Jesus vs the Pharisees

Right Divider

Body part
So did Jesus know there would be two gospels?
  • Do you think that Jesus did not know the very gospels that He Himself gave?
  • Why do you believe that there are only two gospels?
  • There are many gospels in the Bible.
His disciples are a bad example as they never really understood the true nature of Jesus' kingdom until after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
You must think that Jesus was a very poor teacher, since they were taught by Him during that entire time. They were with Him all of the time.
They were still so full of themselves
That's quite a claim.
they denied Jesus knew what He was talking about when He told them they would all deny Him the night before His crucifixion.
Yes, they were fallible men. But the Bible also says that Christ's death from HID from them. Do you think that this was THEIR fault?

Luke 18:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So what do you call the following?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

What do you say to the following?

Mar 14:6 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
Mar 14:7 For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
Mar 14:8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
Mar 14:9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Is this said before of after Jesus died? And Jesus said wherever this gospel is preached Mary Magdalene's deed to honor Him would be told. Does that sound like Jesus thought there would be two gospels?

So did Jesus know there would be two gospels?

His disciples are a bad example as they never really understood the true nature of Jesus' kingdom until after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. They were still so full of themselves they denied Jesus knew what He was talking about when He told them they would all deny Him the night before His crucifixion.

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Mat 26:32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
Mat 26:33 Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
Mat 26:34 Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Mat 26:35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
Mat_26:35 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

So you're refusing to substantiate or retract your claim that we reject scripture, I take it?

Bearing false witness is a sin, Gary. Shame on you.

Gary K

Banned
  • Do you think that Jesus did not know the very gospels that He Himself gave?
  • Why do you believe that there are only two gospels?
  • There are many gospels in the Bible.

You must think that Jesus was a very poor teacher, since they were taught by Him during that entire time. They were with Him all of the time.

That's quite a claim.

Yes, they were fallible men. But the Bible also says that Christ's death from HID from them. Do you think that this was THEIR fault?

Luke 18:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
What's your evidence for that assertion? Jesus gives us evidence there is only one gospel in the Bible. The phrase "this gospel" is only used three times in the Bible and all three times were said by Jesus. The word "this" is only used in singular case.

Right Divider

Body part
What's your evidence for that assertion?
The Bible.
Jesus gives us evidence there is only one gospel in the Bible.
Wrong.
The phrase "this gospel" is only used three times in the Bible and all three times were said by Jesus. The word "this" is only used in singular case.
Duh... This gospel is talking about a specific gospel.

It's like I'm debating with a third grader.

Gary K

Banned
Do you have a Bible?
Simply search for the "gospel of...", you'll find lots of them.
So your claim is that each one of these are separate gospels? I find that very strange as they all refer to the gospel of the kingdom or the gospel of Christ. I see only one gospel in that search for how can the gospel of the kingdom be different than the gospel of Christ?

Right Divider

Body part
So your claim is that each one of these are separate gospels?
It is quite obvious that there are many gospels. They are labeled "the gospel of THIS" and "the gospel of THAT". If THIS and THAT were not different, there would be no reason to say anything other than THE gospel.
I find that very strange as they all refer to the gospel of the kingdom or the gospel of Christ.
No, they don't. What about the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the uncircumcision?
I see only one gospel in that search for how can the gospel of the kingdom be different than the gospel of Christ?
Your bias has blinded to you simple and obvious truth.

Gary K

Banned
It is quite obvious that there are many gospels. They are labeled "the gospel of THIS" and "the gospel of THAT". If THIS and THAT were not different, there would be no reason to say anything other than THE gospel.

No, they don't. What about the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the uncircumcision?

Your bias has blinded to you simple and obvious truth.
And you think only other people have any bias and you don't?

I have a big time bias but it is for truth. I got whipped and thrown out of the house for a night by my old man for that bias as a little kid so it's something that was born in me.

I don't believe in any gospels of circumcision or uncicumcision and neither did Paul.

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Right Divider

Body part
And you think only other people have any bias and you don't?
Did I say that? Stop making false accusations.
I have a big time bias but it is for truth.
What a coincidence! Me too!
I got whipped and thrown out of the house for a night by my old man for that bias as a little kid so it's something that was born in me.
Sorry to hear that, but completely irrelevant to our discussion.
I don't believe in any gospels of circumcision or uncicumcision and neither did Paul.
You don't seem to have a Bible.

Gal 2:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter;

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This is typical of those that do not understand what it means.

Gary K

Banned
Did I say that? Stop making false accusations.

What a coincidence! Me too!

Sorry to hear that, but completely irrelevant to our discussion.

You don't seem to have a Bible.

Gal 2:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as [the gospel] of the circumcision [was] unto Peter;

This is typical of those that do not understand what it means.
Then explain all three scriptural passages to me in a way that makes sense to me, not to you. You know, seek first to understand and then be understood rather than insult those who disagree with you..

I don't believe you are in the least bit sorry for what I went through as a kid. If you were you wouldn't continually insult me as it is very relevant to any discussion we have or I would not have brought it up.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Then explain all three scriptural passages to me in a way that makes sense to me, not to you.
That is both hilarious and sad. Things either make sense or not. You sound like those that use the term "my reality". I cannot help it that you cannot think straight.
You know, seek first to understand and then be understood rather than insult those who disagree with you..
Cry me a river.
I don't believe you are in the least bit sorry for what I went through as a kid.
What you believe does not affect my sorrow for your past. Or are you able to read my mind?
If you were you wouldn't continually insult me as it is very relevant to any discussion we have or I would not have brought it up.
Again, you are illogical.

Gary K

Banned
That is both hilarious and sad. Things either make sense or not. You sound like those that use the term "my reality". I cannot help it that you cannot think straight.

Cry me a river.

What you believe does not affect my sorrow for your past. Or are you able to read my mind?

Again, you are illogical.
Oh, well. You're without compassion. I'd rather be illogical than without compassion for Jesus was thought to be illogical by the Pharisees too but was full of compassion.

Right Divider

Body part
Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Thanks Mr. Judgemental.

I'm neither of those, you judgmental hypocrite.

Irrelevant to our discussion. Just another diversion on your part.
Ok. You demonstrate your lack of compassion in your insults to me just because I believe differently than you do..

Right Divider

Body part
Ok. You demonstrate your lack of compassion in your insults to me just because I believe differently than you do..
You are a confused liar Gary. You are constantly a hypocrite.
If you want to have an honest discussion, get on with it!
If you want to feel sorry for yourself, you're welcome to your own self pity.