Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

6days

You should explain how the work ddescribed in this article could possibly give a young earth, one less than 10,000 years old, as you appear to believe.
The secular astronomers BELIEVE the universe is billions of years old but recognize the speed of light may have been trillions of times faster in the past.
We don't know how fast God spread the universe but Adam was able to see the stars just a couple days after they were created. (Perhaps God spread stars to the distant universe trillions of times faster than the speed of light)

6days

Vulcan Logician said:
I try to assume as little as possible. I don't know if "nothing created the light" so I make no assumption one way or the other.
Logic and science should indicate to you that nothing can't cause anything.

Vulcan Logician said:
Maybe some uncaused cause exists beyond space and time.
That seems the only logical conclusion. Once you accept is logical, then you can look for evidence that the cause is omniscient and omnipotent.

Vulcan Logician said:
I think the consensus among scientists is that it appears constant throughout time; at least, this is what most have concluded after examining the evidence.
Fortunately science/ truth is not determined by majority opinion. There are many evidences against an old universe. (Eg. 'Mature' galaxies in the distant 'young' universe). Also there are evidences the speed of light was faster in the past. For example the light horizon problem. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_problem

Stuu

The secular astronomers BELIEVE the universe is billions of years old but recognize the speed of light may have been trillions of times faster in the past.
We don't know how fast God spread the universe but Adam was able to see the stars just a couple days after they were created. (Perhaps God spread stars to the distant universe trillions of times faster than the speed of light)
I see you can't explain how your cited article can result in a young earth.

You have a strange way of withdrawing your attempt at deception.

Stuart

6days

I see you can't explain how your cited article can result in a young earth.

You have a strange way of withdrawing your attempt at deception.

Stuart
I think you missed something... Logician suggested that someone show how light might have arrived at earth faster than it was supposed to. Neither you nor I know how God created and spread the stars. This is what I answered to Logician.
Did nothing create that light?... Was there a cause that existed eternally?..... Was the speed of light trillions of times faster in the past like some secular astronomers believe? https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/w...f-the-universe

Old earth/ universe is a belief system (as is young earth). Both belief systems interpret evidence to fit priori biases. But... Young earth beliefs fit the evidence best... of course :-
)

Stuu

I think you missed something... Logician suggested that someone show how light might have arrived at earth faster than it was supposed to.
What do you mean 'supposed to'? It's your dishonest deception, because you interjected in an exchange during which your camp follower JudgeRightly had specifically discussed a young earth at 6,000-10,000 years old.
Neither you nor I know how God created and spread the stars.
What god? What spread? These things don't even exist, so I'm not surprised you fail to explain them every time.
This is what I answered to Logician.
Did nothing create that light?... Was there a cause that existed eternally?..... Was the speed of light trillions of times faster in the past like some secular astronomers believe? https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/w...f-the-universe
Old earth/ universe is a belief system (as is young earth). Both belief systems interpret evidence to fit priori biases. But... Young earth beliefs fit the evidence best... of course :)
The earth is 4.54 billion years old. That is what all of the evidence says, with none contradicting it. In all this bullish nonsense you post you have never once provided a single fact that disproves 4.54 billion years. Not one.

You have also never established the existence of this thing you call a god. That is the belief system with no unambiguous evidence in its favour.

Stuart

Jose Fly

Also there are evidences the speed of light was faster in the past. For example the light horizon problem. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_problem
Just as before, you cherry pick from your own sources. As the Wiki article explains, the horizon problem is resolved via cosmic inflation. And some of the expectations of cosmic inflation have been realized via COBE and WMAP.

But of course you reject that out of hand because, just like before, you're evaluating everything through.....

By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record

.....an anti-scientific framework that you described as true and good.

6days

The earth is 4.54 billion years old. That is what all of the evidence says, with none contradicting it.
You are SILLY. Your belief system attempts to interpret evidence in a way that fits your beliefs. The evidence as you know, doesn't actually say anything. (Evidence ALWAYS needs to be interpreted). Stuu... your interpretation often involves trying to explain away the most obvious interpretation. Dark energy, Oort clods, inflation trillions of times faster than speed of light, dark matter, multiverse, cold whoosh, big crunch, singularity, plasma universe... and on and on are attempts by secularists to deny that we live in a young... created universe.

Stuu

You are SILLY. Your belief system attempts to interpret evidence in a way that fits your beliefs. The evidence as you know, doesn't actually say anything. (Evidence ALWAYS needs to be interpreted). Stuu... your interpretation often involves trying to explain away the most obvious interpretation.
Not one single piece of evidence that contradicts a 4.54 billion year old earth.

Dark energy, Oort clods, inflation trillions of times faster than speed of light, dark matter, multiverse, cold whoosh, big crunch, singularity, plasma universe... and on and on are attempts by secularists to deny that we live in a young... created universe.
Not one single piece of evidence that contradicts a 4.54 billion year old earth.

By the way, what is an Oort Clod?

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No... Scripture actually says that in six days God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them. Jesus taught that humans were from the beginning of creation.

The belief in inhabitants existing before Adam and Eve is heretical in that it destroys the purpose of Christ's physical death and resurrection.

Jesus died for the angelic beings who sinned and human beings who sinned.

That's why he reconciled everyone to the Father.

Stuu

there is MUCH evidence that contradicts the old earth beliefs. The best evidence however, is the eye witness testimony of the One who was there at the beginning.
Still not a single piece of evidence to contradict a 4.54 billions year old earth.

Stuart

Jose Fly

Like before, you rely on hypothetical potential resolutions to support your house of cards. Explaining away the evidence is not science.
Again you try and deflect by accusing others of your own faults.

Your belief system attempts to interpret evidence in a way that fits your beliefs
Exhibit A.

What's truly funny is how with the above you seem to understand that bias in interpreting evidence is a bad thing. Yet you continue to employ an extremely biased framework yourself.