Therefore I don't have the same view of scripture you do.

That much has been obvious from the start.

God never changes

On the contrary... He does. His character does not change, indeed, but the biggest (and most important) change God underwent was when He became a man! Unless you'd like to argue that God was always, from eternity past, a man...? Or that God never became a man?

Gary K

Banned
No.

Quoting verses outside of their context is called prooftexting, and usually results in poor theology.

Try these on for size:

You are a dispensationalist, just not a mid-acts dispensationalist.

That much has been obvious from the start.

On the contrary... He does. His character does not change, indeed, but the biggest (and most important) change God underwent was when He became a man! Unless you'd like to argue that God was always, from eternity past, a man...? Or that God never became a man?
I do not reject scripture. You MADists do.

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
Jer 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.
Jer 18:12 And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

What did the priest and leaders of the Jews do?

Joh 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

They told Pilate they had no king except a pagan king which meant they had no king but the devil. That is what changed their destiny forever as a nation. They completely rejected God as the leader of their nation. And MADists response is, so what. In other words MADists think no matter how determined someone is to do evil God will save them. The Jews were so determined to do evil they killed Son of God. The only sin God cannot forgive is the one for which a person does not as to be forgiven and the Jewish nation has never, as a whole, asked for forgiveness for that crime, nor repented of killing Jesus or accepted Him as their Savior. And MADists still think the Jewish nation will be saved against their own will.

Right Divider

Body part
So, to you Paul is now the source of truth. I disagree.
It sad that so many people that call themselves Christians stoop to this sort of dishonesty.

Abusing and misusing scripture is bad.
I am not a dispensationalist.
Do you believe that God put Adam in the garden and keep it?

Gen 2:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:15) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Do you also believe that God told Adam to get out of the garden and not come back?
Gen 3:23-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (3:24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

That is a dispensational change.

Therefore I don't have the same view of scripture you do.
Yours is incorrect. You should change it.
God never changes.
Supra.

Gary K

Banned
It sad that so many people that call themselves Christians stoop to this sort of dishonesty.

Abusing and misusing scripture is bad.

Do you believe that God put Adam in the garden and keep it?

Gen 2:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:15) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Do you also believe that God told Adam to get out of the garden and not come back?
Gen 3:23-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (3:24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

That is a dispensational change.

Yours is incorrect. You should change it.

Supra.
If MADists really thought Paul is not the source of truth and that Jesus is there would constantly be threads in this religion forum about Jesus. However the only threads about Jesus I've ever seen on this site are the ones I've just started. That leads me to think MADists are Paulians, not Christians for a Christian is a follower of Jesus. He is the Lord of their lives.

Right Divider

Body part
If MADists really thought Paul is not the source of truth and that Jesus is there would constantly be threads in this religion forum about Jesus.
Jesus called Paul.
However the only threads about Jesus I've ever seen on this site are the ones I've just started.
When we quote Paul's epistles, we are quoting the words of the Lord Jesus Christ.
That leads me to think MADists are Paulians, not Christians for a Christian is a follower of Jesus.
You are confused. But being an SDA, that make perfect sense. Jesus called Paul.

(4:15) For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet [have ye] not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. (4:16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

That you constantly downplay and disparage Christ's messenger, the apostle Paul, is to your shame.
He is the Lord of their lives.
Duh.

Gary K

Banned
Jesus called Paul.

When we quote Paul's epistles, we are quoting the words of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You are confused. But being an SDA, that make perfect sense. Jesus called Paul.

That you constantly downplay and disparage Christ's messenger, the apostle Paul, is to your shame.

Duh.
So why don't MADists talk about Jesus all the time? Why have there never been any threads about Him on this site in the years I've been here? If the MADiists here started threads praising Jesus I could not say they didn't.

As a MADist, do you think salvation is based upon your relationship with Jesus? Did you know there are SDAs whose belief system is not much different than yours? They aren't MADists but other than that they believe pretty much like you do.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
So why don't MADists talk about Jesus all the time?
Continuing to lie will get you nowhere. We talk about Jesus all of the time. But we do not focus on Jesus' earth ministry to Israel. We focus on His CURRENT mission through Paul to the body of Christ, i.e., the church of today.
Why have there never been any threads about Him on this site in the years I've been here?
Because you are blind and cannot see.
If the MADiists here started threads praising Jesus I could not say they didn't.
Jesus called Paul. Why do you disparage Paul and his ministry?
As a MADist, do you think salvation is based upon your relationship with Jesus?
So you are don't even know what "MADists" believe? And yet you criticize?

Every epistle that Paul wrote is the word of the Lord Jesus Christ. Why do you fail to understand this? Jesus made PAUL the PATTERN for us today.

1Tim 1:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Salvation by grace alone through faith alone is found in Paul's epistles!

Paul is the GRACE apostle. The word "grace" appears only five times in the four "gospels" (and is completely missing in Matthew and Mark) and ... it appears ~85 TIMES is Paul's epistles!

The term "Lord Jesus Christ" does not even appear in the "gospels" at all. But Paul uses the term 65 TIMES in his epistles!

Gary K

Banned
Continuing to lie will get you nowhere. We talk about Jesus all of the time. But we do not focus on Jesus' earth ministry to Israel. We focus on His CURRENT mission through Paul to the body of Christ, i.e., the church of today.

