JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
both as Spirit and then as flesh. I completely disagree on both points (among others).

I don't agree with everything he claims, but he is not vile like those trin believer persecutors such as you.

He does not have evil spirit like many of you.

daqq

No.

You could easily make a statement that you do believe Jesus was without spot and that His shed blood did atone for sin.

but instead you say I am lying.

LA

Testimony is SPIRIT but because you walk according to the flesh you cannot fully believe such statements from the Master, (neither can you believe Paul even as I quoted him from 2Cor 5:16-17 earlier in this thread concerning this same subject matter). And because of John 6 you therefore teach what is tantamount to theoretical cannibalism by way of your flesh-minded carnal doctrine. You might as well go become a Catholic because transubstantiation is the only way you can now slither your way out of your carnal doctrine concerning the Messiah. The Testimony of Messiah is the Spirit of Grace, (Heb 10:29), and therefore, because of the statement in that passage, his Testimony is his blood because he paid for that Testimony with his own life and blood at Golgotha: every time you trample his Testimony you trample his blood, though you likely know it not. Your carnal doctrine is killing you. I am not your problem; your problem is your carnal mind which you allow to rule over you. None of this would even be necessary if you would have simply believed the scripture that was posted. Psalm 40 does not speak of the carnal flesh body of a physical man: DUH! It speaks of a Torah Scroll, The Word. Please go study and stop making false accusations like a spoiled brat still in your mother's milk.

Jerry Shugart

There are two sitting on the throne, father and son.

Then why did John only see One?:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

There is only One who is the Alpha and Omega, the begiing and the end and that is God. And that is exactly how the Lord Jesus described Himself at Revelation 22:13.

CherubRam

You assume too much. And no, the filioque wasn't the only one.

Incorrect. It is contained in the Textus Receptus

Textus Receptus (Latin: "received text")

I was speaking of the GREEK TEXT.

KJV 1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it.

So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."

This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This verse can be variously translated and does NOT indicate or prove Jesus is YHWH, but simply refers to the appearing of God's glory in the person of the Lord Jesus. Paul in the previous chapter and almost all of his epistles clearly makes a distinction between God the Father and the Lord Jesus.

For more on this passage go Link Removed. :thumb:
Please do not put up links as such. I am giving you a courtesy of just removing the link this time. Next I you will be given a timeout for posting spam. TOL is not to be a clearing house for this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.