Jesus is God.

marhig

Then you must have multiple Gods??
The Father calls the Son "God" in Heb.1:8.
In Isaiah, Jesus is called the mighty God..... Do you believe there is an almighty God and then a mighty God?
Col. 1:16 tells us everything was created by Him? Did Jesus create Himself? Or is Jesus the uncreated, eternal God who is worthy of worship by humans and angels?

Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one."
John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father
Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48

Jesus isn't God, and he's not the father. He is at one with the father in the way that we are one with them when we are his

John 17

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:*I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

There is only one God and he's God Almighty who is the father, who is the God of Jesus also.

As Jesus said to Mary, I go to my father and your father, to my God and your God.

How can Jesus pray to the father and say that God is his father and be the father himself also? Jesus is the son of God not the father and not he's not God the son either. There's no God the son in the Bible.

Elia

I also know that non-Jews who circumcise their flesh, they are often spared horrible deadly diseases. The circumcision in the flesh has in the last decades, saved MILLIONS of lives.

For the finer details look HERE.

Bs"d

Once you've read the above about male circumcision in the flesh, do you think that it is important, or do you think that it is very important?

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Don't think he was the messiah, because he wasn't. He didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

Every one that can be done. Some, like the animal sacrifices cannot be done now.

I can very well judge somebody who throws God's laws overboard and replaces them with paganism. Especially when they then think they are the chosen people.

Somebody has to warn them.

The above is a lot of dribble in order to justify the fact that you are lawless.

They are both good. But I know that a Jew who doesn't do circumcision of the flesh, he'll get terribly punished.

I also know that non-Jews who circumcise their flesh, they are often spared horrible deadly diseases. The circumcision in the flesh has in the last decades, saved MILLIONS of lives.

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”

You are right about the Messiah, Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah as conceived of by the holy men of Judaism. Hazy revelations among seers about a comin Son gave rise to the development of the erroneous Messianic concept. My fellow believers in Jesus have a difficult time conceding that fact. What they have done is speculated that Jesus will return to do what the Jews though he was supposed to do in the first place. Neither will the Jews Messiah ever come nor will Jesus return to smash up the self segregated Jews political enemies. The kingdom of the original gospel is a spiritual fellowship, not one nation over all. Only mankind's surrender to God in the heart and world wide cooperation with ever bring about piece on earth and good will among men.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Once you've read the above about male circumcision in the flesh, do you think that it is important, or do you think that it is very important?

BTW, the blood sacrifices of Judaism were adopted from pagan ideology. Blood sacrifice are a part of evolved religion and practiced all around the world. The Jews didn't invent that.

6days

Jesus isn't God, and he's not the father.
Jesus is the Word who took on human flesh. The flesh was not God, however the Word was God.
The Word created everything, both on earth and in Heaven. See John 1 and Col. 1

I would suggest using a variety of translations that reveal who the translators are. I would suggest avoiding any translation, who hides who the translators are. Also avoid any translation which is created for a specific denomination since it will likely try bend scripture to fit their doctrine.

Elia

BTW, the blood sacrifices of Judaism were adopted from pagan ideology. Blood sacrifice are a part of evolved religion and practiced all around the world. The Jews didn't invent that.

Bs"d

Thank you for kicking in this open door.

The Bible tells us that Abel, the son of Adam, already brought animal sacrifices, so no, the Jews didn't invent them.

And I don't think we can call Abel a pagan.

6days

The Bible tells us that Abel, the son of Adam, already brought animal sacrifices, so no, the Jews didn't invent them.
The first sacrifice would have been when God clothed Adam and Eve in animal skin. Some animal (Perhaps a lamb) was slain because of mans sin.

lifeisgood

...and he's not the father.

You are correct that Jesus is not the Father.

He is at one with the father in the way that we are one with them when we are his

John 17

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:*I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Even while manifested in the flesh, He was always one with the Father.

There is only one God and he's God Almighty who is the father,

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

who is the God of Jesus also.

While God put on flesh and lived amongst his creation as Jesus, the Man-God.