Because you are blind and cannot see.

Jesus called Paul. Why do you disparage Paul and his ministry?

So you are don't even know what "MADists" believe? And yet you criticize?

Every epistle that Paul wrote is the word of the Lord Jesus Christ. Why do you fail to understand this? Jesus made PAUL the PATTERN for us today.

1Tim 1:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Salvation by grace alone through faith alone is found in Paul's epistles!

Paul is the GRACE apostle. The word "grace" appears only five times in the four "gospels" (and is completely missing in Matthew and Mark) and ... it appears ~85 TIMES is Paul's epistles!

The term "Lord Jesus Christ" does not even appear in the "gospels" at all. But Paul uses the term 65 TIMES in his epistles!
You're such a polite guy.

Gary K

Banned
And you do not engage in dialog. You dodge and evade, you insult and complain about others "insulting" (even though they are not).

Engage honestly or get lost.
So because I don't agree with you and MADism I'm dishonest. Like I said, you're a real polite guy.

Gary K

Banned
And you do not engage in dialog. You dodge and evade, you insult and complain about others "insulting" (even though they are not).

Engage honestly or get lost.
You've never bothered to comment on the following passage of scripture. Do you think it's an honest comment by God?

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
Jer 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
Jer 18:11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.
Jer 18:12 And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not reject scripture.

You apparently reject Paul's entire ministry.

You MADists do.

Quote, please, where we have rejected Scripture.

What does this have to do with anything?

What did the priest and leaders of the Jews do?

Joh 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Joh 19:15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

They told Pilate they had no king except a pagan king which meant they had no king but the devil. That is what changed their destiny forever as a nation.

Begging the question is a logical fallacy.

They completely rejected God as the leader of their nation.

And yet, God is completely willing to take Israel back.

And MADists response is, so what.

Uh, no, that's not our "response."

Our "response" is that Paul explicitly states, and John elaborates, that Israel WILL IN FACT be taken back by God, at the end of days.

Haven't you ever read the Bible?

In other words MADists think no matter how determined someone is to do evil God will save them.

Was that not the entire purpose of the Cross? So that no matter how evil someone could become, they could still be redeemed to God?

The Jews were so determined to do evil they killed Son of God.

Yup. And?

The only sin God cannot forgive is the one for which a person does not as(k) to be forgiven and the Jewish nation has never, as a whole, asked for forgiveness for that crime, nor repented of killing Jesus or accepted Him as their Savior.

The people who killed Jesus are dead and gone, and maybe you forgot what Jesus said when He was on the cross?

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

They didn't realize that they played right into His plan to save the world!

Sounds like it's no longer an issue for God.

The only sin Israel is guilty of currently is rejection of her Messiah.

Once they repent of that, God is more than willing to take her back.

There's even entire books in the Bible about how God longs to take her back!

And MADists still think the Jewish nation will be saved against their own will.

No, we have never thought that.

They will be saved, when they turn back to God.

That's not "against their will," by definition!

If MADists really thought Paul is not the source of truth and that Jesus

Jesus is THE source of Truth, for He is Truth.

Jesus called Paul. That makes Paul a secondary source of truth, one through which THE Truth is delivered.

is there would constantly be threads in this religion forum about Jesus.

The problem with such threads is that they focus on the wrong aspect of Christ's ministry to Israel, trying to apply the things meant specifically for Israel during the Time of Jacob's Trouble (AKA Great Tribulation) to the Body of Christ. Much of the discussion then becomes MADists trying to correct the faulty premises on which the original post was made, which means that Paul's letters are brought up, because if there was no change in dispensation, then there's no need for Paul, and in fact, none of what Paul says makes sense in much of the context of what Jesus taught during His earthly ministry, and it usually continues on that topic for a while, then the thread gets old and dies, or it peters out very quickly.

In order to understand what Jesus said, you need to know the context, and that includes the events surrounding His life, both before and after He died, up to at least 30 years afterwards.

But most people don't, because they haven't been taught those things, and don't have the big picture overview like MADists do.

However the only threads about Jesus I've ever seen on this site are the ones I've just started.

Do remember that we couldn't bring all the old threads over when we switched to XenForo. A lot of old threads were lost.

That being said...

There are more than enough threads besides yours that do exist that talk about Christ.

Try reading.

That leads me to think MADists are Paulians, not Christians for a Christian is a follower of Jesus. He is the Lord of their lives.

As RD has pointed out multiple times to you now:

I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you. For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore I urge you, imitate me.

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Who's the one really rejecting scripture here, Gary?

So why don't MADists talk about Jesus all the time?

Why do you assume we don't?

Why have there never been any threads about Him on this site in the years I've been here?

Why do you think there haven't been?

If the MADists here started threads praising Jesus I could not say they didn't.

To me, posting a thread praising Christ seems rather... self-serving.

By that, I mean, "Hey, look at me! I'm praising Christ! I must be a really good Christian! Give me likes!"

As a MADist, do you think salvation is based upon your relationship with Jesus?

I think what RD said above suffices here: So you don't know what we believe, yet you criticise it for being wrong?

How does that make any sense?

Did you know there are SDAs whose belief system is not much different than yours? They aren't MADists but other than that they believe pretty much like you do.

So what?

You're such a polite guy.

If that was anything but a complete compliment, you're a hypocrite.