JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

You desperately need a study bible Lon. Let us take a peek at history for one moment:

KJV 1 John 5:7 implicitly states that all THREE are ONE.

This is the only verse in the Bible that explicitly states that all three persons are one.
Unfortunately, it was added to that verse.
You assume too much. And no, the filioque wasn't the only one.

No earlier version includes that last phrase about them being one.
Incorrect. It is contained in the Textus Receptus

The first 2 additions of Erasmus' master Greek text did not have this.
Rather the Eastern copies didn't have it.

Stunica (a Catholic authority) demanded that he include the phrase.
Erasmus told Stunica that if he could provide one Greek manuscript with that phrase, he would include it.
But no Greek manuscripts up to that time had it.
Only Latin manuscripts had it. So Stunica had a Greek manuscript made up from the Latin and forced Erasmus to include it.
That is the way one of the stories goes the best we can do is guess and speculate. Arians have a better reason to second-guess. Why? Committed to a doctrine...

In 1514, before Erasmus had even begun to edit his text, but its publication was delayed until 1522, until permission of Pope Leo X had finally been obtained for it.

"The supreme Pontiff Leo X, Our Most Holy Father in Christ and Lord, desiring to favour this undertaking, sent from the apostolic library."

This claim seems to have been accepted by all at that time.
In view of its inclusion in the Clementine edition of the Latin Vulgate (1592), in 1897 the Holy Office in Rome, a high ecclesiastical congregation, made an authoritative pronouncement, approved and confirmed by Pope Leo XIII, that it is not safe to deny that this verse is an authentic part of St. John's Epistle."
Which provides a 'better' reason for it being in the text than the speculation for removing it. To me? Not really part of this discussion so not pertinent at present. It isn't what was being discussed.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So did I. Didn't help. If you can't read, you are stuck with second-hand information with no way to verify anything.

There is no way you could assert anything because of it. You try, but with no ability so no authority. You are stuck parroting those you 'trust.'

I don't trust them. I do trust my own ability. I trust a few who can do it better than me as well.

Hear Jesus or read Greek?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Some truth 4 U.........

Some truth 4 U.........

So is the blood of His atonement.

Physical blood has no power to cleanse a soul, but repentance does, my commentary on 'blood-atonement' thru-out the years holds :) until I see a need to change views. 'Blood' has symbolic value and meaning depending on context.

Your bible is U-rant.

FALSE. I'm a student of universal knowledge, comparative religions, metaphysics, theosophy, theology, etc....and this includes the religious writings (scriptures) within these various schools and traditions. Unlike yourself, I've never presented or claimed the UB to be inerrant, infallible or the only word of God,....it just happens be a most fascinating volume of contemporary religious science and philosophy. Those interested can check out the appropriate thread :thumb: (don't forget the 1st amendment ;) )

The whole Unitarian/Trinitarian debate, particularly on Jesus being YHWH or NOT being YHWH is so much semantics, with the latter blending multiple personalities into one 'God' so that it's view can assume all personalities as being 'God', but still seperate and distinct. It allows for a more expansive confusion.

There is no sense you are even involved in any way between us.

I hold my own in discussions, and expound knowledge accordingly, thank you. Respect. I aim for 'creative dialogue'.....since all that is happening is Consciousness engaging itself. Consciousness is all there is.

You don't esteem the scriptures as the only authority base.

Of course I don't, because you can't put what is Infinite in a box. You cant limit 'God' to a book. Books are traditional means of relating knowledge, of course....but they are limited forms of symbol and glyph, subject to translation and interpretation.

I can enjoy the Vedas, Upanishads, Tao Te Ching, Bagavad Gita and other writings both ancient and more modern, along with the Bible. These are all the heritage of mankind, whose source is one one universal Spirit.

The infinite One has many names, offsprings and forms....but it's essence is one. Trinitarians assume the same thing but put more confining qualifications on their concept of 'God'.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:nono: You might find a few ideas like 'only begotten' but begotten doesn't mean "didn't exist."

Tryin' to make them mights fly again?

