Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Timotheos

Now you are showing yourself a liar, anyone can see what i said in my quote and i said spiritually, not literally/physically.

Keep playing games like that, and youll not have many to talk to, because dishonesty like that makes for poor discussion.

You have got some nerve calling me a liar. I haven't lied about anything. I know that metaphorically dead people can be alive. But you are trying to use that metaphor to justify you belief that real dead people are alive somehow. You are comparing apples to oranges. You are comparing dead apples to living apples.

If you do not understand me, ask a clarifyign question. Don't fly off the handle and ASSUME that I'm lying. Keep playing games like that, and I won't respond to your posts at all.

Timotheos

I completely understood it and you admitted it but said that you felt it to be insulting to have your belief called "soul sleep" and anyone can trace back through this thread and see it all themselves, im not digging up your dishonesty again like i just had to.

You've shown me enough already to discard your position due to your dishonesty.

I'm done with you. You are lying about me. I haven't lied about anything. I will not respond to another post by you. I can see what kind of person you are.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You have got some nerve calling me a liar. I haven't lied about anything. I know that metaphorically dead people can be alive. But you are trying to use that metaphor to justify you belief that real dead people are alive somehow. You are comparing apples to oranges. You are comparing dead apples to living apples.

If you do not understand me, ask a clarifyign question. Don't fly off the handle and ASSUME that I'm lying. Keep playing games like that, and I won't respond to your posts at all.

Good. As I am not interested in anything you have to say now. You have failed to prove your position and even lied about it, and lied about what ive said here and its not an assumption, you made me dig you up and prove it, and then asked me to actually do it again.

You need to ask yourself about your own position being trustworthy if you have to lie to people to support it.

Good day.

Timotheos

Sure, here's the short version. Google "Bema Seat" for more in depth study, which you obviously need.

http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Christ.html

I've seen "gotquestions". They have sloppy scholarship.

In your opinion I need more in depth study? I won't disagree, but let me ask you this. Can you read the New Testament in greek, like I can? Perhaps I know more than you think. Perhaps you are mistaken about some things. Do you think that could be possible?

Timotheos

Give us the quote where A4T said that. Please don't tell us she implied it either. That is called mind reading.

see the post just before your post where I quoted her saying that I believed dead people were asleep. When I asked her to tell me where I said that dead people were asleep she posted one of my posts where I didn't say that I believed dead people were asleep. Then she flew off the handle and called me a liar.

not4sure

In your opinion I need more in depth study? I won't disagree, but let me ask you this. Can you read the New Testament in greek, like I can? Perhaps I know more than you think. Perhaps you are mistaken about some things. Do you think that could be possible?

Please translate: Το Χόβερκράφτ μου είναι γεμάτο χέλια

No using google

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then what term do you like for your heresy?

Exactly, his objection was that i used the term "soul sleep" for it:

The term "soul sleep" is pretty offensive, don't you think?
Jesus said "our friend lazarus sleepeth". Would you call Jesus Christ a SDA or a believer in "soul sleep"?

I could use derogatory terms for the beliefs of others too. I could, but I won't.

And i see hes quoted me from context also again because now hes trying to deny what he said earlier in the thread. He put forth the doctrine of soul sleep and then objected only to me calling it that, and asking him if he was sda, not once did he ever deny that is what he believed, only that he didnt like it being called that, and never responded to me proving it wasnt possible for believers to come to the final judgment, which i already showed.

Good luck with the slippery snake.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oh my, a Greek scholar! Since you're such a scholar, you may want to go back to your post and capitalize Greek. Give me a break. Disprove that there is a Judgement Seat of Christ!

doloresistere

see the post just before your post where I quoted her saying that I believed dead people were asleep. When I asked her to tell me where I said that dead people were asleep she posted one of my posts where I didn't say that I believed dead people were asleep. Then she flew off the handle and called me a liar.

You did say that dead people were unconscious.

Timotheos

You people are not acting like Christians. Good bye.

And by the way, the wages of sin is death, not eternal torture.

Goodbye