ECT Jesus Return

Danoh

I just experienced a nursing home up close and personal when my mom had to go in. She was placed in Hospice quite quickly and died after a week, but I thought about you when a pastor came around and asked to pray. It was a good time of fellowship and comfort for me even if my mom was not very aware. Bless you, Psalmist, for your years in that ministry.

Glorydaz, my most heartfelt for you as to your mom.

Please accept the following as an embrace of comfort in your moments ahead.

I have a friend who was born with a mental defect that every so often causes him to appear to lose conscious awareness through all his senses but for his sense of touch.

When that happens, he'll just stand, or sit there, and just feel around with his hands as if playing pin the tail on the donkey with a blindfold on., or as if attempting to make his way around in a dark room

Its a serious issue that could get him killed should he happen to find himself in the wrong place.

Observing him whenever that happens to him, I have concluded that he behaves that way, not because he is unaware, but because he is, at a very basic level.

This is obvious in the fact that during those moments, he behaves as if he is attempting to orient himself to his sudden loss of his sense of his surroundings with his other senses.

At some level your mom was still aware of you, especially given the mother and child bond. Just not how that is normally taken as "aware."

People have come out of comas to relate their having sensed their loved one's presence, for example.

And studies show that talking to a baby while it is still in the mom's womb will be picked on by the baby.

There is a level of awareness in all that that is not visual or verbal, and often, not even physical.

Rather, emotional; where one feels another's emotions, as babies do their mom's and mom's their babies'.

In neuroscience, this is referred to as mirror-neurons. At its subtlest expression, it enables the mom to communicate her love to her baby without words or even without holding the baby, as well as to pick up on the babies' moods, needs, love, etc., and likewise the baby to as to its mom's.

We never lose this between ourselves and those we interact with. We just tend to lose our awareness of just how aware of one another we really are.

Take all this, sis, as the poetry about you and your mom, and your mom and you, that it is meant to be.

Yours in the Son,

glorydaz

Glorydaz, my most heartfelt for you as to your mom.

Please accept the following as an embrace of comfort in your moments ahead.

I have a friend who was born with a mental defect that every so often causes him to appear to lose conscious awareness through all his senses but for his sense of touch.

When that happens, he'll just stand, or sit there, and just feel around with his hands as if playing pin the tail on the donkey with a blindfold on., or as if attempting to make his way around in a dark room

Its a serious issue that could get him killed should he happen to find himself in the wrong place.

Observing him whenever that happens to him, I have concluded that he behaves that way, not because he is unaware, but because he is, at a very basic level.

This is obvious in the fact that during those moments, he behaves as if he is attempting to orient himself to his sudden loss of his sense of his surroundings with his other senses.

At some level your mom was still aware of you, especially given the mother and child bond. Just not how that is normally taken as "aware."

People have come out of comas to relate their having sensed their loved one's presence, for example.

And studies show that talking to a baby while it is still in the mom's womb will be picked on by the baby.

There is a level of awareness in all that that is not visual or verbal, and often, not even physical.

Rather, emotional; where one feels another's emotions, as babies do their mom's and mom's their babies'.

In neuroscience, this is referred to as mirror-neurons. At its subtlest expression, it enables the mom to communicate her love to her baby without words or even without holding the baby, as well as to pick up on the babies' moods, needs, love, etc., and likewise the baby to as to its mom's.

We never lose this between ourselves and those we interact with. We just tend to lose our awareness of just how aware of one another we really are.

Take all this, sis, as the poetry about you and your mom, and your mom and you, that it is meant to be.

Yours in the Son,

Yes, and that so cool you should say that about your friend. My mom did that exact same thing. When I leaned over her, she would feel this embroidered flower that was on my shirt, and stare at it while she ran her fingers over it. Then she would give me such a look of love when I would adjust her pillow...even when she would go back to staring at something on the wall. And when I would sing certain songs....like Love Me Tender or Tennessee Waltz she would raise her eyebrows...I was sure she heard.

Thank you, Danoh, for your kind words....what a blessing that was to hear.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:e4e: Thank you. I've in and out over the past month, been getting use to oxygen 24/7, and retiring from the 37 years in the nursing home ministry of which eight of those years here in Houston/Katy Texas, which I haven't excepted be slowed down very well.[/COLOR][/INDENT]

Amen. i know you are getting the best care possible and God's blessings/promises. take care and stay in touch !!!!!!!

Livelystone

Well let's see, yes. It was when the TOL admin had to do some maintenance stuff to TOL. I had 10,000+ posts, and when they were done I had 8,000 something posts.

It was explained that it was a needful maintenance to do, so everybody here on TOL lost some post, many posts, and a lot of posts.

