JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

WLJ....I think there is something in the rules about just listing a bunch of Scriptures without comment. That does not facilitate discussion.

KingdomRose

H3068 יְהֹוָה yehôvâh yeh-ho-vaw' From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069. (Stong's)​

Is Jesus Christ immortal (self existent), or can he die?

Only God is immortal ... not humans and not angels.

You're not making any sense, Jamie. Immortal doesn't mean "self-existent." The humans that will be taken to heaven to rule with Jesus will be immortal, but they certainly aren't "self-existent," are they?

Paul said that those co-rulers with Christ would "put on immortality." (I Corinthians 15:53) Whoever is teaching you is way off base. Maybe you should look elsewhere for truth.

KingdomRose

I say that you are a complete twit.

That means, I guess, that you cannot explain how YHWH is talking to Himself and anointing Himself in those Scriptures. He is clearly talking to somebody, and is plainly anointing someone, and it looks like it is someone OTHER THAN HIMSELF. But you have nothing to say to support the ludicrous contention that YHWH is Jesus?

KingdomRose

John 8:58 (NIV2011)
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

YHWH = I AM who I am.

Ridiculous. Jesus didn't say such a thing. He didn't use such twisted and sloppy sentences, with present and past tenses all mixed up.

What he said was, "Before Abraham was born, I existed." There are many versions of the Bible that recognize this fact. He wasn't indicating that he was God; he was saying that he existed before Abraham.

In John 8:58 Jesus uses the common wording, "ego eimi," in Greek. A few verses later we see a man blind from birth also using the same wording and saying "ego eimi"..."I am he." If anyone needs proof that ego eimi need not be a quote from the Old Testament, and is NOT reserved as a title for "God"---here it is. If "ego eimi" is not a divine self-proclamation in the mouth of the blind man in John 9:9, then it cannot be such a proclamation in the mouth of Jesus, just a few verses before that. If we are to accept your reasoning that what Jesus said at John 8:58 ("ego eimi") has to be taken as a declaration that he is God, then the blind man is also God.

Let him who has ears to hear, hear.

KingdomRose

That is right. There is only one God and He is the Father.

Since Jesus is God, then he is that One God and Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Jesus is NOT God. We are to believe that he is God because....? Jesus said to the Father, "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) He didn't say "we." They are obviously two different individuals.

KingdomRose

Jesus wouldn't have saved me if I had not believed him and obeyed him and repened of my sins.

Guess what.....you aren't saved for eternity YET. Nobody is. Jesus said: "He that endures to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24:13) You've got quite a bit yet to learn.

KingdomRose

Here's the way it is: The Trinity is made up of, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Yet, they are ONE. I hope that clears things up for you, however, I realize you're a "Jehovah Witness" therefore, you have problems accepting the Scriptures as they are written.

That's very comical, GM. You say I have a problem "accepting the Scriptures as they are written." Yet you cannot show me a single place in the Bible that says "God the Son." Could it be YOU who has trouble accepting the Scriptures as they are written?

Scoroccio

I am not a trinitarian but I can see the flaw in your reasoning, unless you are arguing against modalists? Real Trinitarians do NOT believe Jesus is the Father. They see them as distinct persons sharing in the one "Godhead" with the third person. You look silly if you make this misstake, if you are engaing modalists however you are correct.

What trinitarians do is that they say Jehovah refers to both the whole trinity and sometimes to just one of the persons within the trinity. Of course this is completely incoherent and makes it hard to reason with them since they are always changing the meaning of the terms used. Sometime "God" means the trinity sometimes it refers to a type of "nature", neither is to be found in the Bible.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the name here?

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Tell them, 'Jehovah, the God of your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my eternal NAME, to be used throughout all generations." (The Living Bible)

Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"

And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"​

God said his name is I AM, is that what you call him?

KingdomRose

I am not a trinitarian but I can see the flaw in your reasoning, unless you are arguing against modalists? Real Trinitarians do NOT believe Jesus is the Father. They see them as distinct persons sharing in the one "Godhead" with the third person. You look silly if you make this misstake, if you are engaing modalists however you are correct.

What trinitarians do is that they say Jehovah refers to both the whole trinity and sometimes to just one of the persons within the trinity. Of course this is completely incoherent and makes it hard to reason with them since they are always changing the meaning of the terms used. Sometime "God" means the trinity sometimes it refers to a type of "nature", neither is to be found in the Bible.

You're calling me "silly"? Perhaps you are not, but anyway, I created this thread after someone else started a thread titled "Jesus is YHWH." Apparently there are many here who believe in the Trinity AND that Jesus is the Father!

glorydaz

You're calling me "silly"? Perhaps you are not, but anyway, I created this thread after someone else started a thread titled "Jesus is YHWH." Apparently there are many here who believe in the Trinity AND that Jesus is the Father!

Only God's UNtruth believes Jesus is the Father. Looks like maybe you don't have the understanding of what we believe like you might think you do. :chew:

KingdomRose

Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"

And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"​

God said his name is I AM, is that what you call him?
No God did not say that His NAME was "I Am." "I Am" just set up the fact of God's name being "Jehovah." "I Am" was an explanation or an indication of what "Jehovah" meant. Why do you ignore the next verse which says clearly that JEHOVAH is His name, and we must use it always?

glorydaz

You don't understand what Trinitarians believe either. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.