Jesus is God

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many are called, few are chosen.

I am trying to help you escape the snare from the devil

Just believe what is written.

The Bible says that there is one Spirit.

The Bible says that Jesus is the Spirit.

Why won't you believe? Why?

No doubt you are trying to help.

But Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. You have seen the texts and you know that is true yet you continue to deny that Jesus and the Spirit are different persons.

Pierac

Go back and reread the post. Jesus did not “lie”. Jesus was no mere man. All men have lied. Jesus did not lie. Jesus did die in the flesh, but not in the Spirit. Our spirits do not die.

Really? :chuckle:

Because Jesus Died! Not only did he die but gave up his Spirit!!!

Pay attention...

Let's get to the nitty-gritty. Is it possible for the spirit of humans to have sins on it? Indeed! The apostle Paul said, “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” 2 Corinthians 7:1

Without doubt, the spirit part of a person can be filthy with sins. Indeed, there are many scriptures that speak about such sins. (1 John 4:6 , Hosea 4:12; 5:4 , Num 5:14 ; 30 , Isaiah 19:14).

Since it is clear that all humans possess a nature of body, soul, and spirit, and we all have committed sins in the body, the soul, and the spirit, it then follows that Christ (Who also was made up of body, soul, and spirit) had to take our place in all three areas of His and our nature. The only way that we could be cleansed of our sins in the body, soul, and spirit was for Christ to take those sins on His human nature and die in His body, in His soul, and His spirit.

This means that when Jesus the Christ breathed His last breath and committed His spirit to the Father, He was returning the life-giving element of God that gave Him the ability to live. ( Ecclesiastes 12:7 ).

Ecc 12:7 then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.

He, as a conscious personality, was not returning to the Father in heaven because three days later after His resurrection He told Mary “Touch me not; for I have not ascended to my Father” (John 20:17). When Jesus let the spirit of life go back to God, He died! This happens to all humans when we die (read Ecclesiastes 12:7 again).

Did Jesus’ Body, Spirit and Soul stay dead? Peter tells us in … 1 Peter 3:18, Christ’s spirit was once made alive again. There is great significance to all this.

It must be recognized that the spirit that returned to the Father at Christ’s death was not the living PERSONALITY of Jesus the Christ. Had it been the personality that went back to the Father (with all the factors that constitute the conscious personality), then Jesus' statement after His resurrection three days later would be an utter contradiction. Christ said, “Touch me not because I have not yet ascended to my Father” (John 20:17). It is clear the person of Jesus the Christ did not immediately return to heaven!

So, at the crucifixion Christ simply yielded up the spirit that made Him alive. In a word, He died and this means in His body, in His soul and, with no more spirit within Him to sustain His life, He died in spirit as well.

Now this teaching of scripture does not set too well with what has become known as your “orthodox” Christianity, but it is nonetheless true according to the divine Word of God. The simple fact is, when Christ yielded up the spirit to the Father in heaven, that spirit was not the conscious personality of Christ returning to God the Father. As proven by John 20:17

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

God's Truth

Really?

Because Jesus Died! Not only did he die but gave up his Spirit!!!
You have not proven that Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. The Bible says that Jesus is the Spirit.
The scriptures say Jesus makes intercession for us.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

The scriptures say the Spirit intercedes for us.

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Does that prove to you that Jesus is the Spirit?

He, as a conscious personality, was not returning to the Father in heaven because three days later after His resurrection He told Mary “Touch me not; for I have not ascended to my Father” (John 20:17). When Jesus let the spirit of life go back to God, He died! This happens to all humans when we die (read Ecclesiastes 12:7 again).

Did Jesus’ Body, Spirit and Soul stay dead? Peter tells us in … 1 Peter 3:18, Christ’s spirit was once made alive again. There is great significance to all this.

It must be recognized that the spirit that returned to the Father at Christ’s death was not the living PERSONALITY of Jesus the Christ. Had it been the personality that went back to the Father (with all the factors that constitute the conscious personality), then Jesus' statement after His resurrection three days later would be an utter contradiction. Christ said, “Touch me not because I have not yet ascended to my Father” (John 20:17). It is clear the person of Jesus the Christ did not immediately return to heaven!
Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.
Romans 11:8

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

So, at the crucifixion Christ simply yielded up the spirit that made Him alive. In a word, He died and this means in His body, in His soul and, with no more spirit within Him to sustain His life, He died in spirit as well.
Jesus die not die in his Spirit. There is no scripture that says that. Jesus raised himself from the dead by his Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit of God.

God's Truth

No doubt you are trying to help.

But Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. You have seen the texts and you know that is true yet you continue to deny that Jesus and the Spirit are different persons.

You are ensnared.

These scriptures plainly tell us that Jesus is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17 all tell us Jesus is the Spirit.

See also 2 Corinthians 3:17, 18, and 1 Corinthians 15:45.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Now this teaching of scripture does not set too well with what has become known as your “orthodox” Christianity, but it is nonetheless true according to the divine Word of God. The simple fact is, when Christ yielded up the spirit to the Father in heaven, that spirit was not the conscious personality of Christ returning to God the Father. As proven by John 20:17

That's right.

And if people knew that in old English, that today also meant for this day, they would know that Jesus and the thief didn't truck on up to paradise that same afternoon.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You have not proven that Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. The Bible says that Jesus is the Spirit.
The scriptures say Jesus makes intercession for us.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

The scriptures say the Spirit intercedes for us.

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

Does that prove to you that Jesus is the Spirit?

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

Romans 11:8

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

Jesus die not die in his Spirit. There is no scripture that says that. Jesus raised himself from the dead by his Spirit, which is the Holy Spirit of God.

No Jesus did not raise himself from the dead.

It is quite apparent you are not being saved.

Nor do you know the Lord Jesus.

Romans 10:9 KJV
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved .

God's Truth

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved .

You said Jesus did not raise himself. You went against the scriptures.

There are three, and the three are One and the same.

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus raised himself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Correct you are

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Look, when you have a theology that is based on truth then you can criticize. Until then walk carefully and be quiet.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
GM seems to be copying my wording.

English is my second language, he or she must not have much of English skill.

No wonder they thought GT was me.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
[Revelation 22:3 KJV] 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

The "Lamb" is Jesus; There are Two on the Throne.

Wake Up People.

Jesus = The Son of God

God = Father of Jesus

[John 3:16 KJV] 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So, Jesus is not God, instead He is the Son of God.

I thought everybody knew this. Sheesh.

I mean, Who did Jesus say He Prayed to in Heaven?
That's right, "His Father".

Now, WAKE UP!

=M=

The Bible Names God, and Says to Praise Him by His Name;

[Psalms 68:4 KJV] 4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

Praise JAH for God is Worthy of Praise!!!

God's Truth

[Revelation 22:3 KJV] 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

The "Lamb" is Jesus; There are Two on the Throne.

Wake Up People.

Jesus = The Son of God

God = Father of Jesus

[John 3:16 KJV] 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So, Jesus is not God, instead He is the Son of God.

I thought everybody knew this. Sheesh.

I mean, Who did Jesus Pray to in Heaven?
That's right, His Father.

Now, WAKE UP!

=M=

God came as a Man. Who do you think a man should pray to?

Jesus says when you see him, you see the Father.

God says that Jesus will be called God, Father, and the Holy Spirit.

Since God says that is what he will be called, what then do you have against those who call Jesus God?

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Cruciform

Really? Because... that is exactly what I have been doing!!!
Not so far... :yawn:

Your just posting the generic vomit of the theological schools that produced your pastor! Try actually getting into the battle and pick a specific verse that you think... no... believe... or in your case are told supports your view!
Ironic, since every single thing you post here merely reflects the assumptions and opinions that you have derived from your preferred man-made recently-invented non-Catholic sect.

Man up... and post your scripture one chapter/verse per post so we can really see... What saith the scriptures!!!
I already have, a great many times. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
God came as a Man. Who do you think a man should pray to?

God.

Bible Verses that say there are three Gods, please.

Jesus says when you see him, you see the Father.

What Verse? Do you think Jesus Wrote the New Testament?

God says that Jesus will be called God, Father, and the Holy Spirit.

Since God says that is what he will be called, what then do you have against those who call Jesus God?

They Want to Go to heaven, they just don't want God to be there. They only want Jesus to be there. There are two on the Throne of God. That's Two. Not to be Confused with one. Only one of them are God.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

That verse in Isaiah is speaking of Mahershalalhashbaz.

See;

[Isaiah 8:3 KJV] 3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

Or, did you already know that?

Mahershalalhashbaz is known by the Name, Immanuel.

[Isaiah 7:14 KJV] 14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

[Isaiah 8:8 KJV] 8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach [even] to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

Jesus is known by the Name, Emmanuel;

[Matthew 1:23 KJV] 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

=M=