Is there any way to get Republicanchick to go away?

john w

Hall of Fame
Tell her that this Roman Catholic Organization has now declared every day a day of fasting from meat. That will keep her away, attending all those now daily "Fish Fry's."

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
...if they banned using TOL apps while watching the blessed sacrament....that's where she does most of her posts

while saying the rosary, while doing the stations of the cross, during confessions

john w

Hall of Fame
Tell her that Totton Linnet is considering running for prime Minister, and perhaps RepChick will fly to England in an attempt to prevent that from happening, and, thus, while in England, she won't have internet access, as most of England does not, and thus, RepChick will be forced to drink that alleged English version of "beer," to kill time, get sick, and thus be unable to post....

What was the topic?

Morpheus

that is all very nice

who do you vote for?

To be honest, what real difference does it make on abortion? Democrats are honest about their position and Republicans lie to maintain an important portion of their base. The result is the same. In the mid 90s the Republicans were threatened by the religious right if they failed to make good on their promises. When they still did nothing the religious right backed down and continued throwing them their support. It became obvious then that keeping abortion legal was more important to the Republican party than it is to Democrats. Since then I evaluate candidates individually based on all other important issues pertinent to the public good. By that measure more Democrats have a better record. So do you still vote for Republicans after 30 years hoping that they might some day do something substantive?

Mocking You

So do you still vote for Republicans after 30 years hoping that they might some day do something substantive?

Maybe you haven't heard of the wave of new pro-life legislation passed by Republican led state legislatures.

An unprecedented wave of state-level abortion restrictions swept the country over the past three years. In 2013 alone, 22 states enacted 70 antiabortion measures, including previability abortion bans, unwarranted doctor and clinic regulations, limits on the provision of medication abortion and bans on insurance coverage of abortion. However, 2013 was not even the year with the greatest number of new state-level abortion restrictions, as 2011 saw 92 enacted; 43 abortion restrictions were enacted by states in 2012.1

What accounts for the spike in abortion restrictions? A few reasons stand out. First, antiabortion forces took control of many state legislatures and governors’ mansions as a result of the 2010 elections, which allowed them to enact more restrictions than was politically feasible previously. Second, the politics surrounding the Affordable Care Act, enacted in March 2010, reignited a national debate over whether government funds may be used for abortion coverage and paved the way for broad attacks on insurance coverage at the state level. The relative lull in antiabortion legislative activity seen in 2012 is explained in part by the legislative calendar: North Dakota and Texas, for example, did not hold legislative sessions in 2012. They made up for it last year, though: Together, these two states enacted 13 restrictions in 2013.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/gpr/17/1/gpr170109.html

Morpheus

Maybe you haven't heard of the wave of new pro-life legislation passed by Republican led state legislatures.

An unprecedented wave of state-level abortion restrictions swept the country over the past three years. In 2013 alone, 22 states enacted 70 antiabortion measures, including previability abortion bans, unwarranted doctor and clinic regulations, limits on the provision of medication abortion and bans on insurance coverage of abortion. However, 2013 was not even the year with the greatest number of new state-level abortion restrictions, as 2011 saw 92 enacted; 43 abortion restrictions were enacted by states in 2012.1

What accounts for the spike in abortion restrictions? A few reasons stand out. First, antiabortion forces took control of many state legislatures and governors’ mansions as a result of the 2010 elections, which allowed them to enact more restrictions than was politically feasible previously. Second, the politics surrounding the Affordable Care Act, enacted in March 2010, reignited a national debate over whether government funds may be used for abortion coverage and paved the way for broad attacks on insurance coverage at the state level. The relative lull in antiabortion legislative activity seen in 2012 is explained in part by the legislative calendar: North Dakota and Texas, for example, did not hold legislative sessions in 2012. They made up for it last year, though: Together, these two states enacted 13 restrictions in 2013.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/gpr/17/1/gpr170109.html

I am aware. The states have a better chance of making a difference, yet the legislation has to get through the courts, and even with the present composition of SCOTUS that is still questionable due to federal law and precedents. The real answer to reversal lies in changing popular opinion, and there have been positive signs on that front. It took decades to get where we are, and if it will get turned around it will take at least several years.As bad as I hate to say it, the harder you push, the greater the resistance becomes. The more confrontational, the greater it motivates the other side. Nobody listens in the heat of a fight. Christ never attacked Gentiles or common people. He persuaded them. He only confronted the Jewish leaders and those profiting from the church.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Thank you. I know you could have come back at me for my unpopular and confrontational posting.

We may not agree on many things but, when you have a point I am honest enough to agree with you & acknowledge it. :cheers:

Every thought that comes to mind doesn't have to be a thread- "my husband wants me to pick up some cereal"

Republicanchick isn't the only one that scatters the board with pointless or redundant threads...meshak also comes to mind. :think: