Is the King James Bible Infallible? King James Onlyism Exposed.

everready

I don't know that they accept it. How do you know this?

I'm not big on conspiracy theories and anyway, why would I care what the Jesuits think about the Bible?

I can play this sort of game as well. For example, did you know that the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible, the New World Translation lines up with the KJV in how it treats the Holy Spirit? In at least four places the KJV refers to the Holy Spirit as "IT", stripping the person of the Holy Spirit out of the Bible, thereby weakening the Trinity. None of the modern versions use "It" or "Itself" when referring to one of the Persons of the Trinity.

John 1:32 "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and IT abode upon him."

Romans 8:16 "The Spirit ITSELF beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."

Romans 8:26b "The Spirit ITSELF maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

I Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify when IT testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow."

So, back at ya, everready--If the Jehovah's Witnesses Bible lines up with the KJV on the Trinity, then that's a HUGE problem for me.

Then you don't know who the Jesuits are and their main goal? To destroy Protestantism to destroy any and all references in Gods word concerning Antichrist. When the world discovered the Antichrist in the Vatican all bets were off, the papacy was exposed by scripture, people could finally read for themselves, this campaign to rewrite the bible has been going on for quite a spell and now as the end of all thinks approaches the campaign has gone to another level "A Jesuit pope"

everready

Mocking You

Then you don't know who the Jesuits are and their main goal? To destroy Protestantism to destroy any and all references in Gods word concerning Antichrist. When the world discovered the Antichrist in the Vatican all bets were off, the papacy was exposed by scripture, people could finally read for themselves, this campaign to rewrite the bible has been going on for quite a spell and now as the end of all thinks approaches the campaign has gone to another level "A Jesuit pope"

everready

Did Jesuits translate the NIV? No. So stop banging on about the Jesuits. Stick to the topic.

everready

A Brief History of the Jesuits

A Brief History of the Jesuits

Did Jesuits translate the NIV? No. So stop banging on about the Jesuits. Stick to the topic.

Then i was right you don't know who the Jesuits are because that's what this topic is about them attacking the bible as we know it, to get it to say what they want it to say.. maybe a brief history of their movements will help.

In working to stamp out Protestantism, the Jesuits used two primary tactics. Politically, once they exercised influence over the ruler, or rulers, of a country, they drove them to persecute the Protestants; and religiously, they actually infiltrated the Protestant churches and denominations, and worked to undermine them from within.

Their Plots against English Protestantism: 16th and 17th Centuries
Just a few short years after the founding of the Order, the Jesuits had established seminaries on the continent of Europe for the purpose of training young English noblemen as Roman Catholic missionaries. These men, when their training was complete, were sent back to Britain as traitors, to once again subjugate the land to the pope of Rome. In 1551, the Council of Trent sent secret instructions to the Jesuits of Paris on how to undermine and destroy the “Church of England”.

A copy, accidentally dropped by a Jesuit priest in a pulpit in 1568, was found. The instructions were these: “Ye are not to preach all after one method but observe the place wherein you come. If Lutheranism be prevalent, then preach Calvinism; if Calvinism, then Lutheranism; if in England, then either of them, or John Huss’ opinions, Anabaptism, or any that are contrary to the Holy See of St. Peter, by which your function will not be suspected, and yet you may still act on the interest of Mother Church; there being, as the Council are agreed on, no better way to demolish that Church (the Church of England) of heresy, but by mixture of doctrines, and by adding of ceremonies more than at present permitted.

Some of you who undertook to be of this sort of Heretical Episcopal Society, bring it as near to the Mother Church as you can; for then the Lutheran party, the Calvinists, the Anabaptists and other heretics, will be averse thereto, and thereby make the Episcopal heresy odious to all these, and be a means to reduce all in time to Mother Church.”

http://www.thebibleistheotherside.org/newsitem25.htm

everready

6days

So, you're maintaining there are no translators in hell?

Do I agree? It's a Christian forum, no old saying about bears and the woods, now...
Sorry...I'm a bit thick and don't understand your point. I'm saying the JW Bible is not a true translation.... but you disagree with me?

6days

Mocking You said:
DO NOT USE "IT"*when referring to the Holy Spirit.
I agree with you.

But, I don't think there is any intent on theological spin when "it" is used in the KJV or other translations.

International Standard Version
John also testified, "I saw the Spirit coming down from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him.*

NET Bible
Then John testified, "I saw the Spirit descending like a dove from heaven, and it remained on him.

Jubilee Bible 2000
And John gave testimony, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

King James 2000 Bible
And John bore record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

American Standard Version
And John bare witness, saying, I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven; and it abode upon him.

Darby Bible Translation
And John bore witness, saying, I beheld the Spirit descending as a dove from heaven, and it abode upon him.

English Revised Version
And John bare witness, saying, I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven; and it abode upon him.