As Jesus said to Mary, I go to my father and your father, to my God and your God.

How can Jesus pray to the father and say that God is his father and be the father himself also? Jesus is the son of God not the father and not he's not God the son either. There's no God the son in the Bible.

I guess you have never met the Angel of the LORD of the OT.

Angel/Logos appears:
Genesis 16:7-14; 21:17-19; 22:1-2,11-18; 31:11-13 with 28:13 & 35:1,3,7,15; 48:15-16
Exodus 3:1-6; 13:21-22 w/ 14:19 & Numbers 20:16; 23:20-23. Cf Acts 7:30-38
Numbers 22:21-35. Cf 22:9,20; 23:3-5,15-16; 24:2,4,16
Judges 2:1-5; 6:11-24; 13:2-23
Isaiah 63:8-9
Hosea 12:3-5. Cf Genesis 32:24-30
Zechariah 1:7-12: 2:3-5,8-11; 3:1-10; 12:8
Malachi 3:1 (messenger of the Covenant = angel of the covenant).

The Logos also appeared in the Old Testament in various human forms (Genesis 18:1-19:22; 21:1 with 18:10; 32:24-30; Joshua 5:13-6:2; Ezekiel 1:25-2:4; 8:1-4; Daniel 3:25,28; 8:15-16; 10:5-9,16-11:1; 12:6-9; Zechariah 11:4-17; 13:7). The man who wrestled with Jacob (Genesis 32:24-30) is specifically called "the Angel ... even Jehovah" in Hosea 12:3-5, the commander of the Lord's army (Joshua 5:14) is almost certainly the angel of Exodus 23:20-23 & Numbers 22:21-35.

There are also other theophanies, or manifestations of God, in the Old Testament. These are not associated with any particular angelic or human forms.
Genesis 12:7; 17:1-22; 26:2,24; 28:13-17; 35:1,9
Exodus 19:3,8-25; 20:18-22; 24:1-2,9-18; 29:42-46; 31:18; 32:30-34:11; 34:29-35; 40:34-35
Numbers 1:1; 9:15-23; 11:16-17,24-25; 12:4-10; 14:10-14; 16:42; 20:6-7
Deuteronomy 1:30-33; 4:10-15,32-37; 5:4-5,22-27; 33:2; 34:10
Job 38:1; 42:5
Isaiah 6:1 with Jn 12:39-41
Ezekiel 1:1; 3:23-24; 9:3-4; 10:1-4,18-20; 11:22-23; 43:1-7; 44:4; 48:35
Amos 9:1

"Angel of His presence" (lit. ‘face’) in Isaiah 63:9. It seems to have been formed by conjoining the two names, and suggests that the inspired prophet equated "the face of Jehovah" with "the Angel in whom is the name of the Lord" (Exodus 23:21).
http://answeringislam.net/authors/beck/angel_of_the_lord.html

You might be interested:
If Jesus is God, how can God die? Who was running the universe those three days that Jesus was dead?
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_god_dying.htm

Prizebeatz1

You are right about the Messiah, Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah as conceived of by the holy men of Judaism. Hazy revelations among seers about a comin Son gave rise to the development of the erroneous Messianic concept. My fellow believers in Jesus have a difficult time conceding that fact. What they have done is speculated that Jesus will return to do what the Jews though he was supposed to do in the first place. Neither will the Jews Messiah ever come nor will Jesus return to smash up the self segregated Jews political enemies. The kingdom of the original gospel is a spiritual fellowship, not one nation over all. Only mankind's surrender to God in the heart and world wide cooperation with ever bring about piece on earth and good will among men.

I like your conclusion

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

marhig

You are correct that Jesus is not the Father.

Even while manifested in the flesh, He was always one with the Father.

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

While God put on flesh and lived amongst his creation as Jesus, the Man-God.

I guess you have never met the Angel of the LORD of the OT.

