Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

jaybird

Most Highs is plural in the Aramaic of Daniel.

exactly, plural is more than one. two Most Highs. and now we know what happened to all those big crowds of Jews that followed Jesus in the days of His ministry, Jews will never worship more than one G-D. yet those same Jews who later reject this idea had no problem following Jesus at that time. what does that tell you?

interesting that the Most High is not once refereed to as a "they". always "I" "He" and Him.

Both God The Son, and God The Father, claim that each other is God.

ok . . and Jesus was praying to who exactly?

Apple7

exactly, plural is more than one. two Most Highs. and now we know what happened to all those big crowds of Jews that followed Jesus in the days of His ministry, Jews will never worship more than one G-D. yet those same Jews who later reject this idea had no problem following Jesus at that time. what does that tell you?

The Jews who knew their scripture immediately knew that Jesus was The Malek Yahweh as described in the OT, and they worshiped Him as God.

ok . . and Jesus was praying to who exactly?

God The Father.

jaybird

The Jews who knew their scripture immediately knew that Jesus was The Malek Yahweh as described in the OT, and they worshiped Him as God.
with respect, gonna have to correct you on that. Jesus was worshiped. was He worshiped as the Most High, a messenger (son os the Most High) or king? all three examples are accepted in scripture. only one example gives specifics details and thats the wise men, they worshiped Him as king. so to say He is being worshiped as the Most High is making a big assumption.

God The Father.
and according to your theology Jesus is also the Most High. so why would Jesus need to pray to the Most High when He is in fact the Most High. this makes no sense at all.

Apple7

with respect, gonna have to correct you on that. Jesus was worshiped. was He worshiped as the Most High, a messenger (son os the Most High) or king? all three examples are accepted in scripture. only one example gives specifics details and thats the wise men, they worshiped Him as king. so to say He is being worshiped as the Most High is making a big assumption.

Jesus was worshiped as God and Savior.

and according to your theology Jesus is also the Most High. so why would Jesus need to pray to the Most High when He is in fact the Most High. this makes no sense at all.

You already acknowledged that 'Most High' is plural.

Think...

jaybird

Jesus was worshiped as God and Savior.
scripture only says worshiped as king. anything more is at best an assumption, at worse adding to scripture.

You already acknowledged that 'Most High' is plural.

Think...

no that was you going on about the two Most Highs. i agree with Jesus that the Most High is one.

so back to this issue with Jesus praying. does it not bother you that this example in scripture is contrary to what your doctrine teaches? it would bother me.

Apple7

scripture only says worshiped as king. anything more is at best an assumption, at worse adding to scripture.

This doxology mandates that Jesus was worshiped as God...

λεγοντες φωνη μεγαλη αξιον εστιν το αρνιον το εσφαγμενον λαβειν την δυναμιν και πλουτον και σοφιαν και ισχυν και τιμην και δοξαν και ευλογιαν

no that was you going on about the two Most Highs. i agree with Jesus that the Most High is one.

The Trinity is One God.

so back to this issue with Jesus praying. does it not bother you that this example in scripture is contrary to what your doctrine teaches? it would bother me.

What is your version of 'my doctrine'...?

jaybird

This doxology mandates that Jesus was worshiped as God...

λεγοντες φωνη μεγαλη αξιον εστιν το αρνιον το εσφαγμενον λαβειν την δυναμιν και πλουτον και σοφιαν και ισχυν και τιμην και δοξαν και ευλογιαν

not sure whos doxology your talking about. but according to scripture the Most High, kings and angels are worshiped. Jesus is worshiped as king, the bible says this, the other times it says Jesus is worshiped and the examples do not say how. your adding something that is not there.
if i believed in a doctrine, and i had to add to scripture to make it work, i would re think my doctrine.

The Trinity is One God.
the trinity is actually a three in one Most High. Jesus says the Most High is one. one is one, not three in one.

What is your version of 'my doctrine'...?
trinity doctrine.
did you have an explanation to who Jesus is praying to?

Apple7

not sure whos doxology your talking about. but according to scripture the Most High, kings and angels are worshiped. Jesus is worshiped as king, the bible says this, the other times it says Jesus is worshiped and the examples do not say how. your adding something that is not there.
if i believed in a doctrine, and i had to add to scripture to make it work, i would re think my doctrine.

Jesus is clearly worshiped as God in the Biblical passage that I showed you.

Since you don't know any Greek, whatsoever, you have no way of disproving this passage...and, instead, you attempt to dismiss it as it conflicts with your ignorant worldview...

the trinity is actually a three in one Most High. Jesus says the Most High is one. one is one, not three in one.

Each is called the Most High.

Each is the ONE God.

Simple.

trinity doctrine.
did you have an explanation to who Jesus is praying to?

God The Father.

We already replied to this.

A bitter pill for you...?

jaybird

Jesus is clearly worshiped as God in the Biblical passage that I showed you.

