Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

Because the mystery is that Christ lives in us, not that you can secretly sin and have it easy in this life by not following Him, yet professing belief and faith in HIM.

FAITH IS EFFECTUAL AND BELIEVE IS LIVED OUT AS IF TRUTH, IF ACTUAL BELIEF.

There you go...falsely accusing grace believers of secretly or wilfully sinning.

This only proves that you are not IN CHRIST, nor do you understand what it means to be a new creature.

You fail once again, Pops.

popsthebuilder

So you keep saying, but what do you mean when you say it?

I'll tell you what faith is effectual....the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:6
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

I think you missed part, but I am glad you glorify Christ anyway.

Philippians 1: 6. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7. Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. 13. So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; 15. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16. The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. 21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; 27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; 28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. 29. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; 30. Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

Philippians 3: 8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10. That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11. If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 17. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 20. For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21. Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

(Yes, faith is definitely effectual. And yes we are to suffer and strive for what we know is right.)

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

There you go...falsely accusing grace believers of secretly or wilfully sinning.

This only proves that you are not IN CHRIST, nor do you understand what it means to be a new creature.

You fail once again, Pops.
I accused none.

Perhaps there is hope for you after all; you have a guilty conscience.

Good for you.

popsthebuilder

By the way.....you made that up.

Even better...we all know it. :rotfl:
As if you know; the one who thinks the Spirit is some other Spirit as oppoesed to the Spirit of GOD, and who exclaims GOD manifest is the fullness of GOD yet his spirit is that of man as opposed to GOD...

keep that profound truth coming....this fool may not be able to keep up though....

glorydaz

As if you know; the one who thinks the Spirit is some other Spirit as oppoesed to the Spirit of GOD, and who exclaims GOD manifest is the fullness of GOD yet his spirit is that of man as opposed to GOD...

keep that profound truth coming....this fool may not be able to keep up though....

Your retard button has gotten stuck again.....drag out the axel grease and slather it on.

popsthebuilder

Your retard button has gotten stuck again.....drag out the axel grease and slather it on.
Post something with substance or don't expect a reply. I'm not doing this for no reason.

You who claims you needn't do anything must be doing it for the wrong reasons per your doctrine.

Lon

Spoiler
Revelation 2: 14. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Exodus 23: 24. Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

Exodus 34: 14. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Acts 8: 10. To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

Acts 8: 21. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

(The verses you supplies are indeed simply you cherry picking and placing for me to read based on your opinion of me personally.
:nono: Not these, Isaiah 53 These were given in answer to your questions :idunno: Weren't you asking what scriptures might be talking about going to the Koran or B'hai? I was trying to come up with scriptures and had a little help.

You haven't got a clue as to the truth evidently.
Just my bible search engine concerning the exclusivity of Biblical demands. Why'd you take them personally? I was answering your question :idunno:

You just molested scripture to fit your own desire.

That isn't right.
:nono: I posted those 'prior' to what I asked you to read. Isaiah 53
I guess these are the ones that stuck in your mind, but I was trying to answer your 'next' question.
If scriptures are hammering you, look at them. You are shooting a messenger and someone who just 'tried' to meaningfully answer a question.
Isaiah 53:10-12
Nor are the things you said in that post that wasn't out of context scripture.
Interesting you'd say that. It wasn't my collation :think: I was looking at how orthodox Christians handle extra-biblical sources and such were recommended reading :think: I'm not going to be mean or snarky back to you. I'm sure I've said something recently in another thread not directed to you, but you took personal? :idunno: See here I pulled some of these from memory, some of them provided as I looked into 'your' question.

Again, just answering 'your' question, or so was the attempt. I had no idea a nerve was going to be trampled. :nono:

popsthebuilder

:nono: Not these, Isaiah 53 These were given in answer to your questions :idunno: Weren't you asking what scriptures might be talking about going to the Koran or B'hai? I was trying to come up with scriptures and had a little help.

Just my bible search engine concerning the exclusivity of Biblical demands. Why'd you take them personally? I was answering your question :idunno:

:nono: I posted those 'prior' to what I asked you to read. Isaiah 53
I guess these are the ones that stuck in your mind, but I was trying to answer your 'next' question.
If scriptures are hammering you, look at them. You are shooting a messenger and someone who just 'tried' to meaningfully answer a question.

Interesting you'd say that. It wasn't my collation :think: I was looking at how orthodox Christians handle extra-biblical sources and such were recommended reading :think: I'm not going to be mean or snarky back to you. I'm sure I've said something recently in another thread not directed to you, but you took personal? :idunno: See here I pulled some of these from memory, some of them provided as I looked into 'your' question.

Again, just answering 'your' question, or so was the attempt. I had no idea a nerve was going to be trampled. :nono:
And now we get to the root of the problem.

You using the opinions of other men to attempt to justify your assumption. you conflate the Quran and writing of the Baha'i to be dangerous to the Gospel because of the words of others, then you use the opinion of others to bolster your stance. Did you ever think one might call you out on it as I did many posts ago when I asked you to give your meaning or understanding and not those of others.

God's Truth

Is it a thief who follows the Way/ the Spirit? Is it a thief who confesses Christ/ the Spirit/ Word came/ comes in the flesh?

Did you read the third scripture I gave?

If you do believe in Jesus as you say, then you can't mix it with other ways.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

popsthebuilder

Did you read the third scripture I gave?

If you do believe in Jesus as you say, then you can't mix it with other ways.

1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
I understand and agree, but we have different criteria for that I suppose.

If they deny Christ/ the spirit of GOD, came in the flesh then you would have a case to me.

peace