Is the King James Bible Infallible? King James Onlyism Exposed.

everready

King James himself wrote love letters to his gay lovers. These letters are in British museums. Anyone can go look at them. An English professor has written a book about them. It's not a matter of believing accusations because King James indicts himself with his own writings!

http://www.amazon.com/King-James-Le...82&sr=8-2&keywords=love+letters+of+king+james

According to Dr. Samuel C. Gipp, Th.D., in his scholarly work, The Answer Book, he answers the question, "Was king James a homosexual?"...

No. King James I of England, who authorized the translation of the now famous King James Bible, was considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, monarchs that England has ever seen.

Through his wisdom and determination he united the warring tribes of Scotland into a unified nation, and then joined England and Scotland to form the foundation for what is now known as the British Empire.

At a time when only the churches of England possessed the Bible in English, King James' desire was that the common people should have the Bible in their native tongue. Thus, in 1603, King James called 54 of history's most learned men together to accomplish this great task. At a time when the leaders of the world wished to keep their subjects in spiritual ignorance, King James offered his subjects the greatest gift that he could give them. Their own copy of the Word of God in English.

James, who was fluent in Latin, Greek, and French, and schooled in Italian and Spanish even wrote a tract entitled "Counterblast to Tobacco",which was written to help thwart the use of tobacco in England.

Such a man was sure to have enemies. One such man, Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.

http://samgipp.com/answerbook/

everready

Mocking You

According to Dr. Samuel C. Gipp, Th.D., in his scholarly work, The Answer Book, he answers the question, "Was king James a homosexual?"...

No.

everready

This is simply a fanciful story about one man that accused King James of being a homosexual, that Sam Gipp asserts is not true. We don't need stories from other people.

King James himself wrote love letters to his gay lovers. These letters are in British museums. Anyone can go look at them. It's not a matter of believing accusations because King James indicts himself with his own writings!

This is simply a fanciful story about one man that accused King James of being a homosexual, that Sam Gipp asserts is not true. We don't need stories from other people.

King James himself wrote love letters to his gay lovers. These letters are in British museums. Anyone can go look at them. It's not a matter of believing accusations because King James indicts himself with his own writings!

It also is irrelevant, true or false. Did King James do any of the translating? Further, were any of the translators without sin? Is there anything useful in this line of thought, at all? Think I'll go back to the Liberace thread. At least there you can have a little fun.

Nazaroo

It has to be asked:

Who would be obsessed with proving King James to be a homosexual?

Who would gain by convincing people that King James was gay?

A faggot.

Nazaroo

I don't think so either. My point is that a tenuous argument could be made linking the NWT to the KJV, ...

...just as you are attempting to link King James with homos.

just as everready was attempting to link the Jesuits to Bible translations (where did that come from, BTW?)
It comes from the fact that all modern translations have been sponsored
and then quietly had their copyrights bought up by the mysterious Lockmann Foundation,
a freemasonic front owned by the Jesuits.

http://www.lockman.org/

Thats right: All those 'competing' modern Bibles are owned and copyrighted
by the same group of cultists.

he NASB was published in the following stages
  • Gospel of John (1960)
  • The Gospels (1962)
  • New Testament (1963)
  • Psalms (1968)
  • Complete Bible, Old and New Testaments (1971)
  • Modified Editions (1972, 1973, 1975, 1977)
  • Updated Edition (NASU: 1995)
Copyright and trademark to the NASB text are owned by the Lockman Foundation.[2]

Amplified Bible and other Biblical resources.

Copyright and trademark to the text are owned by the Lockman Foundation.[2]

Blue Letter Bible -

Living Bible -

NIV -

Smell a conspiracy yet?

Abbreviation Name Date RV (British) Revised Version 1881–5 ASV American Standard Version 1901 RSV Revised Standard Version 1952, 1971 NASB New American Standard Bible 1971, 1995 NRSV New Revised Standard Version 1989 ESV English Standard Version 2001, 2007, 2011 WEB World English Bible In progress REV Revised English Version[14] In progress

copyright - the Lockmann Foundation

Mocking You

It also is irrelevant, true or false. Did King James do any of the translating? Further, were any of the translators without sin? Is there anything useful in this line of thought, at all?

