Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

not4sure

Ωχ! Το πτώμα μιας γάτας νιαυρίζει μέσα στο ψυγείο μου! Τι πρέπει να κάνω? Boήθεια!!!!

Timotheos

Guess you are not the scholar you think you are.

I said that I read the NT in greek everyday. That is not from the NT.
I never said I was a greek scholar. You guys are twisting what I said.

I know why you don't defend your position biblically. Because the bible does not supprt your position. So you attack me instead. Nice going.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Do not forget to consider what happens to those babies God had Israel kill when they entered into Canaan or when the flood killed all but eight souls in the flood, or in the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans.

We will not see them in Heaven, and they will not suffer eternally either.

LA

Babies lack moral/mental capacity to sin/reject God. They will be in heaven despite the temporal judgments of the Flood.

not4sure

Ωχ! Το πτώμα μιας γάτας νιαυρίζει μέσα στο ψυγείο μου! Τι πρέπει να κάνω? Boήθεια!!!!

Oh! The corpse of a cat is meowing inside my fridge! What I should do? Help!!!!

Guess some folk have limited Greek knowledge.....

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Remember that the parable in Luke 16 is a parable. Do you have any other evidence that dead people are conscious? In every other account of dead people in the Bible, none of them are conscious. I've seen dead people. They are not conscious. It is up to you to prove that dead people are conscious, you are making this claim and it is a bit farfetched. (Understatement, it is wildly farfetched)

Dead people are not physically conscious, but that does not preclude being conscious in the after life (spirit/soul is real you; body without spirit is physically dead, but spirit without body is not unaware).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You did say that dead people were unconscious.

Exactly and he even said i would see my son again at the white throne judgment after i said we go to heaven when we die, because we have already been judged as believers and do not face the white throne judgment, that its for non believers and he said no we are all judged there.

He is teaching soul sleep but doesn't like it called that.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
WHAT???!!!!

I absolutely DO NOT have to argue against the resurrection of believers. What are you talking about? I'm not even arguing against the resurrection of unbelievers. You don't know what I believe.

I believe that BOTH believers and unbelievers are resurrected by Jesus Christ on the lst day when he returns. I do not believe there are 1000 years after the last day. If there were, it would not be the last day. Eschatologically, I am Amil.

When Jesus returns both believers and unbelievers will be resurrected, just as Jesus Christ said. All will stand for judgment before Him. Those who are with Him will go to eternal life. Those who are against Him will go to the second death.

Don't attempt to argue against my position until you understand what my position is. :hammer:

Amill....another later idea under Augustine not held by the early church (it was pre-mill.). Are you Reformed? Is there a website for your local church or denomination statement of faith that you adhere to or are you an oxymoronic Lone Ranger Christian. Are you trinitarian?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said that I read the NT in greek everyday. That is not from the NT.
I never said I was a greek scholar. You guys are twisting what I said.

I know why you don't defend your position biblically. Because the bible does not supprt your position. So you attack me instead. Nice going.

No it's not. It talks about a cat.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Okay lady, I guess you didn't understand what I was asking. I will ask again. Tell me where I ever said the dead "SLEEP".

I think it was you or could have been someone else. Sleep is an apt metaphor for physical death because the body looks like it is sleeping. It does not preclude spiritual/eternal death issues that still involve awareness.

not4sure

Το διαστημόπλοιο μου είναι γεμάτο με κοτόπουλα. Θα τα κάνω κοτομπουκιές με το σπαθί-λέηζερ.

My spaceship is full of chickens. I'll turn them into nuggets with my laser-saber!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I've seen "gotquestions". They have sloppy scholarship.

In your opinion I need more in depth study? I won't disagree, but let me ask you this. Can you read the New Testament in greek, like I can? Perhaps I know more than you think. Perhaps you are mistaken about some things. Do you think that could be possible?

I doubt you can read the NT in Greek (I can too, but I could not parse or understand it all without tools).

Got questions has some good articles, but others that I would disagree with for sure. It is a quick treatment, not an exhaustive one, on any given subject. Like any source, they have their bias/beliefs.

dreadknought

Το διαστημόπλοιο μου είναι γεμάτο με κοτόπουλα. Θα τα κάνω κοτομπουκιές με το σπαθί-λέηζερ.

My spaceship is full of chickens. I'll turn them into nuggets with my laser-saber!
:first:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I so owe some rep in this thread on the last couple pages!