Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Moses did NOT "claim to have created the law".

You're way off.

Moses did NOT "create the law" nor claim to have.

According to the Book of Exodus, Mount Sinai (Hebrew: הַר סִינַי‬, Har Sinai) is the mountain at which the Ten Commandments were given to Moses by God. In the Book of Deuteronomy, these events are described as having transpired at Mount Horeb.

Right Divider

Body part
According to the Book of Exodus, Mount Sinai (Hebrew: הַר סִינַי‬, Har Sinai) is the mountain at which the Ten Commandments were given to Moses by God. In the Book of Deuteronomy, these events are described as having transpired at Mount Horeb.
Yes, I knew that you were here to disparage the Bible, etc. etc.

Get lost.

P.S. Some places have more than one name.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
That you've just make two contradictory claims.

In an effort to change the subject------
God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.
I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.
I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law of Moses makes a distinction between Hebrew and non-Hebrew slaves. A Hebrew had a higher social status as a slave than a non-Hebrew. You could not treat Hebrew slaves brutally and they had to be released on the seventh year. Moses makes this distinction by calling them "brethren."

So, it was considered improper to own your brother as property, but you could own children of foreigners as property.

Leviticus 25

"Moreover you may buy the children of the strangers who dwell among you, and their families who are with you, which they beget in your land; and they shall become your property. 46 And you may take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them as a possession; they shall be your permanent slaves. But regarding your brethren, the children of Israel, you shall not rule over one another with rigor."

So, this demonstrates that a slave was property, like any other property and could be passed down through inheritance.

You can read more about it here.

How does this compare to the other nations surrounding Israel and their treatment of slaves? I don't know - you'd have to research it for yourself. Regarding Roman slave laws, you can read a little about it here.

This is good for you and for me for you to have done this work. Thank you Guyver.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
MOSES LEADS PASSOVER
Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.
(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?
(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.
(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.
(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

The Death of the Midianite Women
Numbers 31
14 But Moses was furious with the officers of the army, the commanders over thousands and commanders over hundreds, who had come from service in the war.
15 Moses said to them, “Have you allowed all the women to live?”
16 Look, these people through the counsel of Balaam caused the Israelites to act treacherously against the LORD in the matter of Peor – which resulted in the plague among the community of the LORD!
17 Now therefore kill every boy, and kill every woman who has been intimate with a man in bed.
18 But all the young women who have not experienced a man’s bed will be yours.

Is this the Moses you admire-?

Just asking
No animosity intended or implied

I do not have a problem with what I read, but I suggest that if you do yourself have a problem with what you are reading that you should talk to God about it in prayer. He or someone else can lead you to a right or proper perspective.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think it is relevant to note that Moses did not follow a law he claims to have created.
The question then comes to mind, did Moses create this law before or after he committed to many murders himself-?

Moses murdered the Egyptian and he fled Egypt. Other than that I don't think Moses murdered anyone. Moses did not create the Law, God gave it to him and Israel.