Jesus indicates Election of Some !

beloved57

Election is perhaps the most despised Gospel doctrine in all the scripture. It magnifies the Sovereign Mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet Jesus who is the only way of Salvation indicates it especially in John's Gospel. Listen to John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The words of Christ here "All that the Father giveth to me" denotes certain ones had been given to Him by His Father !

John 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The words of Christ here "as many as thou hast given me" indicate only certain ones should He give eternal life to. Thats election .

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Election is perhaps the most despised Gospel doctrine in all the scripture. It magnifies the Sovereign Mercy of God in the Lord Jesus Christ. Yet Jesus who is the only way of Salvation indicates it especially in John's Gospel. Listen to John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The words of Christ here "All that the Father giveth to me" denotes certain ones had been given to Him by His Father !

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The words of Christ here "as many as thou hast given me" indicate only certain ones should He give eternal life to. Thats election .

You are a false teacher and a heretic.

"God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

beloved57

Jn 6:39

Jesus again in John makes a comment indicating Election Jn 6:39

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Also from this verse we see its the Fathers Will, that He lose nothing of the All He gave to Him !

This is speaking of final Salvation or Glorification of the Elect given to Christ !

Last edited:

beloved57

You are a false teacher and a heretic.

"God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Its seen you dont pay attention to Jesus words I have presented here ! Evasion and rabbit trail as per usual !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And who might those be that are given to the Lord by the Father but those who have accepted Him as Lord and Savior.

John 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Nanja

Jesus also indicates Election of only Some here:

John 10:11, 15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So then when we compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor. 2:13, it follows that the "Our sins" here :

1 Cor. 15:3
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for "our sins" according to the scriptures;

Must refer to His Sheep He gave His Life for.

Yes, that speaks to Election of only Some given Him of the Father John 6:37; 17:2.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus when speaking of all them the Father giveth Him, Hes speaking of His Sheep, a synonym for His Elect. Jesus is speaking again about those God the Father gave Him here in Jn 10:29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me[Sheep], is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them[Sheep] out of my Father's hand.

Thats the same as those Jesus said earlier as being the ones the Father gives Him shall come to Him Jn 6:37

John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;

iamaberean

People forget that Jesus was the Messiah of the children of Israel, not Gentiles.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Paul was sent to the Gentiles later.

beloved57

Not at all.
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Yes it is. This thread isnt about Matt 10:5,6

Epoisses

Free will and Election are both part of the gospel. Free will is the study of man's choice and Election is the study of God's choice. God's choice always trumps man's choice but human beings do have free will. We are not robots as the blind Calvinist might suppose. When we first come to Christ our will is at variance with God's will and this is where the worst struggles in the Christian walk take place. But as we grow closer to Christ our will grows closer to his and the struggles become less severe. The goal for every Christian is to have our will merged into God's will so that when we do the things we want we are really doing the things that God wants. And when we refrain form certain things they are things that God wants us to refrain from. Our will always has to bend to God's will. God's will never bends to ours which is the hardest lesson to learn.

beloved57

The Fact that scripture affirms that Grace was given some in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Certainly indicates that some were Chosen in Him as early, which is affirmed by Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Before the foundation of the world, that is deep. Heres whats being talked about Job 38:4

Where wast thou when I laid the
foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Ps 102:25

Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Prov 8:29

When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

Before God laid the foundations of the world He had Chosen a People in Christ Jesus ! Eph 1:4

Last edited:

Nanja

The Fact that scripture affirms that Grace was given some in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 [FONT="]Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and[B] [U]grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began[/U],[/B]

Certainly indicates that some were Chosen in Him as early, which is affirmed by Eph 1:4

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B] [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Before the foundation of the world, that is deep. Heres whats being talked about Job 38:4

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Where wast thou when I laid the [/FONT][/COLOR][B]foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

[/B]Ps 102:25

[COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Of old hast thou laid the [/FONT]
foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Prov 8:29

[FONT="]When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he [B]appointed [U]the [/U][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][B][B][U]foundations[/U] of the earth[/B]:
[/B][B]

Before God laid the foundations of the world He had Chosen a People in Christ Jesus ! Eph 1:4[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]
Amen My Brother In Christ Jesus !

beameup

Who is Jesus speaking to? Obviously not the Body of Christ,
as that was a hidden mystery that was later revealed to Paul by the risen Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
All you Clavinists/Calvinists-how do you know that you are one of "the elect?" What is your foundation?

It's a very simple question,so refrain from your sound bytes. What is your "good news," scripturally.I've yet to encounter a Calvinist/Clavinist, on TOL, "on the street," that will unpack this for us, address this question.

john w

Hall of Fame
Evasion and rabbit trail

Answer the challenge put to you: Is all scripture specifically about you/everyone, addressed to you, applicable to you, and are all of the blessing/curses for everyone, indiscriminately, and are all the commands for you/everyone?

Let me guess this troll's "response:" Evasion and rabbit trail!!!

Thanks for checkin' in, Elmer Fudd, Jr., who has contributed NADA to biblical knowledge, still trying to figure out if he is one of "the elect,"and whether it really matters if he gets on TOL, preaching "salvation," or anywhere, since the "die is cast" anyways, as "the elect" are "predestined" to be saved, and were really in no danger of being "lost"(saved: to be delivered, preserved, from a danger).

Hmmmffffff............