Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jacob, what you call scriptures means bible. It is the Bible that teaches us that God wants to kill us. It is stated over and over again, beginning with Genesis, and ending with Revelations.

The Bible teaches that God is angry, filled with wrath, jealousy and hate, and he’s going to be killing us as he has done in the past because we are not good enough.

So, what you’re saying is that you do in fact believe that God is a killer if you want to believe the Bible. And that is your right. You get to believe whatever you want. There is death in this world, it is all around us and in us. We are all going to die. Maybe that’s why so many people believe that God is an angry killer.

For some of us, the idea that God is a blood thirsty killer is so reprehensible as to make it actually evil to think. We don’t know why we are here to suffer death, but we don’t believe it’s because God is evil. We believe that God is good in spite of the death around us.
You clearly don't know God as He describes Himself in His word.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Are you nuts?

Moses received the Ten Commandments from God. Spare us your antiChristian antiJewish propaganda

Am I nuts? Worthless question.

Moses got the Bible from God huh? Well, just so you are aware, he didn’t get it all from God. He got the eye for an eye part from the Code of Hammurabi.

So, I guess it would be fair to say that he got some of it from God and some of it from the Babylonians.

Or another way to say it is that Christians believe he got it from God, because the Bible says he did.

Another way to view it, is that there is no way the real God had anything to do with it whatsoever because it’s filled with evil things like killing and raping people.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If I didn't, I wouldn't have said anything.

Good for you. Hey...since you know God as he describes himself in his word, would you mind explaining why God says he’s filled with wrath in the OT, but in the NT he condemns wrath as a work of the flesh?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, what you call scriptures means bible. It is the Bible that teaches us that God wants to kill us. It is stated over and over again, beginning with Genesis, and ending with Revelations.

The Bible teaches that God is angry, filled with wrath, jealousy and hate, and he’s going to be killing us as he has done in the past because we are not good enough.

So, what you’re saying is that you do in fact believe that God is a killer if you want to believe the Bible. And that is your right. You get to believe whatever you want. There is death in this world, it is all around us and in us. We are all going to die. Maybe that’s why so many people believe that God is an angry killer.

For some of us, the idea that God is a blood thirsty killer is so reprehensible as to make it actually evil to think. We don’t know why we are here to suffer death, but we don’t believe it’s because God is evil. We believe that God is good in spite of the death around us.
God says that He is not wanting anyone to perish but all to come to repentance.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Good for you. Hey...since you know God as he describes himself in his word, would you mind explaining why God says he’s filled with wrath in the OT, but in the NT he condemns wrath as a work of the flesh?

False premise.

God did not condemn wrath.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
False premise.

God did not condemn wrath.

False answer. The bible says he did. Galatians 5.

"Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [d]adultery, [e]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [f]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

You said you knew God according to his word. So, I asked you a question and you didn't answer it. Would you like to try again?

How is it that God practices wrath, but condemns that practice as a work of the flesh? Or to put it another way.....how can God practice something he despises?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
How not? You said that God is a killer and I disagree.

Jacob, I don’t understand. You said you believe the Bible, but you don’t believe that God is a killer. The Bible says that God has killed millions of people and other living creatures, like animals, and that he will kill again, wiping out most of the planet with plagues.

Do you believe God told Moses to kill the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Day?

Do you believe that God flooded the world, killing everything and everyone except for Noah and his family?

Do you believe that God had his angel kill tens of thousands of Jews in Jerusalem (his people) after David sinned in numbering Israel?

k0de

Am I nuts? Worthless question.

Moses got the Bible from God huh? Well, just so you are aware, he didn’t get it all from God. He got the eye for an eye part from the Code of Hammurabi.

So, I guess it would be fair to say that he got some of it from God and some of it from the Babylonians.

Or another way to say it is that Christians believe he got it from God, because the Bible says he did.

Another way to view it, is that there is no way the real God had anything to do with it whatsoever because it’s filled with evil things like killing and raping people.
Yes your nuts. It His creation and as creator he has every right to include what he wishes on His Script.

Are you so afraid of God's wrath. In so much that it has derail your understanding and reasoning about what he must do with malicious programs?

Questions for you to think about. Why are you so oppose to the wrath of God? And What have you done that the fear of God's wrath is so evident in your heart?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Yes your nuts. It His creation and as creator he has every right to include what he wishes on His Script.

Are you so afraid of God's wrath. In so much that it has derail your understanding and reasoning about what he must do with malicious programs?

Questions for you to think about. Why are you so oppose to the wrath of God? And What have you done that the fear of God's wrath is so evident in your heart?

If you think I’m nuts, why do you care what I think? Did you notice that I didn’t get offended when you called me nuts, but you got offended with me when you thought I insulted you? Just saying.

KOde, to answer your question....if God is Love then there is nothing to fear because love does no harm. Regarding “Gods wrath” I consider that a nonsequitur because love doesn’t have wrath. Love is the opposite of wrath.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, I don’t understand. You said you believe the Bible, but you don’t believe that God is a killer. The Bible says that God has killed millions of people and other living creatures, like animals, and that he will kill again, wiping out most of the planet with plagues.

Do you believe God told Moses to kill the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Day?

Do you believe that God flooded the world, killing everything and everyone except for Noah and his family?

Do you believe that God had his angel kill tens of thousands of Jews in Jerusalem (his people) after David sinned in numbering Israel?

I disagree with your characterization of God as a killer. He would rather that people repent. The point is that God has given the death penalty (human court) and killed (divine intervention or whatever we would call it) as well. If you choose to disobey you may suffer at His hand. But that is not what He wants for you.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It seems clear enough to me that God can be Love, or God can be wrath....but not both. They exclude each other, don’t they?

So, maybe the Bible is just confused and doesn’t even know what God is.

k0de

If you think I’m nuts, why do you care what I think? Did you notice that I didn’t get offended when you called me nuts, but you got offended with me when you thought I insulted you? Just saying.

KOde, to answer your question....if God is Love then there is nothing to fear because love does no harm. Regarding “Gods wrath” I consider that a nonsequitur because love doesn’t have wrath. Love is the opposite of wrath.
Figure of speech. But your posts Guyver are frustrating because your aren't debating. But rather you're preaching attributes of a God that is not God of the Bible. And certainly it isn't the Christian God. But dude who is in your ear? And where are you getting these things from?

Please forgive me if I offended you. Not my intention.

k0de

It seems clear enough to me that God can be Love, or God can be wrath....but not both. They exclude each other, don’t they?

You see making false accusations towards the Bible and my Jesus. I'm going to keep you in my prayers. May the God all mighty open your eyes of understanding of his holy scriptures from revelations of Jesus Christ through the holy spirit.

Man talk about backsliding....

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

They do not exclude each other but you need context. For example, God's wrath is justified because of sin.