Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

advenureside

Concerning the man who was stoned to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath, it was directly related to the incidences of rotting and contaminated foods that were occurring by people who were rebelling and making food that was a health hazard.

This is why they were to not cook on the Sabbath in the first place.

And this is the beginning of the Sabbath Law and the first time that the Sabbath was mentioned in the Bible. The Sabbath Law was set up because of this very reason. Also, the stoning of the man gathering sticks on the Sabbath was a one-time event that was done because of the existing conditions that the Israelites were under as they were facing massive starvation and poisonous, rotting foods.

Exo 16:3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

Moses then gave a solution for preventing the starving and food shortage problems - However many of them refused to listen to Moses.Making the problem spread to more people.

Exo 16:20* Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses, but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.*
21* And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.*
22* And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.*
23* And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe, and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.*
24* And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.*

This Hebrew word """ worms, """" here in Exo 16:20* Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms,, and stank:

This is a Hebrew word associated with a deathly effect that occurs wherein the food is poisonous and dangerous to eat. The man who was stoned - was obviously a rebel, violator and a disruptor who was trying to rebel against the solution that Moses and the congregation had established for a solution for the starvation and rotten, poison food supply that was being wasted by people who tried to proceed with actions that brought about problems that threatened many, many other peoples lives as the food was scarce, people were beginning to starve from hunger and there are people cooking too much at a time and wasting massive amounts of food and creating starvation and toxic, rotten poisonous food supplies.

Exo 7:18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.

Exo 7:21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exo 8:14 And they gathered them { dead rotten frogs } together upon heaps: and the land stank.

This was all explained. Everything is explained. in the Bible in detail.

Exo 16:20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

This is why the man was stoned to death. Moses then gave a solution for preventing the starving and food shortage problems - The man- refused to listen to Moses and endangered others who were starving from hunger.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Concerning the man who was stoned to death for gathering sticks on the Sabbath, it was directly related to the incidences of rotting and contaminated foods that were occurring by people who were rebelling and making food that was a health hazard.

This is why they were to not cook on the Sabbath in the first place.

And this is the beginning of the Sabbath Law and the first time that the Sabbath was mentioned in the Bible. The Sabbath Law was set up because of this very reason. Also, the stoning of the man gathering sticks on the Sabbath was a one-time event that was done because of the existing conditions that the Israelites were under as they were facing massive starvation and poisonous, rotting foods.

Exo 16:3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

Moses then gave a solution for preventing the starving and food shortage problems - However many of them refused to listen to Moses.Making the problem spread to more people.

Exo 16:20* Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses, but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.*
21* And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.*
22* And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.*
23* And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe, and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.*
24* And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.*

This Hebrew word """ worms, """" here in Exo 16:20* Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms,, and stank:

This is a Hebrew word associated with a deathly effect that occurs wherein the food is poisonous and dangerous to eat. The man who was stoned - was obviously a rebel, violator and a disruptor who was trying to rebel against the solution that Moses and the congregation had established for a solution for the starvation and rotten, poison food supply that was being wasted by people who tried to proceed with actions that brought about problems that threatened many, many other peoples lives as the food was scarce, people were beginning to starve from hunger and there are people cooking too much at a time and wasting massive amounts of food and creating starvation and toxic, rotten poisonous food supplies.

Exo 7:18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.

Exo 7:21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exo 8:14 And they gathered them { dead rotten frogs } together upon heaps: and the land stank.

This was all explained. Everything is explained. in the Bible in detail.

Exo 16:20 Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

This is why the man was stoned to death. Moses then gave a solution for preventing the starving and food shortage problems - The man- refused to listen to Moses and endangered others who were starving from hunger.

Uhhhh nope.

Someone doesn't know their Bible very well.

God said no work on the Sabbath BECAUSE:

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.Six days you shall labor and do all your work,but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:8-11&version=NKJV

And God required the death penalty for breaking the Sabbath Law (which is a symbolic law, not a moral law) because He wanted to teach Israel a lesson, that breaking His Law leads to death.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, on both points here.....two questions.

1. How do you know that’s true?

2. Can you prove either?

I know that God's relationship with Moses was special. He is a man like you and me, but he is a prophet too. Simply read the Torah and you will understand, or the rest of the TaNaKh or the Bible.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I know that God's relationship with Moses was special. He is a man like you and me, but he is a prophet too. Simply read the Torah and you will understand, or the rest of the TaNaKh or the Bible.

