Is the King James Bible Infallible? King James Onlyism Exposed.

Daniel1611

Ironic. You seem to be saying "if I read the KJV Bible there will be parts of it God does not want me to understand. He decides if I need to know something or not. There are things in the Bible I don't need to know."

M-Kay.

If you don't understand the KJV, learn the language: ENGLISH. It's written in English. If English isn't your first language, then you probably just need a Bible in the language you speak fluently. I am a native English speaker so the KJV works fine for me. I took fifth grade English. I know that "thee" means "you."

kiwimacahau

From Mocking you:

OK, have at it....

Heb. 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

John 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. 33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Eccl. 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

Job 36:33: The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattle also concerning the vapor.

2 Corinthians 6:11-13
11O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

Mocking You

I must've missed them. If you want to quote them so I can, go ahead. I don't feel like going back through pages though to give an English lesson.

They are listed only 8 posts above this post, here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4261227&postcount=256

As long as we're at it,

what does "laid up his carriages" (Isaiah 10.28 KJV) mean?

what does, "I thought to advertise thee" (Ruth 4.4 KJV) mean?

what does "we fetched a compass" (Acts 28.13 KJV) mean?

what does "Suffer ye thus far" (Luke 22.51 KJV) mean?

what does "superfluity of naughtiness" (James 1.21 KJV) mean?

what does "Jehoshaphat [..] joined affinity with Ahab" (2 Chron 18:1 KJV) mean?

what does “the flax was bolled” (Exodus 9:31 KJV) mean?

what does "“I would have you without carefulness” (I Cor. 7:32 KJV) mean?

what does “He was moved with choler.” (Daniel 8:7 KJV) mean?

what does "dwelt in Jerusalem in the college.” (II Kings 22:14 KJV) mean?

what does "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries" (1 Samuel 8:13 KJV) mean?

what does "And the kings of the earth lived deliciously with her" (Rev. 18:9 KJV) mean?

what does "the house of Joseph sent to descry Bethel” (Judges 1:23 KJV) mean?

what does "Ye shall not minish ought from your bricks of your daily task" (Exodus 5:19 KVJ) mean?

“By his neesing a light doth shine.” (Job 41:18 KJV)

"while the flesh was in seething, with a fleshhook of three teeth in his hand" (1 Samuel 2:13 KJV)

"Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake" (1 Cor. 10:25 KJV)

"Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture" (Gen 31:34 KJV)

"Let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off" (1 Kings 20:11 KJV)

Last edited:

Nazaroo

Don't encourage him.

He will just fetch a compass and girdeth on his harness,
and by his neesing we will be overwhelmed by his superfluity of naughtiness,
and minish ought from his taking your daughter to be a confectionary,
living deliciously with her, and asking no question for conscience sake.

article-2421823-1BDAA4D5000005DC-756_306x423.jpg

Mocking You

I like it Nazaroo. You are alright.

The palmerworm minishes and prevents the sky lowering.

The collop in my buckler looks like a knop.

That oblation of sodden flesh of chamois with mallows was quite tasty.

I outwent, fetched a compass and unloosed the lachet of the enemy's mail.

That Euroclydon brings glister and carries a firkin of rain.

I used my exactor to mete the offscouring on the pressfats.

My wen hath improved sith I’ve added nitre to my meat.

everready

Ironic. You seem to be saying "if I read the KJV Bible there will be parts of it God does not want me to understand. He decides if I need to know something or not. There are things in the Bible I don't need to know."

M-Kay.

You didn't come here to learn you came here to mock others and what they believe, you've even gone beyond that, now your mocking God, your new signature is very telling.

everready

everready

Casting is giving, waters are people, giving of your substance that God has given "whatever that may be" to others and God will reward you in due time. That's what's written in my heart, what's written in yours?

everready

You didn't come here to learn you came here to mock others and what they believe, you've even gone beyond that, now your mocking God, your new signature is very telling.

everready

Some things are impossible to fake, as it's impossible to know what eyes that can see do see. Yes, tells around here are quite transparent. It would be a full time job, just pointing them out, but, as mentioned yesterday, does reveal who's who. It's also an excellent barometer of the times, much prophecy unfolding, so much controversy raging that has never existed and does not exist in the Bible believing community. There are raging debates going on places like TOL I've never heard brought up, in decades of being involved in the church. To date, I know of nobody in real life wringing their hands over Calvinism, Protestants wringing their hands over Popes, in question their King James Bible is good and being preached from, week after week, year after year, everybody understanding its reading, hear no battles over grace and works, clear Bible teaching on sin and hell. The cults and Bible believers don't waste their time congregating in the real world, to be wetting their pants 24x7, over people unlikely to change. It's like making a career of arguing with some Jehovah's witnesses, something nobody is really doing in the mainstream Christian community. I find more interesting, places like TOL, learning what the reprobates are up to.