King James Version
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Physical blood has no power to cleanse a soul, but repentance does, my commentary on 'blood-atonement' thru-out the years holds :) until I see a need to change views. 'Blood' has symbolic value and meaning depending on context.

FALSE. I'm a student of universal knowledge, comparative religions, metaphysics, theosophy, theology, etc....and this includes the religious writings (scriptures) within these various schools and traditions. Unlike yourself, I've never presented or claimed the UB to be inerrant, infallible or the only word of God,....it just happens be a most fascinating volume of contemporary religious science and philosophy. Those interested can check out the appropriate thread :thumb: (don't forget the 1st amendment ;) )

The whole Unitarian/Trinitarian debate, particularly on Jesus being YHWH or NOT being YHWH is so much semantics, with the latter blending multiple personalities into one 'God' so that it's view can assume all personalities as being 'God', but still seperate and distinct. It allows for a more expansive confusion.

I hold my own in discussions, and expound knowledge accordingly, thank you. Respect. I aim for 'creative dialogue'.....since all that is happening is Consciousness engaging itself. Consciousness is all there is.

Of course I don't, because you can't put what is Infinite in a box. You cant limit 'God' to a book. Books are traditional means of relating knowledge, of course....but they are limited forms of symbol and glyph, subject to translation and interpretation.

I can enjoy the Vedas, Upanishads, Tao Te Ching, Bagavad Gita and other writings both ancient and more modern, along with the Bible. These are all the heritage of mankind, whose source is one one universal Spirit.

The infinite One has many names, offsprings and forms....but it's essence is one. Trinitarians assume the same thing but put more confining qualifications on their concept of 'God'.

God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy.

marhig

There is only one Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and that is the LORD God. Here we can see that there is only "One" sitting upon "the Throne of God and of the Lamb":

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

Now let us look at another place where we see "God" sitting upon that throne:

There are two sitting on the throne, father and son. And the father is God Almighty and he has exalted the son and set him at his a right hand and Jesus said that all power has been given to him, and that power is given off the father. Everything that Jesus Christ has comes from God the father because the father is the Almighty God. And Christ Jesus said that without the father he could do nothing!

Revelation 3:21-22

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Matthew 28:18

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 3:34

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

And Christ Jesus is under subjection to God

1 Corinthians 15:28

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

glorydaz

There are two sitting on the throne, father and son. And the father is God Almighty and he has exalted the son and set him at his a right hand and Jesus said that all power has been given to him, and that power is given off the father. Everything that Jesus Christ has comes from God the father because the father is the Almighty God. And Christ Jesus said that without the father he could do nothing!

Revelation 3:21-22

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Matthew 28:18

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

John 3:34

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

And Christ Jesus is under subjection to God

1 Corinthians 15:28

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

You don't seem to understand that Jesus was saying that in His humanity. He was with God and was God in the beginning. He created all things, before He came down from heaven to dwell among us.

Sadly, by calling Jesus a lesser God you align yourself with all the cults of the world. :nono:

marhig

I suspect you would take that Greek class when one comes available around you (they are available from online Colleges).

And you do. You are listening now.
We don't need Greek classes once we are born of God, as the Holy Spirit teaches us all things that we need.

John 14:25

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

And it doesn't matter how uneducated we are, as long as Christ is with us!

Acts 4:13

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Reactions: Lon

marhig

You don't seem to understand that Jesus was saying that in His humanity. He was with God and was God in the beginning. He created all things, before He came down from heaven to dwell among us.

Sadly, by calling Jesus a lesser God you align yourself with all the cults of the world. :nono:
No I'm saying exactly what it says in the Bible, that Christ Jesus receives everything from he Father, whom Jesus himself says is his God, and that Christ the son is under subjection to God.

By the way, Paul also said that the head of Christ is God.

Thus, the father is the Almighty God!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

I prescribe 2 teaspoons of liberalism and a good night's sleep for you. :(

marhig

Not a chance.

