Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
No, you did, where did i mention what kind of punishment happens while talking to you?

I believe its the kind Christ stated it was, weeping and gnashing of teeth - grinding them in the knowledge of how many times one could have received the truth, how many times they harmed themselves and others.

What kind of weeping and grinding of teeth do angels or sons of god do?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Tell me how those who are asleep and then destroyed completely are able to cry and wail in suffering, rage, anger, worry despair?

Those are what weeping and gnashing of teeth are.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
gnashing of teeth is a metaphor for worry/anquish/ suffering

Definition: angry noise and upset
example :There has been much gnashing of teeth about the proposal to close the hospital.
Howabout Gehenna was not some extradimensional place, but existed in Israel. Are you sure you are going where your worm won't be dying, and where thy thirst will not have been quenched?

StanJ53

So you think a dog is like a plant.

LA

Is this all you do is answer questions with questions?
You sound very uncommitted to your opinions.
Why bother making them if you can't defend them?

Yes I think a dog is like a plant in that God created them both for a purpose and that does NOT include being anything like mankind.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You define salvation wrong, and it is a little early for you to think you have some guarantee into the kingdom of god.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

StanJ53

Matthew 25:46 does not say that anyone goes to eternal conscious torment, okay?

It says; "And these will depart to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Just EXACTLY why do you think Jesus said 'eternal punishment', and not destruction or destroyed, or even eliminated? Death is a one time experience, it does not happen continuously for eternity. Punishment is just that, the reaping for what you have sown. It is continual, just as it is in your own life today when you reap what you sow.
Why would Jesus come back to condemn those who are already, according to your belief, meta-physically dead? Think about it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this all you do is answer questions with questions?
You sound very uncommitted to your opinions.
Why bother making them if you can't defend them?

Yes I think a dog is like a plant in that God created them both for a purpose and that does NOT include being anything like mankind.

A dog is a nephesh.

A plant is not.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It says; "And these will depart to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Just EXACTLY why do you think Jesus said 'eternal punishment', and not destruction or destroyed, or even eliminated? Death is a one time experience, it does not happen continuously for eternity. Punishment is just that, the reaping for what you have sown. It is continual, just as it is in your own life today when you reap what you sow.
Why would Jesus come back to condemn those who are already, according to your belief, meta-physically dead? Think about it.

Jesus said perish, not being held in an eternal suffering state.

LA

StanJ53

A dog is a nephesh.

A plant is not.

LA

Yes I agree...I said a dog is LIKE a plant in that they are both alive. A dog is also like a dolphin and a mollusc, but none of them have a soul. Nephesh also means creature, which an insect qualifies as. None has a soul like humans do. As far as I read in Rev 21 and 22, only humans will be in the new earth, and ONE tree, the Tree of Life.

StanJ53

Jesus said perish, not being held in an eternal suffering state.

LA

Jesus said what I quoted and that is NOT what you write here.
The word is κόλασις kolasis, and does NOT mean perish. It means what it says. Perish ONLY relates to the body, as Jesus says in John 10:28, where the word used is ἀπόλλυμι apollymi, which means to be destroyed.
Jesus knew what words to use and you are NOT using the words He actually used. Jesus conveyed the essence of what hell is, and it IS eternal meta-physical cognizant separation from God. If that isn't torment, then I don't know what is.