Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

It is a shame because it DOES answer your question. Read it again, without the preconceived notions this time. You asked 'why.' Now read it again.

It is outrageous how you think that you have not been defeated in discussions.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Today is tomorrow's yesterday.

Hebrews 3:13 CSB - 13 But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin's deception.

John 11:9 CSB - 9 "Aren't there twelve hours in a day? " Jesus answered. "If anyone walks during the day, he doesn't stumble, because he sees the light of this world.

Matthew 6:34 CSB - 34 "Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Shalom.

Jacob

Zeke

Because the mystery is that Christ lives in us, not that you can secretly sin and have it easy in this life by not following Him, yet professing belief and faith in HIM.

FAITH IS EFFECTUAL AND BELIEVE IS LIVED OUT AS IF TRUTH, IF ACTUAL BELIEF.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Kinda makes one wonder what kind of schizophrenic inner mystery John 2:21, Luke 17:20-21 their trying to explain through outside observation of the temple made with hands, claiming to grasp the more excellent way of knowing the Christ within yet their knowledge is still based on the dead letter/husk with a in Christ Acts 17:28 worldly interpretation, mostly still in ignorance as to whats hiding under the surface Acts 17:24, 1Cor 6:19, I don't think they get a lot of spiritual food from their temples its mostly fruits of bravado to one degree or another instead of spiritual food from within themselves 1Cor9:13.

jaybird

I already answered you.

Jesus gave rules and guidelines for the New Covenant, and it had to be followed or a person could not enter.

the new covenant, which really has nothing to do with what we are talking about but i guess its your way of dodging, is written on the believers heart, written on heart = null and void?

God's Truth

the new covenant, which really has nothing to do with what we are talking about but i guess its your way of dodging, is written on the believers heart, written on heart = null and void?

You are the one who put down the Lord.

As for the the new covenant, no one can enter and have it written on their heart unless they do what Jesus says.

popsthebuilder

No, YOU read the scriptures given. Imho, this is your shortcoming this week. You aren't reading the Bible nor understanding it.
I don't know if you noticed, but I thanked two of your posts at least that were only references. I did that because I agree with them. I know I agree with them because I took the time to look them up and read them. But that doesn't mean I agree with your take on them because I don't really know it. That is why it seems best to me if you expound on the scripture you post as opposed to just posting references. We all love scripture, being here, most likely. But how can we know that we agree or disagree on a thing if all the is given is reference to scripture without at least a word to explain where you are coming from with it.

You saying I haven't been reading the Holy Bible this week seems to be a simple assumption because of the nature of the thread.

popsthebuilder

Jesus has nothing to do with other gods.

Thieves will not inherit.

The thief that climbed over is not going to inherit.

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

John 10:1 "Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
Is it a thief who follows the Way/ the Spirit? Is it a thief who confesses Christ/ the Spirit/ Word came/ comes in the flesh?

popsthebuilder

Kinda makes one wonder what kind of schizophrenic inner mystery John 2:21, Luke 17:20-21 their trying to explain through outside observation of the temple made with hands, claiming to grasp the more excellent way of knowing the Christ within yet their knowledge is still based on the dead letter/husk with a in Christ Acts 17:28 worldly interpretation, mostly still in ignorance as to whats hiding under the surface Acts 17:24, 1Cor 6:19, I don't think they get a lot of spiritual food from their temples its mostly fruits of bravado to one degree or another instead of spiritual food from within themselves 1Cor9:13.
Outstanding Sir (I assume you are male; not that it really matters.)

Thank you.

peace

popsthebuilder

Acts 17: 26. And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27. That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

popsthebuilder

( the secret place is the inner man, and the Christ/ GOD/ Spirit is in no way limited to a person in these verses.)

Psalm 91: 1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; 6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 7. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Lon

I don't know if you noticed, but I thanked two of your posts at least that were only references. I did that because I agree with them. I know I agree with them because I took the time to look them up and read them. But that doesn't mean I agree with your take on them because I don't really know it. That is why it seems best to me if you expound on the scripture you post as opposed to just posting references. We all love scripture, being here, most likely. But how can we know that we agree or disagree on a thing if all the is given is reference to scripture without at least a word to explain where you are coming from with it.

You saying I haven't been reading the Holy Bible this week seems to be a simple assumption because of the nature of the thread.

:think: PARTLY true, but read your accusation again. I gave naught but scripture and it DOES address your question. AGAIN, ask me how instead of giving the quick 'n' dirty of accusations and misdiagnoses? Again, that is WHY I said read it (very good to see you reading the others). -Lon

popsthebuilder

:think: PARTLY true, but read your accusation again. I gave naught but scripture and it DOES address your question. AGAIN, ask me how instead of giving the quick 'n' dirty of accusations and misdiagnoses? Again, that is WHY I said read it (very good to see you reading the others). -Lon
Revelation 2: 14. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Exodus 23: 24. Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

Exodus 34: 14. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Acts 8: 10. To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

Acts 8: 21. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

(The verses you supplies are indeed simply you cherry picking and placing for me to read based on your opinion of me personally.

You haven't got a clue as to the truth evidently.

You just molested scripture to fit your own desire.

That isn't right.

Nor are the things you said in that post that wasn't out of context scripture.

glorydaz

Faith is effectual.

So you keep saying, but what do you mean when you say it?

I'll tell you what faith is effectual....the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:6
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​