Why wouldn't I be?
Yes we don't need Greek, or any other language, just the word of God and the language of love! And our Lord Jesus said, that there is no greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends! If we have faith, and we are willing to let go of our life to bare witness to the truth through Christ, then God won't leave us and he will give us what we need to speak, when we need it, without being highly educated and having knowledge of every language!

And Jesus said the two greatest commandments are to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, minds, soul and strength, and love our neighbour as ourselves. And upon these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

It's not knowing every language, it's having the power of the Spirit, and being full of God's love! Every person of every language understands love! :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Newsflash

Newsflash

News flash:

Lon just reported me in the Woodshed here, regarding my response to JS on Titus 2:13 - sorry, but my link regarding the passage is ON TOPIC....and is an appropriate article of information for this discussion. The site is not "anti-Christ" (it just doesn't agree with his idea about Christ). I have used links in my posts for years in support of constructive discussion on the subjects at hand and disagree with what appears to be an effort to censor and discriminate unfairly here, an example being my recent bans against harmless discussion of gender regarding nature and even gender expressed in the divine nature which is its source. For those who missed this see here. - I hold my ground.

We would be reminded that this is the 'Religion' section and are free to respectfully discuss all aspects and subjects of a religious nature, this includes all dimensions of subjectivity and objectivity.

~*~*~

Heading:

Religion

Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way, are you saying that the entire Psalm is only about king David? Because if not then you are twisting and subverting the scripture to fit your own paradigm-mindset. If the portion you say refers to "David speaking" actually does only refer to David himself, (Psa 40:12-13), then so does the portion which is quoted in Heb 10:5-7, which "Beameup" quoted, which is the quote from Psa 40:6-8. There is no break in the context or change in subject in that section of the Psalm. You, like "Beameup", are baking your own fancy cake which is not found in the passage: you are twisting the context to suit your own dogma, inserting your own mind and reasoning into the text, reading yourself into the passage to please yourself at the expense of the scripture. :down:

You have clearly denied that Christ was without spot, and said His shed blood was not necessary to atone for sins.

You try to reason your way out of it, but you remain a speaker of blasphemy.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
News flash:

Lon just reported me in the Woodshed here, regarding my response to JS on Titus 2:13 - sorry, but my link regarding the passage is ON TOPIC....and is an appropriate article of information for this discussion. The site is not "anti-Christ" (it just doesn't agree with his idea about Christ). I have used links in my posts for years in support of constructive discussion on the subjects at hand and disagree with what appears to be an effort to censor and discriminate unfairly here, an example being my recent bans against harmless discussion of gender regarding nature and even gender expressed in the divine nature which is its source. For those who missed this see here. - I hold my ground.

We would be reminded that this is the 'Religion' section and are free to respectfully discuss all aspects and subjects of a religious nature, this includes all dimensions of subjectivity and objectivity.

~*~*~

Heading:

Religion

Discuss General Theology, Religions and Denominations, God's Attributes, Predestination and Free Will, Dispensationalism, Eschatology, Philosophy, Origins, Archaeology, Science, World History and other such topics

Lon is weak like that, but as long as you know the necessity of the shed blood of Christ to atone for sin then you will be okay.

no correspondence entered into,

LA

daqq

You have clearly denied that Christ was without spot, and said His shed blood was not necessary to atone for sins.

You try to reason your way out of it, but you remain a speaker of blasphemy.

LA

Again, not true, you are lying: I have not said those things you accuse me of saying. I posted the scripture and you are denying what it plainly says while trying to slither your way out of it. I also posted a link explaining my view which you either did not take the time to read or were not able or did not care to understand. Psalm 40 is not a contradiction in my understanding but it does refute your carnal flesh-minded theology.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, not true, you are lying: I have not said those things you accuse me of saying. I posted the scripture and you are denying what it plainly says while trying to slither your way out of it. I also posted a link explaining my view which you either did not take the time to read or were not able or did not care to understand. Psalm 40 is not a contradiction in my understanding but it does refute your carnal flesh-minded theology.

No.

You could easily make a statement that you do believe Jesus was without spot and that His shed blood did atone for sin.

but instead you say I am lying.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.