Angel/Logos appears:
Genesis 16:7-14; 21:17-19; 22:1-2,11-18; 31:11-13 with 28:13 & 35:1,3,7,15; 48:15-16
Exodus 3:1-6; 13:21-22 w/ 14:19 & Numbers 20:16; 23:20-23. Cf Acts 7:30-38
Numbers 22:21-35. Cf 22:9,20; 23:3-5,15-16; 24:2,4,16
Judges 2:1-5; 6:11-24; 13:2-23
Isaiah 63:8-9
Hosea 12:3-5. Cf Genesis 32:24-30
Zechariah 1:7-12: 2:3-5,8-11; 3:1-10; 12:8
Malachi 3:1 (messenger of the Covenant = angel of the covenant).

The Logos also appeared in the Old Testament in various human forms (Genesis 18:1-19:22; 21:1 with 18:10; 32:24-30; Joshua 5:13-6:2; Ezekiel 1:25-2:4; 8:1-4; Daniel 3:25,28; 8:15-16; 10:5-9,16-11:1; 12:6-9; Zechariah 11:4-17; 13:7). The man who wrestled with Jacob (Genesis 32:24-30) is specifically called "the Angel ... even Jehovah" in Hosea 12:3-5, the commander of the Lord's army (Joshua 5:14) is almost certainly the angel of Exodus 23:20-23 & Numbers 22:21-35.

There are also other theophanies, or manifestations of God, in the Old Testament. These are not associated with any particular angelic or human forms.
Genesis 12:7; 17:1-22; 26:2,24; 28:13-17; 35:1,9
Exodus 19:3,8-25; 20:18-22; 24:1-2,9-18; 29:42-46; 31:18; 32:30-34:11; 34:29-35; 40:34-35
Numbers 1:1; 9:15-23; 11:16-17,24-25; 12:4-10; 14:10-14; 16:42; 20:6-7
Deuteronomy 1:30-33; 4:10-15,32-37; 5:4-5,22-27; 33:2; 34:10
Job 38:1; 42:5
Isaiah 6:1 with Jn 12:39-41
Ezekiel 1:1; 3:23-24; 9:3-4; 10:1-4,18-20; 11:22-23; 43:1-7; 44:4; 48:35
Amos 9:1

"Angel of His presence" (lit. ‘face’) in Isaiah 63:9. It seems to have been formed by conjoining the two names, and suggests that the inspired prophet equated "the face of Jehovah" with "the Angel in whom is the name of the Lord" (Exodus 23:21).
http://answeringislam.net/authors/beck/angel_of_the_lord.html

You might be interested:
If Jesus is God, how can God die? Who was running the universe those three days that Jesus was dead?
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_god_dying.htm
This trinity thing is so confusing even trinitarians believe in a different trinity!

I don't believe in any trinity or three in one God. There is one God and he is the almighty living God. And Jesus Christ is his son. I read the kjv Bible and it's clear enough in there to me that Jesus is the son of God. There is no God the son, something so important as that wouldn't have been left out of the Bible.

It makes no sense That God would come in human flesh and be sacrificed at the hand of Satan to save us.

All sacrifices in the old testament were done by Gods people not at the hand of Satan

God wouldn't let Satan put him to death in any way whatsoever!

Last edited:

lifeisgood

No, and I have told you already; my Savior is HaShem, the Creator of the universe. Read Isaiah 43:3.

You just proved my point. You reject YOUR Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 and until you and Israel accept your Suffering Servant, you and Israel will not/cannot see your conquering King.

Israel and its people continue rejecting their Suffering Servant.
How merciful this Suffering Servant is that His arms are still open waiting for your repentance and Israel's.

No, and neither was Judah; however, the Lord rejected Israel, Messiah ben-Yoseph and reelected Judah, Messiah ben-Judah. (Psalm 78:67-70) Israel the Ten Tribes did not die but was spread throughout among the Gentiles and Judah has remained as the only God's Kingdom upon earth. (Ezekiel 37:22)

And you and Israel continue rejecting your Suffering Servant.

