Jesus indicates Election of Some !

beloved57

Answer the challenge put to you: Is all scripture specifically about you/everyone, addressed to you, applicable to you, and are all of the blessing/curses for everyone, indiscriminately, and are all the commands for you/everyone?

Let me guess this troll's "response:" Evasion and rabbit trail!!!

Thanks for checkin' in, Elmer Fudd, Jr., who has contributed NADA to biblical knowledge, still trying to figure out if he is one of "the elect,"and whether it really matters if he gets on TOL, preaching "salvation," or anywhere, since the "die is cast" anyways, as "the elect" are "predestined" to be saved, and were really in no danger of being "lost"(saved: to be delivered, preserved, from a danger).

Hmmmffffff............

Evasion and rabbit trail !

clefty

Amen My Brother In Christ Jesus !

Many are called...few are chosen...

chosen prior the call...?

Odd...to come crying “Lord! Lord!”...and to be sent away because you were not chosen prior...

Scripture is more clear as to why all who come running are not chosen...

Quite clear as to why they are chosen...

and not because it was previously determined...

lifeisgood

Tambora and I have asked B57 and I have asked Nanja also:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
Or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

Still waiting for an answer.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

If they are true to their doctrine, that would be the only truth they could tell their children when they tuck them in right before they say "Sweet dreams".

lifeisgood

If they are true to their doctrine, that would be the only truth they could tell their children when they tuck them in right before they say "Sweet dreams".

They can't be true to their doctrine, because they themselves cannot prove if they are elected or not.
I have also asked how they can prove to me if I am elected or not. Still waiting....

john w

Hall of Fame
They can't be true to their doctrine, because they themselves cannot prove if they are elected or not.
I have also asked how they can prove to me if I am elected or not. Still waiting....

As I've asked for years...That is their "good news."

BigraAKrT.jpg

Lon

First of all, I'm not so enamored with my doctrine that I don't see the problems therein. I appreciate anybody pointing out the flaws, honestly (and thank you).

Second, Romans 10:13 is the answer for me, but I'm a Calvinist of a different color. I'm not sure what verse or answer Nanja or Beloved would give.

Another point: I'm not a fruit inspector. While I believe some dear church members and TOL members are brothers and sisters in Christ, I've seen a few I thought were His no longer following Him or acknowledging Him as Lord. I'd rather "Love 'em all and let God sort them out."

clefty

As I've asked for years...That is their "good news."

BigraAKrT.jpg

It’s the very same desire to be free from the Law and to do as they please which fuels this “they are pre determined” as others here who claim the Law was changed or been destroyed...

A desire to do as they wish and then are saved anyways...without repentance and change and obedience

The same sad desperation to believe they will surely not die...but are immortal

Nanja

Or

A person shall speak in the manner which God has prepared their heart to speak.

Prov. 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

clefty

First of all, I'm not so enamored with my doctrine that I don't see the problems therein. I appreciate anybody pointing out the flaws, honestly (and thank you).

Second, Romans 10:13 is the answer for me, but I'm a Calvinist of a different color. I'm not sure what verse or answer Nanja or Beloved would give.

Another point: I'm not a fruit inspector. While I believe some dear church members and TOL members are brothers and sisters in Christ, I've seen a few I thought were His no longer following Him or acknowledging Him as Lord. I'd rather "Love 'em all and let God sort them out."

Here’s a standard by which we are to sort ‘em out...

“...here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

The sorting and harvesting is quite easy actually...notice it’s the faith OF Jesus not merely “I believe so I gots mine”...it is not just faith IN Him but His faith walk...believe and DO as He did...that is the fruit...your fruit should match His...

Being grafted branches and all...but also don’t boast lest you are cut off again...

And it’s certainly not “...here are they that were determined prior”

From what I have experienced those who believe once saved always saved and born saved act much like frat boys who expect their well placed fathers to bail them out of jail...EACH TIME...every time...self proclaimed privilege indeed...and quite a show of personal partiality...

Nanja

Lon

Romans 10:13 is the answer for me, but I'm a Calvinist of a different color. I'm not sure what verse or answer Nanja or Beloved would give.

Calling upon the name of the Lord can only please God by one who has been Born of the Spirit of God [born again John 3:3-6].

Rom 8:7-9
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

clefty

Lon

Calling upon the name of the Lord can only please God by one who has been Born of the Spirit of God [born again John 3:3-6].

Rom 8:7-9
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Merely calling on the name or “Lord! Lord!” is not enough...it’s those that DO the will of the Father...that is what the Spirit enables you to do...the Father’s Will

As the Son did and remained in His Father’s love...we too will remain in His love if we obey because “IF you love me keep my commandments”...many love Him...few obey...love is a choice not fore ordained...predestined...

If it was all pre determined then even Satan was no temptation...or His death a sacrifice...

Last edited:

Nanja

Merely calling on the name or “Lord! Lord!” is not enough...it’s those that DO the will of the Father...that is what the Spirit enables you to do...the Father’s Will

As the Son did and remained in His Father’s love...we too will remain in His love if we obey because “IF you love me keep my commandments”...many love Him...few obey...love is a choice not fore ordained...predestined...

If it was all pre determined then even Satan was no temptation...or His death a sacrifice...

Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

clefty

Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

“But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you”

IF indeed...so how do we know if you are...there is a mark or certificate proving your selection?

Or by your works/fruits?...

Nanja

All of the Election of Grace Christ died for, they shall receive the Adoption of Sons by God sending the Spirit of His Son into their hearts.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal. 4:4-7
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons].
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Rom. 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

This is how each one of them shall know unmistakably that they are an Elect Child of God.

Those verses speak of a Covenant Promise to all the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, the many Mat. 26:28 whom He gave His Soul to be an offering for sin Is. 53:10:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119112-Intro&p=4781205#post4781205

lifeisgood

A person shall speak in the manner which God has prepared their heart to speak.

Prov. 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

So............

Or

Nanja

Lol...I don't put any children to bed.

But if I did, whatever the Lord laid on my heart is what I would tell them Prov. 16:1.

clefty

All of the Election of Grace Christ died for, they shall receive the Adoption of Sons by God sending the Spirit of His Son into their hearts.

Gal. 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal. 4:4-7
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons].
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Rom. 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

This is how each one of them shall know unmistakably that they are an Elect Child of God.

Those verses speak of a Covenant Promise to all the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, the many Mat. 26:28 whom He gave His Soul to be an offering for sin Is. 53:10:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?119112-Intro&p=4781205#post4781205

“This is how each one of them shall know unmistakably that they are an Elect Child of God.”

How? By crying Abba Father?

Ok so you might know and be convinced you are of the Spirit...but how do the rest of us know you are in Him?

Are you somehow different than the world?

To what extent?

Examples?

clefty

So............

Or

As with those who insist the Law was abolished or changed, this belief is more about avoiding obedience to Him and His ways...

Time and time again believers are encouraged to remain faithful, endure to the end, not return to their old ways, to abide in His Love...and to go and encourage whosoever else to do the same...

Great damage to our understanding of Yah and the reformation was accomplished with this Calvin...