And here's :e4e: to the TOL admin and staff for keeping this whole held together so we can indulge ourselves in our sometimes daily fix of "TOL"

Thank you for the correction

This has been one of those times when it has been better to be wrong then right

Doug

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Return

Posting about lost posts, how prevalent is the subject/topic "Jesus Return" or "The Second Coming" and what have we read about and by who?

I know we all have our favorite subject/topic, still I was thinking how prevalent and popular is the subject/topic about "The Second Coming"

DAN P

Where do you think we are on God's clock concerning the return of Jesus and the gathering a way of the Church?

Do not afraid to state your position, it is your position. You do not have to explain pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib.

What is the next thing that will bring the Jesus return and the gathering away.

Is there anything in the way to at this time that prevents it.

Of course God is on time every time.

The Second Coming is a favorite of mine and of those ate nursing home, because soon we'll be with Jesus and all our trials will be over -- Amen! and Amen!

Hallelujah I can hardly wait ... Even so come Lord Jesus!

Hi and there is only ONE thing to be complete before the DEPARTURE / RAPTURE and the Great tribulation begins , and that is Rom 11:25 , until the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in ."

dan p

turbosixx

Where do you think we are on God's clock concerning the return of Jesus and the gathering a way of the Church?

Do not afraid to state your position, it is your position. You do not have to explain pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib.

What is the next thing that will bring the Jesus return and the gathering away.

Is there anything in the way to at this time that prevents it.

Of course God is on time every time.

The Second Coming is a favorite of mine and of those ate nursing home, because soon we'll be with Jesus and all our trials will be over -- Amen! and Amen!

Hallelujah I can hardly wait ... Even so come Lord Jesus!

I think about when he pulled the plug the first time and he let the number of good people get very low so it might be a while. One thing I think might speed his return is genetic research. I think if they start doing things they shouldn't be doing he will end it.

Livelystone

Hi and there is only ONE thing to be complete before the DEPARTURE / RAPTURE and the Great tribulation begins , and that is Rom 11:25 , until the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in ."

dan p

LOL. as if there is ever going to come a time when the church will be physically removed from the earth??????

Not only does the erroneous concept of the church physically leaving earth violate commandments of Jesus given to us, it (the caught up ones to be with the Lord in Thess) the truth of the "it" is the church teaching of the rapture (that did not come from God) at the very least gnores the same situation evidence presented in the OT from when the Lord has said He will return to Mt. Zion to be with those who are His within the clouds; the same clouds as a mountain is in the clouds but still on earth!

The doctrine of the rapture is one of satan's most successful success's against the church!

Do yourself a favor and study up some before responding

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eschatology, the study of last things, right?

I do an on going study of N/T and "Last Things" -- there been a lot written about the "Gathering Away" and Jesus' "Second Coming" -- I find it is important first to read and study what Jesus said, then read and study further what the N/T writers wrote.

This also may give light as to what also is a momentary delay...the restrainer, as I read it would be the Holy Spirit.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

And when the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, then the Lawless One's activities will surely escalate.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Return

Livelystone, so the teaching/doctrine of the "Second Coming" or the "Rapture" is a thing wrought by satan. I was wondering what Scriptural references you've found to secure irrefutable proof that it is a satanic doctrine found in the N/T.

Livelystone

Livelystone, so the teaching/doctrine of the "Second Coming" or the "Rapture" is a thing wrought by satan. I was wondering what Scriptural references you've found to secure irrefutable proof that it is a satanic doctrine found in the N/T.

Hello Psalmist,

Taking care of what is easy first, since Satan is the father of all lies if the doctrine of the rapture is as I say a lie, this makes it to be a doctrine of satan who is the father of all lies...... Amen? I think so

Regarding the passage you have referenced but in the KJV.......

2Thess.2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

What I have in red in verse 7 translated from the original language refers to when the guardians of the truth were taken out of the way. It should not be hard to understand the original apostles were the only guardians of the truth ever approved of by God, and for that matter their being taken out of the way was the destruction of the temple prophesied of by Jesus

John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

The temple of the Lord is the Body of Jesus that is a many membered body. While today He is the Head in heaven for those on earth worshipping Him in spirit and in truth, back then He was also the head of the temple of His body that consisted on not just Him but the 11 who along with Paul would make up His body on earth that continued along just fine after Jesus was crucified, resurrected and ascended up until the last of them was taken "out of the way" 62 years after the ascension

How do we know it was 62 years later?

Because of the same OT passage that the apostles understood in full the prophecy of Jesus who along with the apostles were the "builders of the way".

Dan. 24: Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The last apostle to die was John who was the final "livelystone" neatly fitted together making up the many membered Body of Christ on earth to be torn down as one stone on another 62 years after the ascension......... consequently making a sham of the doctrines of MAD as well as a significant part of Scriptures being erroneously used to support the false doctrine of the rapture.