To bruise him, not to kill him. This is one evidence why Jesus could not have been the Messiah; he was killed and not only bruised. Isaiah 53:10. The whole chapter of Isaiah 53 does not mention the death of the Messiah. If you compare that chapter with Psalm 44:9-26, all the sufferings of the Jewish People throughout History through pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, the Inquisition and the Holocaust, the Messiah goes through all kinds of torture but it is not killed as a People. Many, individually, even millions of Jews were murdered but not as the People. The People cannot disappear through death or the whole earth will be big danger.

Jesus the Christ the Suffering Servant of Israel RESURRECTED from the dead, even Paul said that there were 500 eye witnesses that Jewish people could go and speak with who had physically seen the Suffering Servant Jesus the Christ ascend to Heaven.

Jesus the Christ will come back as Israel King some day AFTER Israel accepts that she rejected her Suffering Servant. It will happen in spite of Israel's rebellion against Him now.

Silently here means to remain as God's People no matter what.

No. The person mentioned in Isaiah suffers silently and willingly.
Israel, like everybody else complain when they suffer.
This Suffering Servant suffered silently and willingly.

This is metaphorical of prophetic language. Perfect sacrificial lamb as in the case of Israel for Judah but not that one died for the other. Both Israel and Judah had reached the point of no return but the Lord could not remove both or the whole earth would have to go. Since He had promised to King David that Judah would be spared for the sake of David as a lamp in Jerusalem forever. (I Kings 11:36)

Amazing that you don’t even accept what YOUR OWN sacred writ say.

That's exactly what I have been telling you all throughout. Now, as the verses 8 and 9 of Isaiah 53 are concerned, the reference is to exile. When Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they have been cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to them all throughout the nations. At the end of the exile, the Lord opens their graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) This is about the "Dry Bones", a vision of Ezekiel about the Jews in exile.

According to Isaiah 53:8, the prophet says that the Suffering Servant was punished FOR “the transgression of MY people.”

Who are the people of Isaiah? Israel.

Being then that the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 suffered FOR Israel. How then can the Suffering Servant BE Israel?

Accept your Suffering Servant now, Ben Masada, or you will never see your conquering King then.

marhig

Jesus is the Word who took on human flesh. The flesh was not God, however the Word was God.
The Word created everything, both on earth and in Heaven. See John 1 and Col. 1

I would suggest using a variety of translations that reveal who the translators are. I would suggest avoiding any translation, who hides who the translators are. Also avoid any translation which is created for a specific denomination since it will likely try bend scripture to fit their doctrine.

Jesus was the word of God because he didn't speak anything of himself, he spoke everything that he heard from God he even says that the word is not his but the father's that sent him! He was in the express image of God, but he wasn't God. There is only one Almighty God and he is God the father.

John 14

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

I'll stick to my kjv Bible thanks, it's clear to me in there who Jesus is.

lifeisgood

JOHN 17:3

Listen to your Lord, ONLY his Father is God.

Taking a verse out of its perfect CONTEXT only makes a PRETEXT:

“Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: ‘Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself/in Your own presence, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word… Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.’” John 17:1-6, 24

Jesus – Sovereign Lord of all flesh
Jesus – The Source of Life
Jesus – The Preexistent Lord of glory
Jesus – The Visible Appearance of Yahweh God
Jesus – The Divine King on the throne
Jesus shares God’s incommunicable attributes
Jesus – Thomas’ Risen Lord and God

Here is what we have discovered from John’s Gospel.
•Jesus is the Son who gives eternal life to all whom the Father gives to him (v. 2).

•Eternal life is dependent on knowing the Father AND the Son (v. 3).

•Christ and the Father shared the same Divine glory before the creation of the world (v. 5). According to the Holy Bible this is a glory which Yahweh does not give to any other god and which no heavenly being shares.

•John says that Isaiah saw Jesus’ glory when he saw Yahweh seated on his throne in Isaiah 6:1-10. This means that Jesus is Yahweh God, even though he is not the Father, and that the glory which he set aside had to do with his heavenly rule, symbolized by the throne Isaiah saw, which Christ shared with the Father.

•Jesus has all the omni-attributes of God. By claiming to have these unique Divine attributes Jesus is affirming his absolute Deity.

•Thomas worships Jesus as his Lord God, with Jesus accepting Thomas’ confession of faith. Since the only Lord God that a monotheistic Jew has is Yahweh this means that by accepting Thomas’ confession, Jesus was confirming that he is also Yahweh, the only true God!

•Therefore, Jesus not only taught that the Father is the only true God he also spoke of himself in such a way as to make himself one with the only true God.

I agree with the author. The Lord Jesus Christ – The Only True God and Eternal Life - www.answering-islam.org

marhig

Bs"d

Don't think he was the messiah, because he wasn't. He didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

Every one that can be done. Some, like the animal sacrifices cannot be done now.

I can very well judge somebody who throws God's laws overboard and replaces them with paganism. Especially when they then think they are the chosen people.

Somebody has to warn them.

The above is a lot of dribble in order to justify the fact that you are lawless.

They are both good. But I know that a Jew who doesn't do circumcision of the flesh, he'll get terribly punished.

You're very judgmental you don't know me or my life.

By the way, it's not drivel, that's what God wants, he wants our hearts cleansed, what do you have the laws for if it's not too get you right before God? Even Moses taught circumcision of the heart. It's much more important for our hearts to be cleaned than to be circumcised naturally. I bet there are many Jews who are circumcised naturally with wicked hearts. You can't compare them, God wanted our hearts cleansed, if you think that's drivel then you don't know the living God!

lifeisgood

This trinity thing is so confusing even trinitarians believe in a different trinity!

ONLY for those who deny the Deity of Jesus the Christ.

I don't believe in any trinity or three in one God. There is one God and he is the almighty living God. And Jesus Christ is his son. I read the kjv Bible and it's clear enough in there to me that Jesus is the God son. There is no God the son, something so important as that wouldn't have been left out of the Bible.

Then you reject Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah. Got it.

It makes no sense That God would come in human flesh and be sacrificed at the hand of Satan to save us.

Could you, marhig, pay the debt you owe God?
If you can, then you do not need a Savior.

All sacrifices in the old testament we done by Gods people not at the hand of Satan

ALL sacrifices of the OT only COVERED the sin debt.
Jesus the Christ PAID the price you and I owed God; therefore, REMOVING the debt from our account.

Jesus the Christ alone being the one worthy of us bowing our knees and worshiping Him as Lord and God.

God wouldn't let Satan put him to death in any way whatsoever!

God DID NOT let Satan put Him to death in any way whatsoever.

Satan has NO power over God whatsoever. Some people give Satan so much power they do not see the tree for the forest.

God BEFORE the foundation of the world decided that the Cross of Calvary was going to be the way He would provide for fallen man to come to Him. Who am I to question Him?

What an awesome God I serve that knowing that I cannot in no way go up to Him, He came down to me.

Sorry you did not take the time to read what I offered you.

marhig

ONLY for those who deny the Deity of Jesus the Christ.

Then you reject Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah. Got it.

Could you, marhig, pay the debt you owe God?
If you can, then you do not need a Savior.

ALL sacrifices of the OT only COVERED the sin debt.
Jesus the Christ PAID the price you and I owed God; therefore, REMOVING the debt from our account.

Jesus the Christ alone being the one worthy of us bowing our knees and worshiping Him as Lord and God.

God DID NOT let Satan put Him to death in any way whatsoever.

Satan has NO power over God whatsoever. Some people give Satan so much power they do not see the tree for the forest.

God BEFORE the foundation of the world decided that the Cross of Calvary was going to be the way He would provide for fallen man to come to Him. Who am I to question Him?

What an awesome God I serve that knowing that I cannot in no way go up to Him, He came down to me.

Sorry you did not take the time to read what I offered you.
Who crucified Jesus?

lifeisgood

Who crucified Jesus?

No one crucified Jesus. He gave Himself willingly and silently.

Now, if you are asking me who physically conducted the dirty deed, then I have to say that the religious leaders of Israel, being that they could not do it themselves physically, they cajoled the Roman government to do it in their name.

If we want to take this to its final conclusion, you and I crucified Jesus.

“The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
—John 10:17-18