I'm merely responding to people that say the NIV was translated by homos by pointing out their beloved KJV Bible was commissioned by a homosexual. If they are going to impugn the NIV because one of the English sylists (not a translator) was gay, then they need to confront the hypocrisy of backing a translation that was commissioned by a homosexual.

I'm merely responding to people that say the NIV was translated by homos by pointing out their beloved KJV Bible was commissioned by a homosexual. If they are going to impugn the NIV because one of the English sylists (not a translator) was gay, then they need to confront the hypocrisy of backing a translation that was commissioned by a homosexual.

True. It's a nonsensical argument, in any regard, so why pursue it? If people want to judge for themselves, Google comparisons between the KJV and the NIV, look at verses very much altered, then decide if the Bible whipped-up in the 1970's is for you, as opposed to an NASB, then, or ASV, decide for themselves if there are, truly, translations of lesser evil. Though not in any cult, I will keep my King James, thank you, and the more some people disparage it, the more it looks like some people protesteth too much. Of course, that can't be so, on TOL. Whatever the case, again, don't listen to me or anybody, look at a critical comparison of other Bible translations versus the King James and decide for yourself. You will find some things painfully obvious. Always do your own homework.

No time now to address this, but there is much on TOL that serves to tear at and impugn things of God, this clear to anybody with Spiritual eyes to see, some things said in the name of Christ that wouldn't leave the lips of a Christian, irreverence that even tries to cast a shadow on God. It's near thematic around here. Folks, buyer beware!

Last edited:

Nazaroo

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Who is "Biblica, Inc." ???

Turns out they are actually these people:

The International Bible Society (IBS) was headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, a nonprofit Christian organization that translates, publishes, and distributes the Christian Bible and other resources through ministry, retail, and distribution channels. The IBS was founded in New York in 1809 as the New York Bible Society and changed its name to the International Bible Society in 1983.[1]

Merger and name change

In March 2007, IBS merged with Send the Light (STL), a UK-based, Christian-resources distribution organization established in 1957 by Operation Mobilization founder George Verwer. STL has become one of the largest distributors of Christian resources, with distribution centers in the UK, India, and the U.S. STL also has retail operations in various parts of the world. The combined organization was named IBS-STL until 2009, when the more descriptive name Biblica was chosen to represent the global organization and reflect its emphasis on the Bible.

Thus, virtually all modern English versions are either copyrighted by

(1) The Lockmann Foundation (California), or

(2) Biblica (New York).

The real English Bible remains the copyright of the British Crown.

Various updates of the KJV have been done in the Commonwealth and USA,
and those copyrights are held either by Nelson Publishing (US), or
individuals.

Large amounts of Roman Catholic money has flowed into these 'foundations',
largely to secure some control over and modification of the Bible text
to support ROMAN CATHOLIC Doctrine.

If you doubt this, we need only remind the reader that virtually all
modern translations of the New Testament are based on the UBS text,

(United Bible Societies), which in turn is a special edition of the NESTLE text (dumbed down further).

The chairman / Chief Editor of the UBS text was....

Cardinal Martini of the Roman Catholic Church.

the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece 27th ... It is the same Greek text as the UBS (United Bible Society) 4th edition. These are the Greek readings and texts that are followed by such modern versions as the ESV, NIV, NASB, Holman Standard AND the new Catholic versions like the St. Joseph New American Bible 1970 and the New Jerusalem bible 1985. If you have a copy of the Nestle-Aland 27th edition, open the book and read what they tell us in their own words on page 45 of the Introduction. Here these critical Greek text editors tell us about how the Greek New Testament (GNT, now known as the UBS) and the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece grew together and shared the same basic text.In the last paragraph on page 45 we read these words:

"The text shared by these two editions was adopted internationally by Bible Societies, and FOLLOWING AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VATICANAND THE UNITED BIBLE SOCIETIES IT HAS SERVED AS THE BASIS FOR NEW TRANSLATIONS AND FOR REVISIONS MADE UNDER THEIR SUPERVISION. THIS MARKS A SIGNIFICANT STEP WITH REGARD TO INTERCONFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS. It should naturally be understood that this text is a working text: it is not to be considered as definitive, but as a stimulus to further efforts toward defining and verifying the text of the New Testament."