However, there are other scriptures you will submit in support of the rapture as you currently believe it to be.

I will give you time to digest what I have so far before going on to the "man of sin sitting in the temple where he ought not be" and what you will soon ask about us being caught up in the clouds with Him.

It would be nice if for simplicity sake this can remain "one on one" with the two of us although I realize that may not be possible. Consequently I will not repeat explanations already made by me to latecomers to the discussion.

Livelystone

Eschatology, the study of last things, right?

I do an on going study of N/T and "Last Things" -- there been a lot written about the "Gathering Away" and Jesus' "Second Coming" -- I find it is important first to read and study what Jesus said, then read and study further what the N/T writers wrote.

This also may give light as to what also is a momentary delay...the restrainer, as I read it would be the Holy Spirit.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

And when the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, then the Lawless One's activities will surely escalate.

I have highlighted in bold what I am directing my reply to

Simply put if the Holy Spirit is taken off of the earth, means there will be no more persons "saved" on earth without rewriting the entire definition of what being saved means. Consequently, in dealing with those in the Bible who by most are considered to come to Christ during what is called the "great tribulation," how do you get around this if there is no more Holy Spirit on earth?

I understand there are some evangelical denominations that adhere to this but there is no support for this take on Paul's words anywhere else in the scriptures making it a "private interpretation" not acceptable for the edification of the children of God.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well talk about shoot myself in the foot. I got myself in trouble this time, and all posted was the that verse about He who restrains is taken out of the way lawlessness will increase (I think at an alarming rate) I suppose that we Evangelical/Pentecostals have it all wrong. I still stand by when the restrainer (Holy Spirit) is taken out of the way, mankind will have free for all. Likes of which has never until the day the Holy Spirit is taken out if the way.

Livelystone

Well talk about shoot myself in the foot. I got myself in trouble this time, and all posted was the that verse about He who restrains is taken out of the way lawlessness will increase (I think at an alarming rate) I suppose that we Evangelical/Pentecostals have it all wrong. I still stand by when the restrainer (Holy Spirit) is taken out of the way, mankind will have free for all. Likes of which has never until the day the Holy Spirit is taken out if the way.

After the last apostle was taken out of the way the law was no longer used as a schoolteacher to point the way and establish the necessary guidelines and foundational truths needed for the fulness of Christ to be formed in us (He.6 1-2). Other than using the law to condemn others the church has thrown the law out and become "lawless" consequently taking on one false doctrine after another all because they have discarded the law

Knowing the truth is better than not knowing it and while there is an event being spoken of when Paul speaks of being caught to be with Christ in the clouds it is not the church leaving the earth

For that matter God has often appeared out of a cloud such as in the clouds of smoke from the incense burned in the OT tabernacle in the Wilderness and on Mt Sinai when the law was given to Moses. Obviously both of these places were on earth as is Zion in the clouds on earth which is where the tabernacle of David is set up and the Lord has said He will return to

BTW, man is a spirit and the man of sin sitting in the temple is when the unclean spirit of Adam (AKA spirit of man) returns and takes over the heart of a Christian who should have the Holy Spirit of Christ living in and ruling from their heart

Last edited:

glorydaz

I don't think that is far fetched at all.....and don't worry, I shoot myself in the foot all the time. ;)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Hi,

There are two aspects to that, not one.

The Holy Spirit restrains the flesh in the churches,

and the churches restrain sin in the world.

The abomination of desolation occurs when the churches refuse the restraining of their flesh, (that is what the antichrist is) and the world runs amok with its flesh.

Guess who the world destroys.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The AofD occurred when Jesus said, in the 1st century temple, causing it to be decimated.

The abominating of the OT temple occurred before Jesus appeared to Israel, (which is why He came to judge it by His Fathers Word)

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The same principle and timeline occurs before Christs second coming (the prophets speak this time Rev.ch 11).

Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

First the churches judgment Rev.ch 9 and then the world.

iamaberean

The abominating of the OT temple occurred before Jesus appeared to Israel, (which is why He came to judge it by His Fathers Word)
Jesus was saying to his disciples, "when you see", some of them would see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel. The abomination was the destruction of the temple by Gentiles.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Again, Jesus is speaking to his disciples and the Jews of that generation.

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Their house, which in the temple, is left desolate.

Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
"For I say unto you (my disciples} you shall not see me again until I come in judgment"

The same principle and timeline occurs before Christs second coming (the prophets speak this time Rev.ch 11).
It happened in their generation, just as Jesus said it would.

Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
Jesus is telling John that he must prophesy.

First the churches judgment Rev.ch 9 and then the world.
I don't see that, show me scriptural evidence!