Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

Arthur Brain

If she was sentenced to death because she had committed a capital crime, no, I would not opposed to doing so.

Well, there's one huge chasm between us then because there's no way I'd be able to push a defenceless woman off a cliff to her death because she'd had an affair or some such. Not a chance.

I'll take that as a "yes, it was a good thing for the man to give up his seat."

To which I say, "No it wasn't a good thing.

The man who gave up his seat was the driver of the bus, and the old man hasn't driven a vehicle in several years."

Seriously, that was lame.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Nor does your insistence otherwise.

:liberals:

Guess not.

An oak?

Rather, I'd let scripture speak for itself.

The men only brought the woman before Jesus, where the Mosaic law said to bring both.

Jesus would have cross examined each of the witnesses, and had their stories not matched, they would have been subject to bearing false witness in a capital case.

And even if the woman had been found guilty, the Jews did not have the authority to put someone to death for adultery

In other words, it's pointless to try to speculate what Jesus would have condoned, because it was never a possibility in the first place.

It just shows that the law is good, even when people attempt to use it against you.

Your problem, Arty, is that you assume I'm under any obligation to you to answer your questions, just as you are under no obligation to answer any of mine.

That being said, I AM answering your question.

It's just not the answer you want to hear.

No, you're not, again...

You advocate and are now on record for saying you'd be willing to push someone off a cliff if they'd been convicted of a "capital crime". You're not obligated to answer my question in regards as to whether Jesus would have condoned the bludgeoning to death of a convicted adulterer with stones with all legal parameters met but if you were sincere in your convictions you would have.

That you haven't speaks volumes in itself. Volumes of silence but volumes nevertheless.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The one about which part of the Bible I believe and if I reject any of it?

Answered here:

Wow! If what you just said was true....my apologies. I honestly did not see that response. Uh, I guess I’ll have to go back and re-read the thread and see where I made a mistake.

My apologies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
That is horrific, I wouldn't have been able to watch it. It's atrocious that there's some places in the world that still practice such barbarism and sickening that some would wish to implement it in the West.

Yes. Sickening is a great way to describe it. It is one of the worst things I’ve ever had the displeasure of observing. I forced myself to watch it so that I could testify to the truth.

The truth is that it was evil. That is the real evil in this world....the evil that men do.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes. Sickening is a great way to describe it. It is one of the worst things I’ve ever had the displeasure of observing. I forced myself to watch it so that I could testify to the truth.

The truth is that it was evil. That is the real evil in this world....the evil that men do.
That's what happens when people establish wicked laws.

The problem is not that the death penalty is wicked, it's that the law was a wicked law.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
That's what happens when people establish wicked laws.

The problem is not that the death penalty is wicked, it's that the law was a wicked law.

The same law is in the Bible. It’s death by stoning for violating the law. I think it was evil to kill the woman. You may disagree if you like. But you think all people are wicked and all their works are filthy rags, so....I guess you don’t really hold people in high esteem.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The same law is in the Bible.

Book, chapter, and verse please.

It’s death by stoning for violating the law.

Not all punishments for crimes are stoning.

I think it was evil to kill the woman.

I think it was too, but not because the death penalty is evil, but because the law was a wicked law.

You may disagree if you like. But you think all people are wicked

Man is basically evil.

That's not just my thoughts, that's reality.

and all their works are filthy rags,

Compared to God's righteousness.

so....I guess you don’t really hold people in high esteem.

What I think about people has nothing to do with it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Man is basically evil.

We are as God made us, are we not?

In any event, if you consider man evil, then you disagree with Jesus. You literally don’t have the same view that your God does. Jesus said some men are evil, and some are righteous. Righteous, is the opposite of evil.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

any more sickening or evil than if you had chosen to watch the execution by electrocution or hanging of a murderer or a rapist or a child molester?

i suspect a good part of your revulsion was because you don't believe the woman deserved to die

the death penalty is supposed to act as a deterrent - it is intended to be horrific

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I believe the whole Bible, and I don't reject any of it.

I let it say what it says within the context that it says it.

OK.....it took me forever to find this. Now I know why, you had originally responded to another poster in the post that you answered my question. So, now I understand a couple things.

1. You believe every word in the Bible.

2. You believe it was Jesus who gave the law to Moses.

This is based on your own statements.

So, before I proceed to speak about point #2, I need to ask you another question.

Do you believe that Jesus loves the little children?

There's a Christian songs that says Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world; whether yellow black or white, all are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Oh....and one more thing....just so we are communicating effectively....would you please tell me what you think love is?

Thank you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
OK.....it took me forever to find this. Now I know why, you had originally responded to another poster in the post that you answered my question. So, now I understand a couple things.

1. You believe every word in the Bible.

2. You believe it was Jesus who gave the law to Moses.

This is based on your own statements.

So, before I proceed to speak about point #2, I need to ask you another question.

Do you believe that Jesus loves the little children?

There's a Christian songs that says Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world; whether yellow black or white, all are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Oh....and one more thing....just so we are communicating effectively....would you please tell me what you think love is?

Thank you.

Red and yellow black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.