Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

The truth would be derived from the core sacred texts of Islam; just as the truth about Christianity can be deduced or gathered from it's core sacred text.

Man is known to have been, and too, currently be, inaccurate, or misrepresentative of the actual writings inspired by GOD.

I don't divide my personal faith from others based on names of "religions".

I wouldn't be offended if you called me Christian or Islamic or other names associated with those who strive to be submissive to the will of GOD and reflective of HIS qualities shown via the Christ/ Way/ Spirit.

peace
Why not just say you do not want to know the truth, that Islam is a false religion. Are you a closet Muslim?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Apple7

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

While not divinely inspired, the Koran is an extra-Biblical confirmation to the Holy Bible, up to, and including, Jesus' Crucifixion until death upon The Cross, His singular Resurrection on the third day, His deity, The Trinity, etc, etc, etc...

popsthebuilder

While not divinely inspired, the Koran is an extra-Biblical confirmation to the Holy Bible, up to, and including, Jesus' Crucifixion until death upon The Cross, His singular Resurrection on the third day, His deity, The Trinity, etc, etc, etc...
So do you believe that the Spirit died or that the Holy Temple of GOD was destroyed and raised up again by That self same Spirit that dwelled within the physical body?

Do you worship in spirit and in truth or do you worship man?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
where does the bible say this?

trinity is not mentioned anywhere in that scripture, it only speaks of worshiping the Father who Jesus says is one.
From pleasetellmethetruth.org

The Resurrection is right at the heart of the Christian faith. We celebrate the fact that our Savior is risen and has defeated death. The power of God is on full display in the Resurrection since each person raised Jesus from the dead, thus proving the fact God is Triune. This also refutes the notion the Trinity is made up of three gods (like Mormonism teaches), or that the Trinity is unbiblical (like Jehovah’s Witnesses teach).

One of the easiest ways to prove the Trinity biblically to the cults is to ask cultists if they believe God raised Jesus from the dead. They will agree with you because it is a biblical truth (Acts 2:24, 32; Rom. 10:9; 1 Pet. 1:21). However, the Bible clearly states that each person of the Godhead raised Jesus from the dead.

First, Scripture plainly states that the Father raised Jesus from the dead (Gal.1:1; Eph. 1:20). The JWs or LDS have often heard God or the Father raised Jesus from the dead but not the other members of the Trinity. But to avoid confusion, emphasize that God raised Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). When the Bible says God raised Jesus from the dead, it is often referring to all three members of the Trinity. This is true throughout the Bible, unless it specifies which person. Emphasize this when talking to non-Trinitarians so they do not think you are advocating that Jesus is the Spirit or the Father.

Remember, in addition to the Father, the Son played a role in the Resurrection. Jesus declared He would raise Himself from the dead. After cleansing the temple in John 2, Jesus was questioned by the Jews for a sign after declaring the temple to be His Father’s house and purging it of vendors:
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said (John 2:19-22,NKJV).
Notice that Jesus does not give glory to any other when declaring He would raise Himself from the dead. The common objection to these powerful verses is that Jesus is using symbolic language. However, notice verse 21 of John chapter two: “He was talking about the temple of His body”—the “temple” He would raise up in three days was His body. The Apostle John specifically wrote verse 21 so the reader would understand Jesus was declaring that He would raise Himself up physically from the dead because He was God.

Last, the Spirit also raised Jesus from the dead. In Romans 8:9-11, we read the following:
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Here we read God the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, and this same Spirit dwells in all believers. Thus, we have strong evidence from Scripture, when describing the Resurrection, that the Triune Godhead raised Jesus from the dead.

Each person of the Trinity played a part in the Resurrection, yet collectively the same essence of God raised Jesus from the dead. Note, unbelievers will often ask how Jesus could raise Himself from the dead if He died on the cross. Kindly point out to them that only his body died and His spirit was still alive. Show them how Jesus told the thief on the cross He would see him in paradise the same day they were crucified (Luke 23:43), so his spirit had not ceased to exist.

popsthebuilder

That is a very elaborate way to say the Spirit resurrected Jesus.

Needless division is pointless and only adds confusion at minimum, and adds the status of GOD to man at the other end of the spectrum.

The Resurrection is right at the heart of the Christian faith. We celebrate the fact that our Savior is risen and has defeated death. The power of God is on full display in the Resurrection since each person raised Jesus from the dead, thus proving the fact God is Triune. This also refutes the notion the Trinity is made up of three gods (like Mormonism teaches), or that the Trinity is unbiblical (like Jehovah’s Witnesses teach).

One of the easiest ways to prove the Trinity biblically to the cults is to ask cultists if they believe God raised Jesus from the dead. They will agree with you because it is a biblical truth (Acts 2:24, 32; Rom. 10:9; 1 Pet. 1:21). However, the Bible clearly states that each person of the Godhead raised Jesus from the dead.

First, Scripture plainly states that the Father raised Jesus from the dead (Gal.1:1; Eph. 1:20). The JWs or LDS have often heard God or the Father raised Jesus from the dead but not the other members of the Trinity. But to avoid confusion, emphasize that God raised Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). When the Bible says God raised Jesus from the dead, it is often referring to all three members of the Trinity. This is true throughout the Bible, unless it specifies which person. Emphasize this when talking to non-Trinitarians so they do not think you are advocating that Jesus is the Spirit or the Father.

Remember, in addition to the Father, the Son played a role in the Resurrection. Jesus declared He would raise Himself from the dead. After cleansing the temple in John 2, Jesus was questioned by the Jews for a sign after declaring the temple to be His Father’s house and purging it of vendors:
Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said (John 2:19-22,NKJV).
Notice that Jesus does not give glory to any other when declaring He would raise Himself from the dead. The common objection to these powerful verses is that Jesus is using symbolic language. However, notice verse 21 of John chapter two: “He was talking about the temple of His body”—the “temple” He would raise up in three days was His body. The Apostle John specifically wrote verse 21 so the reader would understand Jesus was declaring that He would raise Himself up physically from the dead because He was God.

Last, the Spirit also raised Jesus from the dead. In Romans 8:9-11, we read the following:
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Here we read God the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, and this same Spirit dwells in all believers. Thus, we have strong evidence from Scripture, when describing the Resurrection, that the Triune Godhead raised Jesus from the dead.

Each person of the Trinity played a part in the Resurrection, yet collectively the same essence of God raised Jesus from the dead. Note, unbelievers will often ask how Jesus could raise Himself from the dead if He died on the cross. Kindly point out to them that only his body died and His spirit was still alive. Show them how Jesus told the thief on the cross He would see him in paradise the same day they were crucified (Luke 23:43), so his spirit had not ceased to exist.

jaybird

thats great info.

so back to the questions i asked, where does the bible say the trinity, three beings equally raised Jesus?
and John 4 teaching trinity worship, again, there is no mention of one, two and three beings that equally get worshiped as the Most High. the scripture does say to worship the Father, and Jesus says the Father is in fact one, not three in one.
also just so you know labeling someone a "cult" does not establish truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
thats great info.

so back to the questions i asked, where does the bible say the trinity, three beings equally raised Jesus?
and John 4 teaching trinity worship, again, there is no mention of one, two and three beings that equally get worshiped as the Most High. the scripture does say to worship the Father, and Jesus says the Father is in fact one, not three in one.
also just so you know labeling someone a "cult" does not establish truth.

the Bible never says Trinity but teaches the concept.

Apple7

Okay.

Of the books listed which so you think is not inspired by GOD, and why?

I already replied to this when I mentioned the Koran, as one of your suggested texts, as described in your OP.

However....you did not want to talk turkey at that time.

Apple7

where does the bible say this?

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4;
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; 1 Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

trinity is not mentioned anywhere in that scripture, it only speaks of worshiping the Father who Jesus says is one.

John 4.24 declares worship of The Holy Spirit.

jaybird

Who raised Jesus from the dead?

• God the Father… Acts 3.26; Eph 1.15-20; Gal 1.1; 1 Thes 1.9-10
• God the Son…John 2.19-22; 10.17-18; Romans 6.4;
• God the Spirit…Romans 8.11; 1 Peter 3.18
• The Trinity…Romans 10.9; 1 Peter 1.20-21; Hebrews 13.20-21; 1 Cor 6.14; Col 2.11-12; Acts 2.23-24; 2.32; 3.14-15; 13.30-37

John 4.24 declares worship of The Holy Spirit.

I didnt think about John 2 19, Jesus does say He will raise the temple. I think its stretching it to make this into G-D the Son. Jesus was is the perfect Image of the Most High. I have no problem believing Jesus played a part in His own resurrection but the source of the resurrection power came from the Father.
No arguments in the spirit, thats the power of the Most High, I dont see the spirit as an additional Most High as there is only one.

Romans 10.9; 1 Peter 1.20-21
no trinity in those passages, IMO your adding an assumption.

If Jesus was the Most High, who was He praying to all the time?

Apple7

No arguments in the spirit, thats the power of the Most High, I dont see the spirit as an additional Most High as there is only one.

If Jesus was the Most High, who was He praying to all the time?

After His singular Resurrection, but before His ascension, the Son inherited all nations from The Father, according to the Son of Man vision in Dan 7. Father and Son became the Most Highs (plural) (Dan 7.18, 22, 25b, 27).

jaybird

After His singular Resurrection, but before His ascension, the Son inherited all nations from The Father, according to the Son of Man vision in Dan 7. Father and Son became the Most Highs (plural) (Dan 7.18, 22, 25b, 27).
i thought the Father and the Son never changed.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Malachi 3:6
“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

two Most Highs?

did you not know who Jesus was praying to?

Apple7

i thought the Father and the Son never changed.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Malachi 3:6
“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

two Most Highs?

Most Highs is plural in the Aramaic of Daniel.

did you not know who Jesus was praying to?

Both God The Son, and God The Father, claim that each other is God.