Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
63% of all statistics are made up on the spot :)

and the other 47% are used by people who are bad at maths :banana:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
50% of domestic violence has been proven to have been instigated by the females

Yeah, but that would require the woman to accept some sort of accountability for something- and that just doesn't do. They are then victims of being accountable :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So we are bound by God to have sex when we may not want to?

1 Corinthians 1-5
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Using the Bible to justify your feminized mindset is futile, because the red highlight is all you see.

Your name should be 'jane patrick' :chuckle:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Amen. Where's my I Cor 7 teaching?
I guess it's gone the way of the head covering teaching, no need to obey.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 1-5
Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Using the Bible to justify your feminized mindset is futile, because the red highlight is all you see.

Your name should be 'jane patrick' :chuckle:
Thanks Mrs. Crucible, but what about respecting your partner's wishes? No means no

ok doser

[deleted girly rant] ...lack of understanding where it comes to the hideous violation of another human being....

nonsense - i understand better than you how traumatic being raped is

i also understand that those who have been exposed to trauma - of any kind - are better off getting over it than dwelling on it

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

you win again!
Spoiler
you_win_prize_downs.jpg

dude - you're just awesome! :first:

now be a good boy and go away
Just thought you should hear it from someone you love and respect.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
hideous violation of another human being

A spouse imposing sex on the other is not a 'hideous violation of another human being'.

None of you have been able to explain otherwise, you all are just making the blanket statement that 'rape is bad' and that's it. You may as well copy and paste it rather than give yourself carpal tunnel :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain

i also understand that those who have been exposed to trauma - of any kind - are better off getting over it than dwelling on it

Only a moron would use such simplistic throwaway terms like 'getting over it' & 'dwelling on it' with regards to trauma.

So no surprise they were posted by you then really.

You know nothing about the effects of rape so take your sad little act someplace else you boring little troll. Honestly, how are you not even boring yourself with this tedious act yet?

Arthur Brain

A spouse imposing sex on the other is not a 'hideous violation of another human being'.

None of you have been able to explain otherwise, you all are just making the blanket statement that 'rape is bad' and that's it. You may as well copy and paste it rather than give yourself carpal tunnel :rolleyes:

Well if it isn't Captain Rolleyes...:rolleyes:

You are a misogynistic little nut and just as boring as SOD...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well if it isn't Captain Rolleyes...:rolleyes:

You are a misogynistic little nut and just as boring as SOD...

Ah
So that's why you all perpetuate lies, it's much more fun than plain old truths :rolleyes:

Also
It shouldn't even be called 'rolleyes', it's more of a sarcastic face. That's why I use it :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Ah
So that's why you all perpetuate lies, it's much more fun than plain old truths :rolleyes:

Do you wear a tin foil hat to bed? Otherwise this is just yet more unsubstantiated babbling, kind of a common trait with you. The reason why most don't see things the same as you is because that's not the way things actually are, your woman hatred notwithstanding.

Also
It shouldn't even be called 'rolleyes', it's more of a 'whatever' or 'you're an idiot' face. That's why I use it :chuckle:

Then put a post it note on your mirror then. You're a fruitcake with a whole load of nuts in the mix...

ok doser

Only a moron would use such simplistic throwaway terms like 'getting over it' & 'dwelling on it' with regards to trauma.

not sure why you'd say that, except for your antagonism towards me and anybody who dares to disagree with you on this subject :idunno:

artie said:
You know nothing about the effects of rape...

have you ever been raped artie?

i clipped the rest of your girly rant

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You know nothing about the effects of rape

YOU know nothing about the effects of rape, only what you've been told. Ever find it funny that a man raped by a woman would not be traumatized for life?

Why is that :think:
It's one of those funny damn questions that nobody is capable of really answering. And it's all too obvious why.

Rape seemed to have a far less impact on women up until the feminist movement- but don't let reality hinder your idolatry of them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
YOU know nothing about the effects of rape, only what you've been told.
I've never been crucified. All I know about it is what I've been told. All most people know about any number of things is what they're told.

Ever find it funny that a man raped by a woman would not be traumatized for life?
I don't think rape is funny no matter who is on the victim's end of it. Though a man is much more likely to be raped by another man. I suspect being penetrated is more psychologically damaging, but I'm not going to assume that a man, raped, simply isn't damaged by it or speculate on the degree or duration of the damage.

But then, I'm not trying to advance an irrational, emotional grudge, so don't let me stop you.

Why is that :think:
Why is what? Why is your undemonstrated assumption to set up another witless attack on women something worth considering? Why indeed.

It's one of those funny damn questions that nobody is capable of really answering.
It's an assumption with peculiar punctuation that happens so rarely it's not much discussed by anyone.

And it's all too obvious why.
I think something is all too obvious. And here it comes.

Rape seemed to have a far less impact on women up until the feminist movement
Like most of what you say about women and rape, there's no reason for anyone, literally anyone to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.