Guess why the UBS (United Bible Society) Greek texts are the basis for all these new versions? It's because Catholics and Evangelicals were united to produce this text. One of the 5 chief editors was the Jesuit Cardinal Carlos Martini,who believed god was in all men and in all religions.

Just open a copy of the UBS New Testament Greek and turn to the first page. There you will see a list of the 5 chief editors who put this abomination together. The 4th name on the list, right before the inerrancy denying Bruce Metzger, is Carlo M. Martini.

In his book "In the Thick of His Ministry" the Jesuit Cardinal Martini writes: “The deification which is the aim of all religious life takes place. During a recent trip to India I was struck by the yearning for the divine that pervades the whole of Hindu culture. It gives rise to extraordinary religious forms and extremely meaningful prayers. I wondered: What is authentic in this longing to fuse with the divine dominating the spirituality of hundreds of millions of human beings, so that they bear hardship, privation, exhausting pilgrimages, in search of this ecstasy?" (In The Thick Of His Ministry, Carlo M. Martini, page 42.)

Jesuit Cardinal Martini served on the editorial committee for the United Bible Societies' 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions. These are the "bibles" most modern Christians are using today when they pick up the ESV, NIV, NASB, NET or modern Catholic "bibles".

The United Bible Society has been directly associated with apostate Unitarians, who deny the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Roman Catholic Church from the very beginning and even more so today. See 4 pages of documentation that prove this beyond all possible doubt.

The True Colors of the United Bible Society

http://prophets-see-all.tripod.com/46645.htm
http://prophets-see-all.tripod.com/46646.htm
http://prophets-see-all.tripod.com/46647.htm
http://prophets-see-all.tripod.com/46648.htm

Mocking You

True. It's a nonsensical argument, in any regard, so why pursue it?

To complain that the NIV is tainted because a lesser staff person (not a translator) was gay without acknowledging that the person responsible for creation of the KJV was gay, is hypocrisy. It's "why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

If people want to judge for themselves, Google comparisons between the KJV and the NIV, look at verses very much altered,

And herein is part of the problem. Who says the KJV is the gold standard whereby all other translations have been "altered"? They use two differing source manuscripts, of course they are going to have minor variations.

then decide if the Bible whipped-up in the 1970's is for you,

Here is another problem. Disparaging a version because it was recently translated. If you want a Bible to be readable in today's English it's going to need to be recently translated! It only makes sense.

as opposed to an NASB, then, or ASV, decide for themselves if there are, truly, translations of lesser evil.

Yep, problem again. The KJV is the one and only translation; all others are evil.

Though not in any cult, I will keep my King James, thank you, and the more some people disparage it, the more it looks like some people protesteth too much.

And I'm glad you like the KJV. However, no one profits from disparaging and denigrating other translations as if the KJV is spotless. It isn't.

Whatever the case, again, don't listen to me or anybody, look at a critical comparison Bible translations versus the King James and decide for yourself. You will find some things painfully obvious. Always do your own homework.

Oh, I have done my own homework. I have a KJV/NIV parallel Bible with both translations of each verse side-by-side. That is how I came to find the shortcomings of the KJV.

Here is another problem. Disparaging a version because it was recently translated. If you want a Bible to be readable in today's English it's going to need to be recently translated! It only makes sense.

Yep, problem again. The KJV is the one and only translation; all others are evil.

Christians everywhere, in the masses, have no problem with understanding the KJV, the most marginal archaic language so-called problem a literacy problem or lack of spiritual understanding, or having not reached puberty and needing big letters ala Dick and Jane. There aren't enough such words to be a problem to a person who knows modern English. This is nonsense. If one goes stupid to God's word at the sound of the KJV, they have another problem. Also, my intent was to say one can do much better than an NIV, the NASB and ASV good translations, even if one subscribes to the red herring the KJV is impossible to read. If somebody's so illiterate or spiritually blind, any Bible is a problem.

