JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aner

I provide the following texts for those who may never have had an opportunity to actually read all the great texts which clearly, repeatedly and formally describe and necessitate that Jesus is a man.

A man is an entity that can function without an incarnated deity (as each of us knows for certain). In fact this is a great test for discerning heresy - if the Jesus you teach cannot fully function independent of an incarnated deity, you do do not have a man - you have another kind of being. Scripture is clear - Jesus is man just like you, I and Adam. As troublesome as this may be for some - truth is ultimately healing - and, in this instance, VERY powerful!

Explicit Statements that Jesus is a Man
Zechariah 6:12,13 "And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man [אִ֞ישׁ (backwards)] whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

Luke 24:19 And he said to them, “What things?” And they said to him, “Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, a man [ἀνὴρ] who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people,
NOTE: Jesus did not chastise them because of errant Christology ….

John 1:30 This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man [ἀνὴρ] who ranks before me, because he was before me.’

John 3:27 John answered and said, A man [ἄνθρωπος] can receive nothing except it is given him from the heaven.

John 8:40 but now you seek to kill me, a man [ἄνθρωπος] who has told you the truth that I heard from God.

Acts 2:22, 23 “Men [Aνδρες] of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man [ἄνδρα] and attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— 23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men

Acts 17:30, 31 “The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man [ἀνὴρ] whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

Rom 5:15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if by the trespass of the one the many died, how much more did the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man [ἄνθρωπος] Jesus Christ abound unto the many.

I Cor 15:21 For as by [δι’] a man [ἄνθρωπος] came death, by [δι’] a man [ἄνθρωπος] has come also the resurrection of the dead.

I Cor 15:47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man [ἄνθρωπος] is from heaven
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός, ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.

Phil 2:7, 8 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
8 and being found in fashion as a man [ἄνθρωπος], he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

I Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man [ἄνθρωπος] Christ Jesus,

Explicit Statements that Jesus was Created

Heb 2:10, 11
10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. 11 For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. (ὅ τε γὰρ ἁγιάζων καὶ οἱ ἁγιαζόμενοι ὅ τε γὰρ ἁγιάζων καὶ οἱ ἁγιαζόμενοι ἐξ ἑνὸς πάντες ἑνὸς πάντες). See ICor 8:6 for sense of ἐξ as the ultimate creative source.

Last edited:

Aner

Are you a Catholic?

My call was to read the Word of God - these are very specific texts which identify that Jesus is a man (not a human nature). This is an extremely educational exercise since you won't find this teaching in an evangelical church. Have you ever heard of a Catholic calling people to dig into the Word in this manner?

Cruciform

I provide the following texts for those who may never have had an opportunity to actually read all the great texts which clearly, repeatedly and formally describe and necessitate that Jesus is a man.
Who here has denied that Jesus is a man? :think:

StanJ

and here are some that add to who He IS, by showing He is also our God and Saviour.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
Jesus is God because his Father, God, addressed him as "O God"- Hebrews 1:8 , Psalms 45:6
Jesus is God because he, himself, says he is God: "I will be his God"- Revelation 21:7
Jesus is God because the bible says he is God: "The mighty God" - Isaiah 9:6
Jesus is God because his disciples knew he was God:
"my Lord and my God" - John 20:28
"our God and Savior Jesus Christ" - 2 Peter 1:1
"the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ" - Titus 2:13
Jesus is God because the OT says Israel's Rock was God & Christ was that same Rock: Psalms 78:35, 1 Corinthians 10:4

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
John 8:58
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
Exodus 3:14
God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
Heb 1:8
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.”
2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2 Peter 1:11
and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 2:20
If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
2 Peter 3:2
I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
Col 1:19-20
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Col 1:9-10
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
Titus 1:3
and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,
Titus 1:4
To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
Titus 2:10
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
Titus 2:13
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Titus 3:4
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,
Titus 3:6
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior
Is 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Is 43:11-12
I, yes I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I’ve revealed and saved and proclaimed, when there was no foreign god among you — and you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD.

StanJ

Did you read the statements from the Word of God? Did you note the specific word used in each instance to formally describe exactly what Jesus is?

Are you claiming YOU are the only one that reads the word of God with understanding? How long have you studied the Bible?

Aner

Are you claiming YOU are the only one that reads the word of God with understanding? How long have you studied the Bible?

Stan

That is a silly question. There are many that have understanding and know - though none of us knows as we ought to know.

36+ yrs - including listening to literally thousands and thousands of hours of evangelical pablum on the two local radio stations.

Aner

Stan

I appreciate and acknowledge each of the vss you supplied. If you exegete any of them to eliminate the clear,formal teaching that Jesus is a man and replace with an impersonal human nature, you are creating a fundamental contradiction in the Word of God. Sure you want to do that??

Aner

Aner

This thread does not belong in the ECT. Moved.

Admittedly I am at a loss as to why an OP that simply provides the Word of God would not be in the ECT.... (I honestly wonder whether this sort of reflects how far the church has fallen into a love of tradition?).

Regardless, you are the boss and I submit to you without further question as we are called to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.