Jesus taught existence after death

clefty

you said : So the story claims Abraham said that but Abraham ACTUALLY didnt...

you say Abraham & Lazarus were not in the place referred to as "Abraham side" you say a lie
you say "Abraham side" where Abraham & Lazarus were does not exist , you say that place is a lie
Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,

you say the rich man did not go to "Hades", you say a lie
you say the place "Hades" where the rich man went does not exist , you say that place is a lie
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Funny how this was NOT confirmed by Him when asked about Lazarus...He did NOT say he went somewhere...but was dead...it says clearly Lazarus was still in the tomb NOT called back from Abraham’s bosom

And the little girl too...people mocked Him to scorn for saying she is sleeping...not dead...He could have said she was on Abraham’s bosom...but she wasn’t she was dead...is why they mocked Him

way 2 go

Funny how this was NOT confirmed by Him when asked about Lazarus...He did NOT say he went somewhere...but was dead...it says clearly Lazarus was still in the tomb NOT called back from Abraham’s bosom

And the little girl too...people mocked Him to scorn for saying she is sleeping...not dead...He could have said she was on Abraham’s bosom...but she wasn’t she was dead...is why they mocked Him

says the guy who calls Jesus a liar

I'm guessing by that website isthatinthebible you linked too , you think more than just Jesus lied
you think the bible is full of lies.
Paul's shipwreck is a lie
The Exodus is a lie
I'm guessing why you hardly ever quote the bible and use conjecture, and try to
use absence of evidence as evidence ,which is not evidence you do not quote
the bible because you mostly don't believe the bible.

you say Abraham & Lazarus were not in the place referred to as "Abraham side" you say a lie
you say "Abraham side" where Abraham & Lazarus were does not exist , you say that place is a lie
Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,

you say the place "Hades" where the rich man went does not exist , you say that place is a lie
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

clefty

says the guy who calls Jesus a liar

I'm guessing by that website isthatinthebible you linked too , you think more than just Jesus lied
you think the bible is full of lies.
Paul's shipwreck is a lie
The Exodus is a lie
I'm guessing why you hardly ever quote the bible and use conjecture, and try to
use absence of evidence as evidence ,which is not evidence you do not quote
the bible because you mostly don't believe the bible.

Keep guessing...now you just flinging things hoping something anything sticks...

Yahushua taught in parables and when He quoted OT verses they could actually be found in the OT...

So He is quoting Abraham yes?

So here is a link:

http://www.bible.ca/b-canon-old-testament-quoted-by-jesus-and-apostles.htm

It is a list of OT verses quoted in the NT. I checked the list for the OT text Abraham is quoted as allegedly saying...couldn’t find it. Maybe you can?

Find me Abraham saying that in the OT and then you have a case...until then it remains a popular folk tale which has an alleged quote by Abraham...

and He used this folk tale to teach something other than the state of the dead...

way 2 go

Keep guessing...now you just flinging things hoping something anything sticks...

Yahushua taught in parables and when He quoted OT verses they could actually be found in the OT...

So He is quoting Abraham yes?

So here is a link:

It is a list of OT verses quoted in the NT. I checked the list for the OT text Abraham is quoted as allegedly saying...couldn’t find it. Maybe you can?

Find me Abraham saying that in the OT and then you have a case...until then it remains a popular folk tale which has an alleged quote by Abraham...

and He used this folk tale to teach something other than the state of the dead...

Abraham is dead at the time and only Jesus is speaking of this and Jesus is
the one risen from the dead that you do not believe .

clefty

Abraham is dead at the time
who’s bosom was he in then?

and only Jesus is speaking of this
ummm no not only He as it is a popular folk tale around for awhile He uses to teach something other than the Marxist popular myth “the poor will go to heaven...”

and Jesus is
the one risen from the dead that you do not believe .
no I do believe Him especially because He said His literal friend was DEAD and not in Abraham’s bosom...

well then you should be able to find the OT quote He is referencing from the list I provided...

References in the NT to OT quotes are easily found...

Please find me in the OT where Abraham says this...or any other mention to people going to Abraham’s bosom as a teaching to what happens to people when they die...

Did Noah go to Abraham’s bosom? Abel?

way 2 go

who’s bosom was he in then?
Did Noah go to Abraham’s bosom? Abel?

Jesus named it Abraham's side

ummm no not only He as it is a popular folk tale around for awhile He uses to teach something other than the Marxist popular myth “the poor will go to heaven...”

no I do believe Him especially because He said His literal friend was DEAD and not in Abraham’s bosom...

absence of evidence is not evidence

well then you should be able to find the OT quote He is referencing from the list I provided...

References in the NT to OT quotes are easily found...

Please find me in the OT where Abraham says this...or any other mention to people going to Abraham’s bosom as a teaching to what happens to people when they die...

you don't believe Moses and the prophets, and neither did the rich man
and are not convinced by Jesus rising from the dead

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.'
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"

clefty

You say He lied when He said His friend was dead...

And nothing about flames or Abraham’s bosom...

way 2 go

You say He lied when He said His friend was dead...

And nothing about flames or Abraham’s bosom...
:stuck:

clefty

:stuck:

The irony...

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2012/03/19/edzard-ernst-absence-of-evidence-is-not-evidence-of-absence/

way 2 go

The irony...

the truth is you don't believe Moses and the prophets, and neither did the rich man

Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.'
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"

clefty

the truth is you don't believe Moses and the prophets, and neither did the rich man

And now as typical...you must resort to false witness and weak attempts to slander...

Abraham was not laid on his own bosom...Moses was also not laid on Abraham’s bosom...neither were any of the prophets...

The One risen from the dead made no mention of seeing Abraham or flames...and NO ONE in real life was placed there...but He made clear that they were dead...and He brought their reward at the resurrection day...

Even poor Stephen stoned at the feet of Saul fell asleep...not into Abraham’s bosom...Acts 7:60

Still waiting for you to find that OT text He allegedly quoted Abraham on...

way 2 go

And now as typical...you must resort to false witness and weak attempts to slander...
Abraham was not laid on his own bosom...Moses was also not laid on Abraham’s bosom...neither were any of the prophets...
just saying I know you do not believe

The One risen from the dead made no mention of seeing Abraham or flames...and NO ONE in real life was placed there...but He made clear that they were dead...and He brought their reward at the resurrection day...
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad."

Even poor Stephen stoned at the feet of Saul fell asleep...not into Abraham’s bosom...Acts 7:60
Act 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Still waiting for you to find that OT text He allegedly quoted Abraham on...
oh-really-now.gif

clefty

just saying I know you do not believe

Folk tales are fun...

Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad."
hmmm...notice Abraham is not rejoicing still...and he “was glad” NOT “IS glad”...

Act 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Right...bodies to dust...spirit to Giver...all good there...and he is NOT up there naked/not clothed with the building of heaven

As if he is fluttering about only as a spirit unable to eat of the tree of life...

But come resurrection day when his spirit returns to him he will rise just like the little resurrected girl whose spirit returned to her...but Stephen will not die again...she did...

oh-really-now.gif

Yup...there should be an OT text of Abraham saying what you insist he actually said...

Or it remains a folk tale...a fun one...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Folk tales are fun...

hmmm...notice Abraham is not rejoicing still...and he “was glad” NOT “IS glad”...

Right...bodies to dust...spirit to Giver...all good there...and he is NOT up there naked/not clothed with the building of heaven

As if he is fluttering about only as a spirit unable to eat of the tree of life...

But come resurrection day when his spirit returns to him he will rise just like the little resurrected girl whose spirit returned to her...but Stephen will not die again...she did...

oh-really-now.gif

Yup...there should be an OT text of Abraham saying what you insist he actually said...

Or it remains a folk tale...a fun one...

Hey, Clefty, question for you.

What did Jesus say in Gethsemane about going to the cross? Did He say there was any other way?

clefty

Hey, Clefty, question for you.

What did Jesus say in Gethsemane about going to the cross? Did He say there was any other way?

Only one way...His Will (the Father’s) be done...not His own...

To the cross and beyond...”not Lord! Lord! But those that do My Father’s will”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Only one way...His Will (the Father’s) be done...not His own...

To the cross and beyond...”not Lord! Lord! But those that do My Father’s will”
Correct. He said if there be any other way, let this cup pass. But there wasn't any other way, was there? So He continued with going to the cross.

Now, Clefty, if there was any other way to deal with sin, do you think Christ would have done it? Say.... Annihilating mankind and starting over?

You see, when Christ said if there is any other way, He meant it. There really was no other way to deal with sin. Annihilation of man was not an option.

And it still isn't.

This is one of the main reasons we know that there is existence after death, because God cannot wipe out those who rebel against Him. It's not possible.

way 2 go

Correct. He said if there be any other way, let this cup pass. But there wasn't any other way, was there? So He continued with going to the cross.

Now, Clefty, if there was any other way to deal with sin, do you think Christ would have done it? Say.... Annihilating mankind and starting over?

You see, when Christ said if there is any other way, He meant it. There really was no other way to deal with sin. Annihilation of man was not an option.

And it still isn't.

This is one of the main reasons we know that there is existence after death, because God cannot wipe out those who rebel against Him. It's not possible.
:thumb:

clefty does not want to see