Theology Club: Is SaulToPaul an Acts 28 Dispensationalist?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I asked you if the verses which I quoted in the epistle to the Romans is the "good news" of grace.
No, you didn't. You asked if that was the gospel of the grace of God, but it was this:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Jerry mixes up his terms and then asks everyone else to agree with him.

Jerry Shugart

No it isn't. The gospel of Christ is found in Romans.

Your confusion is total if you do not think that these words written to the church at Rome are speaking of the "good news" of the grace of God:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

Then in the next chapter he declared this principle in regard the grace of God:

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).​

If you want to explain the principles in regard to the good news of the grace of God to an unbeliever which verses do you quote?

I believe there is one Body of Christ, made up of heirs and joint-heirs.

Then why do you deny that these people Paul addressed were not in the Body of Christ?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment can see that Paul tells those who received this epistle that they are heirs and co-heirs with Christ. And by your own ideas they must be members of the Body of Christ:

Even though it is evident that these people in the church at Rome are saved and members of the Body of Christ you deny it.

SaulToPaul 2

Even though it is evident that these people in the church at Rome are saved and members of the Body of Christ you deny it.

How could they be? They did not yet know the gospel of Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation unto every one that believeth.

Romans is full of Body doctrine. You're hung up on something (whether or not they were in the Body yet) that should open your eyes instead of confuse you.

Jerry Shugart

it's one part of it, there are many pieces of good news. to say that the entire grace message is contained in, or began with those verses is taking shortcuts -

If you are going to preach the gospel of the grace of God to an unbeliever from the Bible then what particular passages will you quote?

Jerry Shugart

Romans is full of Body doctrine. You're hung up on something (whether or not they were in the Body yet) that should open your eyes instead of confuse you.

I merely quoted your own words here:

Then why do you deny that these people Paul addressed were not in the Body of Christ?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment can see that Paul tells those who received this epistle that they are heirs and co-heirs with Christ. And by your own ideas they must be members of the Body of Christ:

You do not even attempt to answer that. Instead of even attempting to answer it you try to change the subject as fast as you can.

Besides that, do you really think that Paul would say the following to those who are not saved:

The good news of the grace of God is clearly seen in the epistle to the Romans but you deny that truth:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

Then in the next chapter he declared this principle in regard the grace of God:

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).​

I asked you the following question and you did not answer me:

If you want to explain the principles in regard to the good news of the grace of God to an unbeliever which verses do you quote?

All you did once again is to run and hide!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

That's a good question for you.

I have already said where the good news of the grace of God is found and that is in the epistle to the Romans. Those verses about grace is what I would quote to an unbeliever.

Which verses would you quote to an unbeliever to explain the good news of the grace of God?

Are you going to continue to run and hide from that question for the rest of your life?

Jerry Shugart

Can a member of the Body of Christ believe Jesus is the Christ, but deny that he died for his sins?

Once again you change the subject as fast as you can and ask another question in the hope that no one will notice that you continue to run and hide from what I said in regard to your remark here:

Then why do you deny that these people Paul addressed were in the Body of Christ?:

You do not even attempt to answer that. Instead of even attempting to answer it you try to change the subject as fast as you can.

You are a sad case who has reached a point where you no longer even attempt to defend your views!

Last edited:

Danoh

STP is not changing the subject, anymore than the Lord was, whenever He would ask one of His seemingly odd (to his hearers) questions.

Rather; he is attempting to get you look at some things you might want to look at that you are leaving out of the equation.

Then again, perhaps that is my projection of my own intent, lol

Jerry Shugart

STP is not changing the subject, anymore than the Lord was, whenever He would ask one of His seemingly odd (to his hearers) questions.

Sure he is. He has never answered the fact that those in the church at Rome were in fact heirs and co-heirs with Christ and he said that those heirs and co-heirs were members of the Body of Christ.

And then he denies that those in the church at Rome were members of the Body of Christ when Paul wrote his epistles to them.

And all you are doing is making excuses for why STP continues to run and hide from these facts.

SaulToPaul 2

Rather; he is attempting to get you look at some things you might want to look at that you are leaving out of the equation.

Then again, perhaps that is my projection of my own intent, lol

Jerry does not like it when someone will not stick to his script, that he has memorized, and has designed to proof text everyone into obedience to him.

I will not do it.

:thumb: