JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aner

Hey Grosnick

Anyway to consolidate all those posts? And include the posts they are referring to? It would be a lot easier to read through your material.

Aner

Aner

I'm a member of the "Body of Christ."

So - as a modalist - how do you deal with the clear passages which show two very distinct entities, e.g. ITim2:5 - which shows a mediator that is very distinct from God - and specifically tells us that this mediator is not "in the form of man" but is a man?

Aner

John 1-4 states: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Notice that the Scriptures are saying, Christ (The Word) was in the beginning
and He was with God and He WAS God. It also states that, Christ (The Word)
created ALL things and without Him, nothing was made. These verses alone,
tell us that Christ is God and that He created everything that is.

So, when Christ (God) came to earth, He was born in a physical body and He
died in a physical body. It was "God" who came in the flesh. There's no
mistaking that fact.

As a note for later... you are mis-exegeting this text relying on tradition and your own mind rather than the clear texts of holy scripture.

Aner

I can tell who is and who is not a "True Believer" in the Grace Gospel (Paul's
Gospel.) Their words define their faith in the truth of God's written Word (The
Holy Bible.)

Why is it that I only use Biblical words to define my Christology but you use non-Biblical words to define yours, e.g. "form of man", "fully God-fully man", etc.

StanJ

That is not a statement of fact but a statement of your own opinion based on faith.

"Essential Christian Truth" means something different to every believer. It should be obvious by reading the many, many diverse opinions--all biblically-based--that are on TOL.

No, it a matter of the Admin here deciding, not just me.

Only equivocators would say that TRUTH is not the same for everyone. Truth is absolute, and you either recognize it and know it or you don't, despite what one thinks he knows or thinks the Bible says. John 16:13

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey Grosnick

Anyway to consolidate all those posts? And include the posts they are referring to? It would be a lot easier to read through your material.

Aner

Some choose to post lengthy posts that nobody reads. I choose to
post small sentences. It's my choice.

Aner

John 14:9 states: "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet
hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how
sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Jesus and the Father are ONE. God came to earth in the form of a man. God the
Son (Jesus) God the Father and God the Holy Spirit ARE one. We may not totally
understand this fact with our finite minds, however, it's a "Spiritual Truth" that we
must accept by faith.

How can we have faith in anything that is simply a creation your own human mind?? We have never been called to have faith in GM's creations - only in the pure Word of God.

StanJ

Jesus being a man is not an essential Christian truth??
I Cor 15:21
If you want to get resurrected it sure is!

Jesus as our God and Saviour is an ECT.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Aner

Some choose to post lengthy posts that nobody reads. I choose to
post small sentences. It's my choice.

I acknowledge that it is your choice. It does make it harder to piece your thoughts together - which results in less quality of communication.

Also, my OP was shortened - but the texts in this case WERE the OP. There is no other OP than the Word of God.

Aner

Jesus as our God and Saviour is an ECT.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

That wasn't my point - my point is that Jesus the man is an ECT which was the subject of my OP. I realize you reject the man Christ Jesus and chosen to substitute an inflatable doll - but I prefer the real thing.

StanJ

Usually on this site, most believers preference faith and belief above historical fact and research.
So no matter how much evidence and data I bring (from scholars as well as from the text itself) does not even register with many folks here.
I have dealt with your earnest criticisms before and I don't want to get into it.
But by the way, there is no way I can honestly claim that I am right.
The past is past, and the canonical Bible is the only common source we have for our faith and our conjectures.

Can you spell A V O I D A N C E ?

The point is to provide PROPERLY exegeted scripture aikido, which you never have, you just opine and avoid direct answers to direct questions.

StanJ

Thank you. That makes me feel good because I think I have been understood by another poster. And there is no greater gift.

A lot of Gay Christians feel the same way when someone validates their lifestyle...they are still WRONG.

Aner

No, it a matter of the Admin here deciding, not just me.

Only equivocators would say that TRUTH is not the same for everyone. Truth is absolute, and you either recognize it and know it or you don't, despite what one thinks he knows or thinks the Bible says. John 16:13

Stan - There is only one truth - that is intuitively obvious. A7's point is that neither you nor I nor he actually has it. We have some sort of approximation as a whole though in certain points we can have certainty

You are both right... :king:

StanJ

Most Christians want to believe in Jesus AS Son of God, Savior, Messiah, etc. instead of his authentic voice print in such commands as "Love your enemies" or in statements such as "Why do you call me good? Only God is good!" or "Pray to the Father in secret."
He was an iconoclast but believers have made him into an icon and placed it on a pedestal.

MOST Christians believe in ALL the attributes of Jesus as defined in OT prophecy and NT reality. Only those of your ilk deny what scripture clearly conveys about Him.

Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.