Mocking You

Christians everywhere, in the masses, have no problem with understanding the KJV, the most marginal archaic language problem a literacy problem or lack of spiritual understanding. There aren't enough such words to be a problem to a person who knows modern English. This is nonsense. If one goes stupid to God's word at the sound of the KJV, they have another problem. Also, my intent was to say one can do much better than an NIV, the NASB and ASV good translations, even if one subscribes to the red herring the KJV is impossible to read. If somebody's so illiterate or spiritually blind, any Bible is a problem.

I was KJVO for most of my Christian life. It's not a spiritual blindness to want to read a different translation. It's not stupid to want to read a different translation. Really, I've never seen so many insults fly around a forum ever, in my entire life. You are very subtle about it, nevertheless you practice it.

Again, I've got the parallel Bible. There are words in the KJV that would flummox new Christians, probably cause them to quit reading the Bible. Who wants that? There are HUNDREDS of words that are archaic. If one set out to read the KJV Bible cover to cover you would run across them. It's chock full of them.

It's not a spiritual blindness to want to read a different translation. It's not stupid to want to read a different translation. Really, I've never seen so many insults fly around a forum ever, in my entire life. You are very subtle about it, nevertheless you practice it.

I said no such things. This is not an insult, though you'll take it this way, but you've literally just displayed a reading comprehension and psychological problem, at best. There are only two possibilities. You are projecting on to me, which is a defensive mental issue involving narcissism, or you're a liar. I even recommended an NASB or ASV. In any case, there is no possibility I'm the subtle one here, as demonstrated by your own thoughts and words, meant to put words into the mouth of, slander and attack the messenger. But, in all honesty, I appreciate all the tells out there of such things, which reveal who's who, see nothing incongruous that you also denigrate the King James Bible, have a penchant for casting doubt. Talk about subtle. (But not really so subtle...)

kiwimacahau

Yeah, I think both of you are projecting. No one cares if you like the KJV or any other translation just so long as you do not disparage those who differ from you.

everready

MY says: There are words in the KJV that would flummox new Christians, probably cause them to quit reading the Bible.

New Christians become new Christians for one simple reason explained here.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Once we come to Jesus the Holy Spirit reveals God to us, explained here.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Those archaic words become crystal clear once God explains them to you, he's been doing it quite successfully for thousands of years.

everready

Mocking You

Those archaic words become crystal clear once God explains them to you, he's been doing it quite successfully for thousands of years.

everready

OK, have at it....

Heb. 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

John 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. 33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Eccl. 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

Job 36:33: The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattle also concerning the vapor.

2 Corinthians 6:11-13
11O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

everready

OK, have at it....

Heb. 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

John 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. 33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Eccl. 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

Job 36:33: The noise thereof sheweth concerning it, the cattle also concerning the vapor.

2 Corinthians 6:11-13
11O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

Daniel 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

Give and it will be given unto you..

What are you after here, a bible study?

everready

everready

Nope, simple common sense although I note you ignored the harder ones.

Since I've been a Christian God gives me understanding for the situations in my life, on a need to know basis, if i pursue something that won't benefit my spiritual growth God knows, he directs our steps. i don't know everything, i don't need to, you don't need to, in the beginning that's how this mess got started. This thread is about changing words to give them a different meaning, that's what these new translations do, that's what I've been finding, and along with that a bunch of people that are confused.

everready

Mocking You

Since I've been a Christian God gives me understanding for the situations in my life, on a need to know basis, if i pursue something that won't benefit my spiritual growth God knows, he directs our steps. i don't know everything, i don't need to, you don't need to, in the beginning that's how this mess got started.

Ironic. You seem to be saying "if I read the KJV Bible there will be parts of it God does not want me to understand. He decides if I need to know something or not. There are things in the Bible I don't need to know."

M-Kay.