Webster's Bible Translation
And John bore testimony, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Weymouth New Testament
John also gave testimony by stating: "I have seen the Spirit coming down like a dove out of Heaven; and it remained upon Him.

Young's Literal Translation
And John testified, saying -- 'I have seen the Spirit coming down, as a dove, out of heaven, and it remained on him;

Mocking You

Then i was right you don't know who the Jesuits are because that's what this topic is about them attacking the bible as we know it, to get it to say what they want it to say.. maybe a brief history of their movements will help.

<snip stuff>

everready

non sequitur.

BTW, the Douay-Rheims 1899 Bible (Catholic Bible) uses "He" for the Holy Spirit.

Mocking You

I agree with you.

But, I don't think there is any intent on theological spin when "it" is used in the KJV or other translations.

I don't think so either. My point is that a tenuous argument could be made linking the NWT to the KJV, just as everready was attempting to link the Jesuits to Bible translations (where did that come from, BTW?)

Do all these other translations go a perfect 4 for 4 using "It" in the four verses I listed?

Sorry...I'm a bit thick and don't understand your point. I'm saying the JW Bible is not a true translation.... but you disagree with me?

No. I don't disagree with you. Yes. I do agree with you. There's no maybe about my agreeing with you.

There. Was that every permutation? But if, in the revered TOL tradition, you want to fight about it, I've had more time on my hands lately, and I'll disagree with you.

Mocking You

You just can't get over it.

This is important stuff. Referring to a person of the Trinity, the one who dwells inside each believer as an impersonal "it" borders on blasphemy, IMO. I wouldn't let it go by so lightly.

Let's say the KJV used the word "He" for the Holy Spirit and the modern translations used "it" in those verses. You can be sure the KJVO crowd would be screaming invectives from the rooftops.

This is important stuff. Referring to a person of the Trinity, the one who dwells inside each believer as an impersonal "it" borders on blasphemy, IMO. I wouldn't let it go by so lightly.

Let's say the KJV used the word "He" for the Holy Spirit and the modern translations used "it" in those verses. You can be sure the KJVO crowd would be screaming invectives from the rooftops.

Don't mean to sidetrack the critical issues of the day, but would those be Spirit-filled invectives, screamed from rooftops? I sincerely try to understand what goes on around here, but I'm mired in trying to understand why the Catholics are still fighting the Reformation, much less have any handle on holiness bickering. I try targeting the outrageously egregious things, though don't get all excited, try dishing some out, but, more often that not, feel sinful to agree with some people. Anyway, I'll not detain anybody further from the battlefield.

Daniel1611

Catholic like the NIV because it is constructed to support false Catholic doctrines. Why anyone uses a garbage translation made by a bunch of homos and other nonbelievers is beyond me.

Daniel1611

Aha, more lies, more poisoning the well. Par for the course for KJV-Onlyists.

The NIV users have yet to give ONE area where the NIV is superior to the KJV. The NIV's source documents are literal garbage. The NIV's translators were homos and unbelievers who look like uneducated hicks next to the KJV translators. Catholics and other unsaved phonies like the NIV because it supports their false doctrines. The NIV belongs in the trash like Codex Sinaiitcus was.

kiwimacahau

Codex Sinaiticus was not found in the garbage; there was one lesbian, Virginia Mollenkott, on the NIV team and she did not work on the translation but was an English Stylist. Catholics do not use the NIV, preferring either the Douay-Rheims or the Jerusalem ; New Jerusalem or the RSV.

Mocking You

Catholic like the NIV because it is constructed to support false Catholic doctrines. Why anyone uses a garbage translation made by a bunch of homos and other nonbelievers is beyond me.

Catholics like the 1611 KJV because it contained the Roman Catholic Apocrypha. There is a page at the front of the 1611 KJV dedicated to the "blessed virgin."

King James himself was a homosexual. Whaddya think about that?

Mocking You

The NIV users have yet to give ONE area where the NIV is superior to the KJV.

Oh, I think we've already done so. That's why the name calling has started.

But what are you looking for?

Ease of reading?
Superior translation into modern day English language?
Verses translated so as to better support fundamental doctrinal beliefs?

Take your pick. I'll give you examples.

everready

Catholics like the 1611 KJV because it contained the Roman Catholic Apocrypha. There is a page at the front of the 1611 KJV dedicated to the "blessed virgin."

King James himself was a homosexual. Whaddya think about that?

i think you choose to believe he was a homosexual, Christians come under fire all of the time, they accused Jesus of things worse than that do you believe those accusations?

everready

Mocking You

i think you choose to believe he was a homosexual, Christians come under fire all of the time, they accused Jesus of things worse than that do you believe those accusations?

everready

King James himself wrote love letters to his gay lovers. These letters are in British museums. Anyone can go look at them. An English professor has written a book about them. It's not a matter of believing accusations because King James indicts himself with his own writings!

http://www.amazon.com/King-James-Le...82&sr=8-2&keywords=love+letters+of+king+james