Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthjourney

With secular society and law, it is all in the women's favor.

The Bible is patriarchal and anti-feminist, but those such as yourself simply want the best of both worlds. You haven't 'proved' anything wrong, because you obviously don't even know what I've been talking about :rolleyes:
How do you even know what I want? And if I were you I wouldn't be talking about the bible or being a Christian since you only give the impression of worshipping yourself because you just happen to be a man. That's your claim to fame.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Utterly horrifying! The man who abuses his wife will also abuse his children.

Domestic abuse and child abuse DO walk hand in hand. To approve of one is automatic approval of the other.

Actually, any man or woman who abuses their spouse IS abusing their child by virtue of the violence they are teaching them.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Actually, any man or woman who abuses their spouse IS abusing their child by virtue of the violence they are teaching them.

What about any woman who divorces their husband..

Oh wait, that means accountability of women, let's systematically throw that out like always :rolleyes:

truthjourney

Utterly horrifying! The man who abuses his wife will also abuse his children.
That article also gave a true account of a woman who sought help from her pastor concerning domestic violence. Her pastor told her to continue to submit to her husband who was a Sunday school teacher and a deacon. So she did as her pastor advised her and then her husband killed her. Her church couldn't believe it happened.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That article also gave a true account of a woman who sought help from her pastor concerning domestic violence. Her pastor told her to continue to submit to her husband who was a Sunday school teacher and a deacon. So she did as her pastor advised her and then her husband killed her. Her church couldn't believe it happened.

Of course not ... the pastor and church were the participants who encouraged this behavior. Anyone who doesn't step forward and condemn abuse are active participants when it happens.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Being that women have so much favor in domestic courts, where divorce is actually something of a prospect, I doubt pastors are inclined to feed into this systematic rejection of men's rights and being treated unfairly.

truthjourney

Of course not ... the pastor and church were the participants who encouraged this behavior. Anyone who doesn't step forward and condemn abuse are active participants when it happens.
Her pastor was certainly aware of the abuse and violence and didn't do anything to help her. This was after she had told him that her husband kicked her and cracked her ribs.Her pastor could have at least helped to find her a safe place to live. That was definitely encouraging her husband's behavior and putting her life in grave danger. Very negligent.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, it isn't. Even the old "tender years" presumption has gone by the wayside. Men have successfully sued for divorce on the same grounds as women, have been given primary custody of children and even collected alimony.

and a football player can get away with rape
but
first he has to get her drunk

they haven't figured that out

elohiym

you are not going to like this
and
that is too bad

Why are you using Augustine's story about his dysfunctional family as a guide for treating wives? Did you read in the same chapter how his father somehow wronged the bed with his mother? Why would it be wrong if it was allegedly the husband's right?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why are you using Augustine's story about his dysfunctional family as a guide for treating wives? Did you read in the same chapter how his father somehow wronged the bed with his mother? Why would it be wrong if it was allegedly the husband's right?

like I said

you are not going to like this

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and a football player can get away with rape but first he has to get her drunk

they haven't figured that out
I don't see the connection between it and my rebuttal of Cruc's notion. :idunno:

Also, diminished capacity should be used as part of a prosecution's argument. People have been convicted of taking advantage of others who are incapable of giving consent due to impairment of their faculties.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Her pastor was certainly aware of the abuse and violence and didn't do anything to help her. This was after she had told him that her husband kicked her and cracked her ribs.Her pastor could have at least helped to find her a safe place to live. That was definitely encouraging her husband's behavior and putting her life in grave danger. Very negligent.

Indeed ... another example of evil and patriarchy walking hand in hand.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't see the connection between it and my rebuttal of Cruc's notion. :idunno:

that is why it is my job to connect the dots

you were pointing out how men were making some progress in the courts
and
I showed how well they were doing off court
but
it was somewhat conditional

did you see what I did there?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Sure, when the man heard from the pastor what the wife was saying, he blew up and killed her.

elohiym

thank you for another opportunity to point out that the church no longer knowingly ordains homosexuals

You're welcome, but I was speaking of pedophiles, child molesters. The problem wasn't only in the Catholic Church. When I say priest, I mean anyone claiming to be a believer. Pedophiles are being protected at all levels, in all denominations, still. Why? Because so many Christians believe a false doctrine that the man molesting their child could possibly be a Christian when he's doing it. You are familiar with that license to sin doctrine, so I'm not going to elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.