Daniel1611

Cast thy bread upon the waters. It means do good deeds or give, and it will come back to you. Not a very confusing verse to me. I read through the verses that Mocking Himself posted as "confusing," and the only one that I have actually had to look up in the past was "fetch a compass." This phrase is not unique to the KJV. It is used in popular novels like Robinson Caruso, which is still widely read to this day. The other verses are pretty straightforward and would only be confusing if one is ignorant of the words used. If you are ignorant of the meanings of words, it has no bearing on the quality of the KJV. It means you need to expand your vocabulary. I think I'll make a thread, when I get the time, with all the difficult words used in the New International Perversion.

Mashiach Yeshua

It has been believed by many for centuries that the KJV, and therefore the English translation of the Bible, is (has been and will be) the infallible word of God. I am a Christian, and this is clearly preposterous! In support of this claim many say Jesus (Yeshua in Aramaic) is the 'word made flesh'.

Undeniably this is a sweeping oversimplification, although made with good intentions, ultimately a story fabricated in ignorance. The Bible known as the King James Version was published by King James I; commissioned in 1604, with four groups translating the lengthy Old Testament from the Greek Septuagint, and two groups translating the Greek New Testament, both into English.

Until about a century ago Scholars were puzzled by the Greek of the New Testament as it did not parallel the Greek of the classical literature, or any other known form. Thus it was assumed to be a special form of Greek and thus holy Greek from the Holy Spirit for a transmission of a special message. However, in 1778 one surviving roll of papyrus scroll survived native Egyptian fire from the town of Fayum, and was dated back to 191 A.D. In 1897 two British archaeologists discovered a multitude of papyri in a rubbish heap in the town of Oxyrhynchus, dating back to the second century. Thus began an intensive and extensive investigation over the next few years where many papyri were uncovered. And, after careful study, the language of the New Testament Greek (translated for the common people by King James I) was not the Greek of the HolySpirit, but the Greek of the common people; "barbaric" Greek by scholarly standards.

The KJV translation was not entirely a New Translation either, in its beginning, but a revision of older translations. The translation from Greek and Latin to English was a political move to make the Bible accessible to unlettered common folks, rather than strictly the scholar and the priest. The KJV came about from earlier works like Wycliffe 1382, and William Tyndale 1526, Coverdale 1535, Rogers 1537, the Great Bible 1539, the Geneva Bible 1560, and the Bishop's Bible 1568. All before the publishing of the KJV in 1611.

Moreover, the KJV was full of typos, and the English language was rapidly modernizing so the following years were full of KJV revisions: 1613, 1615, 1629, 1638, 1762, and finally 1769. It was not until 1864 British and American authorities looked to revise the KJV yet again. Thus we have the conservative Revised English Version of the NT in 1881, and the OT in 1885 after 407 sessions, 6 hours a day, 4 days at a time looking to keep as few alterations as possible. The American version with gradually more modifications from the latest methods translating the Greek publishing its version Revised American Version 1901. The Revised Standard Version was later produced as a newer edition, the NT 1946 and OT 1952.

From here the wealth of new versions and translations spring forth. Some more scholarly, mystical, or old fashion and obscure. Many cling to the old fashion KJV for its mystical phrases here or they which express without political correctness universal truths. However, others utilize newer sources for more accurate translations of the Hebrew and the Greek.

In His Grace,

Mashiach Yeshua

I now posit the claim that if the KJV is fallible, and only centuries old, and the body of Jesus (Yeshua in Aramaic) is at least 2,000 years old. They are not equal. In addition, if Christ the Primordial Word and Logos is as old as Yahweh the Creator Himself and Elohim, then a written text produced by God inspired and God intoxicated men is NOT equal to Christ.

The words may have and to many (self included) intuit, predict and prophecy the birth of the Anointed One of God, Yeshua, but the Book itself is not equal to Yeshua the Christ-bearing body or the Christ-Presence.

May the Light and Awareness of the Risen Lord be upon you!