It’s funny how people tell me that Jacob. I read, and studied the Bible in detail for about forty years.

Anyway, thanks for replying, but you didn’t answer the question. You said you studied advanced mathematics so I figured you’d be familiar with proofs, I guess not.

Moses was not a man like me, and probably not like you because we’ve never murdered people. But have a nice day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It’s funny how people tell me that Jacob. I read, and studied the Bible in detail for about forty years.

Anyway, thanks for replying, but you didn’t answer the question. You said you studied advanced mathematics so I figured you’d be familiar with proofs, I guess not.

Moses was not a man like me, and probably not like you because we’ve never murdered people. But have a nice day.

I have sinned and I do have a conscience. I did not look both ways before killing someone though.

I am familiar with proofs, but you should know that a mathematical proof would not prove a fact or something moral. I hope this does not sound like "you should know" inappropriately casting blame. I mean only to say that you are saying that I didn't provide the proof that you want being a mathematical proof. Maybe that is not exactly what you wanted. But I do not know how to satisfy you, and you at least have said that you have read the Bible. I believe that I have a good understanding of the Bible. I can still learn, but I support and defend the Bible as God's Word.

k0de

Jacob, on both points here.....two questions.

1. How do you know that’s true?

2. Can you prove either?
He was was very special to the Lord.

Exodus 4: 24. At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him.

Moses was not excempt from the Law. He was under the Law like you and me, and Jacob.

So why didn't the Lord killed Moses then?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I have sinned and I do have a conscience. I did not look both ways before killing someone though.

I am familiar with proofs, but you should know that a mathematical proof would not prove a fact or something moral. I hope this does not sound like "you should know" inappropriately casting blame. I mean only to say that you are saying that I didn't provide the proof that you want being a mathematical proof. Maybe that is not exactly what you wanted. But I do not know how to satisfy you, and you at least have said that you have read the Bible. I believe that I have a good understanding of the Bible. I can still learn, but I support and defend the Bible as God's Word.

I would have been satisfied to hear you admit that neither point could be proven. Therefore, both points are beliefs, which differ from facts in their inability to be proven.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
He was was very special to the Lord.

Exodus 4: 24. At a lodging place on the way, the Lord met Moses and was about to kill him.

Moses was not excempt from the Law. He was under the Law like you and me, and Jacob.

So why didn't the Lord killed Moses then?

How is ANY human being able to speak to why or why not God did or did not do a thing?

We are not Gods counselors. He doesn’t check in with us before deciding a thing.

But, the real question for me is, what makes someone think that God actually wished to kill someone? Because it says so in the Bible. If the Bible didn’t say that, where would the idea come from that God wishes to kill things?

It comes from the world. Everything in the world dies. So, we just assume God is like a man who wants to kill things.....I guess.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would have been satisfied to hear you admit that neither point could be proven. Therefore, both points are beliefs, which differ from facts in their inability to be proven.

No. Something can be true without a proof being given.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
No. Something can be true without a proof being given.

Right. Something can be true without being proven, but it is not proven to be true. That’s the difference.

The square root of two has always existed and is true, but it wasn’t proven true until Pythagoras demonstrated it mathematically.

In this case we were talking about God and Moses. You can’t prove that God was actually talking to Moses. Moses said he did, and he wrote the Bible as if God we’re speaking to him, but he could have been making it up.

We don’t know and it can’t be proven. Therefore, it’s a belief. I argue against it being true because of the nature of the things said, and that being opposed to the notion that God is love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Right. Something can be true without being proven, but it is not proven to be true. That’s the difference.

The square root of two has always existed and is true, but it wasn’t proven true until Pythagoras demonstrated it mathematically.

In this case we were talking about God and Moses. You can’t prove that God was actually talking to Moses. Moses said he did, and he wrote the Bible as if God we’re speaking to him, but he could have been making it up.

We don’t know and it can’t be proven. Therefore, it’s a belief. I argue against it being true because of the nature of the things said, and that being opposed to the notion that God is love.

I simply disagree with you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And that is ok with me. We are still brothers in my book. May the light of God guide you and fill your heart with love.

We are brothers if we believe in God and Jesus, the forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ, and repentance unto faith in God (and Jesus).

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I think all people are brothers, and it’s just that many don’t like to think that way.

It’s interesting though for Christians who believe the Bible is the Word of God, all people really are brothers right?

I mean, we all are descended from Noah’s sons. Right?