Since you don't know any Greek, whatsoever, you have no way of disproving this passage...and, instead, you attempt to dismiss it as it conflicts with your ignorant worldview...

and yet not one Greek to English translator picked up on this in two thousand years. you cant be serious.

Each is called the Most High.

Each is the ONE God.

Simple.
thats three gods and would also be a "they" the Most High is never, not once spoken of anywhere in scripture as a "they" always "He" how many does "He" refer to?

God The Father.

We already replied to this.

A bitter pill for you...?

you actually have not replied to this. yes you make comments like G-D the Father (the Most High), yet your teaching Jesus is the Most High.
so if Jesus (the Most High) is praying, then who is the Most High praying to? and why would the Most High even need to pray, what does the Most High need help with.
do you see the can of worms you open with this idea?

Apple7

and yet not one Greek to English translator picked up on this in two thousand years. you cant be serious.

Most English renderings were performed by Trinitarians.

So...yet another ignorant statement by you...

thats three gods and would also be a "they" the Most High is never, not once spoken of anywhere in scripture as a "they" always "He" how many does "He" refer to?

3 Persons; 1 Being.

You are confusing the THREE Persons with the ONE God.

Proving that you don't yet understand what The Trinity is...

you actually have not replied to this. yes you make comments like G-D the Father (the Most High), yet your teaching Jesus is the Most High.
so if Jesus (the Most High) is praying, then who is the Most High praying to? and why would the Most High even need to pray, what does the Most High need help with.
do you see the can of worms you open with this idea?

God discourses with God all the time...even in the OT.

Where have you been...?

jaybird

Most English renderings were performed by Trinitarians.

So...yet another ignorant statement by you...

so why does not one of these trins agree with you?

we can remedy this pretty easy, give me the scripture that says someone worshiped Jesus as the Most High and lets see if a greek lex or conc agrees.

3 Persons; 1 Being.

You are confusing the THREE Persons with the ONE God.

Proving that you don't yet understand what The Trinity is...
3 persons, each one is the Most High, this makes three beings, three Most Highs.

God discourses with God all the time...even in the OT.

Where have you been...?

i am pretty sure there are no examples of the Most High praying to the Most High, there would be no need to. the Most High does not need the extra help.

Apple7

we can remedy this pretty easy, give me the scripture that says someone worshiped Jesus as the Most High and lets see if a greek lex or conc agrees.

jaybird

rev 5 1?

did you not have an example in scripture of the Most High praying/talking to Himself?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
3 persons, each one is the Most High, this makes three beings, three Most Highs.
Nope.
You are looking at it wrong.
Think of it as 3 persons makes one unity, such as one family.
The three make 1 family, not 3 families.

YHWH is a triune unity of 3 persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

We understand plural unities because the very first chapter of the Bible lays the foundation for the concept.
The GOD that was creating says "us" and "our", letting you know right away it is not just one person doing the creating.
Coupled with the fact that the NT tell us that the Son created, and that there was NOTHING created that was not created by Him.
And yet the OT says that GOD alone created.
So we know without a doubt that GOD is a unity.

The first chapter also tells us that more than one single person can be called "one" - Adam and Eve as one flesh, not two fleshes.
That one flesh consisted of two persons.

So the very first chapter sets the precedence for having a unity of "one" that does not consist of a single person.

We also know this from our own language.
One nation.
One committee.
One school.
etc.
All "one" unity of more than one person.

Fits perfectly with what GOD has revealed in scripture for us.

So you can see how when we see someone start hollering that GOD is "one" , we just throw up our hands because you really don't have a sound argument for it being one person to begin with.
In short, it's a very lame argument.

popsthebuilder

Nope.
You are looking at it wrong.
Think of it as 3 persons makes one unity, such as one family.
The three make 1 family, not 3 families.

YHWH is a triune unity of 3 persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

We understand plural unities because the very first chapter of the Bible lays the foundation for the concept.
The GOD that was creating says "us" and "our", letting you know right away it is not just one person doing the creating.
Coupled with the fact that the NT tell us that the Son created, and that there was NOTHING created that was not created by Him.
And yet the OT says that GOD alone created.
So we know without a doubt that GOD is a unity.

The first chapter also tells us that more than one single person can be called "one" - Adam and Eve as one flesh, not two fleshes.
That one flesh consisted of two persons.

So the very first chapter sets the precedence for having a unity of "one" that does not consist of a single person.

We also know this from our own language.
One nation.
One committee.
One school.
etc.
All "one" unity of more than one person.

Fits perfectly with what GOD has revealed in scripture for us.

So you can see how when we see someone start hollering that GOD is "one" , we just throw up our hands because you really don't have a sound argument for it being one person to begin with.
In short, it's a very lame argument.
That you limit GOD to a or three persons is lame seeing as how we are to worship HIM in Spirit and in truth because our GOD is one and Spirit. And if GOD is spirit and the Word was GOD then the Word is the Spirit of GOD.

not three persons which would be also three spirits, but one Spirit being expressed in three ways for man's understanding.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk