JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

John 8:58 (NIV2011)
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

YHWH = I AM who I am.

That is right. There is only one God and He is the Father.

Since Jesus is God, then he is that One God and Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Truster

Jesus wouldn't have saved me if I had not believed him and obeyed him and repened of my sins.

You didn't possess the spiritual endowment of trust. Any obedience was a filthy rag. You do not have the capacity or power to repent. Therefore He didn't save you, but you fooled yourself into thinking He had.

God's Truth

You didn't possess the spiritual endowment of trust. Any obedience was a filthy rag. You do not have the capacity or power to repent. Therefore He didn't save you, but you fooled yourself into thinking He had.

I trusted every word Jesus said, I trusted so much that I did exactly as he said to do.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

Truster

I trusted every word Jesus said, I trusted so much that I did exactly as he said to do.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

You are so busy trying to twist my meaning and twist the scriptures you are putting a noose around you neck.

God's Truth

You are so busy trying to twist my meaning and twist the scriptures you are putting a noose around you neck.

No lying messenger of doom and gloom and condemnation. I am here to speak about my love of God to others I thought love God. I do not usually ever speak to atheists, I want to speak with others who profess Christ; but I do not expect to constantly hear judgments that are not true.

Truster

No lying messenger of doom and gloom and condemnation. I am here to speak about my love of God to others I thought love God. I do not usually ever speak to atheists, I want to speak with others who profess Christ; but I do not expect to constantly hear judgments that are not true.

You are an atheist.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What sacrilege it is to say that Jesus Christ---the Son of God---is YHWH, his own Father! I submit that it is exceedingly clear to any Bible reader that Jesus is a separate person from his Father, YHWH.

I asked EvilEye on another thread to explain how Jesus and YHWH could be the same Person when taking Psalm 110 & Isaiah 61:1,2 into consideration, and he never addressed my question. He threw out other verses, rather than answering my posts, which I explained to him why he was in error....but he didn't want to discuss any of that. He and his fan club don't bother to discuss things, they just cast aspersions and call names. I am a spewer of dung and a low-life cultist. How sweet.

Does anyone here want to humbly condescend to commenting on these two Scriptures that show---to me---that YHWH and His Son are not the same Person? (And these are just two of MANY.)

(1) "The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord: Sit at My right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. The rod of thy strength doth Jehovah send from Zion, Rule in the midst of thine enemies." (Psalm 110:1,2, Young's Literal Translation) Peter applied this scripture to Jesus at Acts 2:34-36.

(2) "The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is on me, because Jehovah did anoint me to proclaim tidings to the humble, He sent me to bind the broken of heart, to proclaim to captives liberty, and to bound ones an opening of bands. To proclaim the year of the good pleasure of Jehovah, and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all mourners." (Isaiah 61:1,2. Young's) Jesus applied this scripture to himself at Luke 4:16-21.

What say you?
Shalom.

Jesus, Yeshua, is not YHVH, Yahveh. I do not know what YHWH is.

Shalom.

Jacob

KingdomRose

God has always existed as 3.
However, until the incarnation,
God did not become permanently
joined with the human race.

So, some O.T. verses will address
"the son" as if he already existed,
prior to his incarnation.

BTW, there are many appearances
of God in human form in the O.T.
and He received worship from man.

Come ye near unto ME, hear ye this;
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
from the time that it was, there am I:
and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent ME.

1 + 1 + 1 Isaiah 48:16

I asked you to explain how God would be talking to Himself in Psalm 110, and how God would be anointing Himself and sending Himself as described in Isaiah 61.

KingdomRose

Your experience here is typical of someone who believes scripture on your topic.

I asked people to tell me how Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61 show that YHWH is the same Person that He is talking to and the same person He is anointing. What kind of answer is "your experience here is typical..." etc., etc.?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What sacrilege it is to say that Jesus Christ---the Son of God---is YHWH, his own Father! I submit that it is exceedingly clear to any Bible reader that Jesus is a separate person from his Father, YHWH.

Here's the way it is: The Trinity is made up of, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Yet, they are ONE. I hope that clears things up for you, however, I realize you're a "Jehovah Witness" therefore, you have problems accepting the Scriptures as they are written.

KingdomRose

Confirmation bias isnt required here. As the fact is the Trinity and the belief that Jesus is God is thoroughly pagan. I know thats difficult for some 'Christians' to accept as its been a fundamental dogma thats been rooted in organised Christendom since the Council of Nicea in the 4th Century. But the reality is its a pagan teaching that has zero origin in the Bible.

Even when examined from a secular standpoint putting religion entirely to one side the abundance of evidence proving that the Trinity is pagan is overwhelming. Thus by all accounts its clearly a distinctly false teaching as Jesus and Jehovah are simply NOT the same person. Regardless the mental gymnastics required to believe that 3 'individuals' are some how one person is asinine.

Thank you, SonOfCaleb! I totally agree! So far no one has offered any explanation as to how YHWH and Jesus are the same Persons as presented in Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

God's Truth

Thank you, SonOfCaleb! I totally agree! So far no one has offered any explanation as to how YHWH and Jesus are the same Persons as presented in Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

I explained the truth to you. Are you really that dishonest? You haven't even responded to what I posted.

KingdomRose

The term YHWH simply means self-existent, i.e., immortal.

Scripture says Jesus Christ is immortal, i.e., YHWH.

YHWH is not a proper name.

Oh yes YHWH IS a proper name. Practically everyone in the world understands that it is a proper name!

You must have missed YHWH's (Jehovah's) pronouncement at Exodus 3:15 where he said to Moses:

"Tell them, 'Jehovah, the God of your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my eternal NAME, to be used throughout all generations." (The Living Bible)

His NAME, "Jehovah," means the He will be whatever he needs to be to fulfill His purposes. The name "Jesus" means "Salvation of Jehovah." Jesus is Jehovah's MEANS of providing salvation to mankind. They are not the same Person.

BTW, just because Scripture says that Jesus Christ is immortal that doesn't make him Jehovah. Just wondering---do you think that Jesus prayed to Himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.